View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 10:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 What level are you all at? 
Group 1 winner

Post What level are you all at?
I wouldn't mind having a crack at the league, but I think due to my playing style, which is not hugely often and involves starting new games and then stopping after a few seasons, and no inter game breeding, my best strain of horses is only at about 3rd gen at the most, so I think they'd be way off the pace. However I was wondering what kind of level those of you who aren't the most serious of league players are at?

Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:05 am
Group 1 winner

Post Re: What level are you all at?
Some trainers will have a stable full of G1 horses through playing time and creating good breeding lines and systems. I then think there will be a second tier of trainers who have top handicappers and listed horses. And I also think there will be another group of trainers with not much playing time who will just have a team of handicappers.

If you are in the third tier that shouldn't put you off. Experience in the league is extremely valuable and will also give you a hunger for another season asap.

Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:41 am
Group 1 winner

Ubar02 wrote:
I wouldn't mind having a crack at the league, but I think due to my playing style, which is not hugely often and involves starting new games and then stopping after a few seasons, and no inter game breeding, my best strain of horses is only at about 3rd gen at the most, so I think they'd be way off the pace. However I was wondering what kind of level those of you who aren't the most serious of league players are at?

there are some great handicaps to aim at and any trainer can win them
there are the 9 *NEW* G1 Handicap finals at all distances to aim for and any1 can win them
even if you have 2nd or 3rd gen breeding there is so much there for you in the Lge
i would urge anyone to enter its great fun

with the newsletters and new race previewers on board it will all add to the fun
we are yet to add a commentator but this could still happen

Our Aim to make it the best ever

Join in what can you loose its free

Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:44 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

In past seasons those who haven't played much seem to have had more success in NH. So if that's the case make sure you enter some horses into NH. There are quite a few handicaps to aim for . You may not be competitive in the first 2 weeks but then your horses may be well handicapped going forward. Most of the really good horses won't be in handicaps. And with the season divided up into novices etc. There may be some niche where you have a really good horse.

Also there is upload window in week 5 where you can retire 5 horses and upload 5 new ones. This means you can get of really poor horses, or badly handicapped ones and put some better horses in your stable

Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]