View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 312 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21  Next
 TOM Registration Settings & Issues 
Handicapper

Post Re: TOM Registration Settings & Issues
jupiterjimmy wrote:
TOM is still painfully slow in the NH side. These issues have been troubling since week 1. They keep getting put off every week. It hasn't been fixed yet and it doesn't seem as if anyone is interested in fixing it. Why should we have to wait a minute and a half for each page to load when it should only take a second. There are 28 races every week. It takes about 45 minutes to make noms which ridiculous and a waste of time for something that should only take 5 minutes. Can anyone say whether this will be fixed or will it be like this for the rest of the season?

This response is shocking. People spend hours a day fixing websites sorting problems and queries nevermind the amount of time it's taken to set up the league. And your pissed off because you have to spend an hour and half to enter your horses.
I have severe issues and haven't been able to enter the NH side of things which I was gutted about. But responses like this must make them who spend a lot of time behind the scenes doing stuff think why do I bother. Because I would.

Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:07 am
Group 1 winner

In fairness to Peter things do need to improve. I personally won't have the time to sort this out for a while so it will stay like this for at least another 6 weeks. The priority is running the league. The only other option is to stop the league until the problems are sorted out and then start it up again. I'm assuming that most people would not want the league to stop while we sort out issues and will instead put up with the issues we currently have. If not let me know and the league can take a break while we sort out Tom.

Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:24 am
Selling plater

It's frustrating but it's not the end of the world. Do what Supercat does and have numerous tabs open loading different races. It honestly doesn't bother me that much, all I do is plan ahead and it only takes half an hour to get entries in. Good thing to do on your lunch break...

Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:50 pm
Group 3 winner

Mikey1892 wrote:
jupiterjimmy wrote:
TOM is still painfully slow in the NH side. These issues have been troubling since week 1. They keep getting put off every week. It hasn't been fixed yet and it doesn't seem as if anyone is interested in fixing it. Why should we have to wait a minute and a half for each page to load when it should only take a second. There are 28 races every week. It takes about 45 minutes to make noms which ridiculous and a waste of time for something that should only take 5 minutes. Can anyone say whether this will be fixed or will it be like this for the rest of the season?

This response is shocking. People spend hours a day fixing websites sorting problems and queries nevermind the amount of time it's taken to set up the league. And your pissed off because you have to spend an hour and half to enter your horses.
I have severe issues and haven't been able to enter the NH side of things which I was gutted about. But responses like this must make them who spend a lot of time behind the scenes doing stuff think why do I bother. Because I would.

I know more than anyone the amount of work that goes into designing websites and problem solving. I run my own computer repair, graphic design and web design business. There has been great work put into TOM behind the scenes, I'm not doubting that. I'm just saying that its tough to spend an hour making noms when I have very little spare time on my hands whereas if It was done right it would only take 5 minutes. If I was paid to design a website and it took a minute and a half to load a page I would be out of business. It's just a server problem and it needs to be fixed and the only way it is fixed is to stay on top of it. Keep after them about it.

Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:50 pm
Group 1 winner

jupiterjimmy wrote:
Mikey1892 wrote:
jupiterjimmy wrote:

I know more than anyone the amount of work that goes into designing websites and problem solving. I run my own computer repair, graphic design and web design business. There has been great work put into TOM behind the scenes, I'm not doubting that. I'm just saying that its tough to spend an hour making noms when I have very little spare time on my hands whereas if It was done right it would only take 5 minutes. If I was paid to design a website and it took a minute and a half to load a page I would be out of business. It's just a server problem and it needs to be fixed and the only way it is fixed is to stay on top of it. Keep after them about it.

if you knew the amount of time gone into setting everything up it would make your hair curl
the work Leon has put into tom & setting up the lge is staggering hopefully not to to the detriment to his uni work
he has a Career in the making as a commentator anyway :P
Quote:
Keep after them about it
so absolutely no call for this.
OK yes things are not ideal we all know this & i realize things can be frustrating Leon knows this

Quote:
If I was paid to design a website
something to bare in mind JJ is we all do this for nowt not a penny
just for the love of the game and the lge and all give up loads of our time to do so just something to think about
we are not people you have hired in JJ we are all volunteers so i don't think a motivational kick up the backside to get us into gear is really required or called for i do understand your frustration
but just take a balanced view of what's going on
we are all doing our best heck 10 weeks ago i did not think there would be another lge EVER

so i for 1 am very proud of the team

Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:37 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Its not just a server issue. There is also an issue with the session variables and I repeat again its not a quick fix. Frankly I don't have the time at present to sift through all the reams of code to find the bug. If you feel up to it why don't you volunteer to sort it out.

Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:54 pm
Group 1 winner

I have to be honest it really makes me cross too. I can't even seem to make the multiple tabs thing work because I just get an 'internal server error' come up on each page. BUT I very much appreciate the work that goes in and am completely ignorant of how it is done, but knowing how long it takes me to simple things on the computer I can't imagine how long some of the website programming things take.

Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:21 pm
Group 1 winner

SuperCat wrote:
I have to be honest it really makes me cross too. I can't even seem to make the multiple tabs thing work because I just get an 'internal server error' come up on each page. BUT I very much appreciate the work that goes in and am completely ignorant of how it is done, but knowing how long it takes me to simple things on the computer I can't imagine how long some of the website programming things take.

I tried your trick today and nearly tore my hair out
i opened up 4 screens and clicked on tom - nhc - enter races on all 4
3 came up with same error as above and 1 screen loaded so was back to square 1
i stupidly kept trying with 4 screens so took an age to get my decs done
As Leon has said we either live with it for this season or stall the lge and fix it
& right now Leon does not have the time to fix it anyway

Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:49 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

With the four tabs you have ONE on enter race, one on view my stable so you can see the correct handicap marks and one on nominations page. For the schedule use the one on here that sirius has done. Then after entering your horse refresh the noms page to make sure it is now listed and then go to the next race you want to make an entry.

Having four tabs on view races isn't going to help.

Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:55 pm
Group 1 winner

keithbeaky wrote:
With the four tabs you have ONE on enter race, one on view my stable so you can see the correct handicap marks and one on nominations page. For the schedule use the one on here that sirius has done. Then after entering your horse refresh the noms page to make sure it is now listed and then go to the next race you want to make an entry.

Having four tabs on view races isn't going to help.

ok cheers Matt will try next week

Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:02 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Unable to access week 5 NHC races, always reverts to week 4 or UKRA.

Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:28 am
Group 2 winner

Anadin wrote:

Log on to TOM then use this link

http://sopl.info/tom11/view-races.php?league=2

Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:19 am
Group 1 winner

Quote:

That should be fixed now. I moved it back to week 4 to process the races. Need to fix the problem. But at the moment it will only show the current NH weeks races

Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:46 pm
Handicapper

Hi guys, I'm unable to enter NH week 6 races as its reverting to week 5. Is this a similar issue which will be amended after week 5 updates?

Thanks for all the hard work behind the scenes

Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:26 pm
Group 2 winner

Uploaded 3 horses to NH but when I try to enter horses it doesn't show any horses as being eligible for entry.

Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 312 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21  Next