View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 9:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 info for a noob 
Group 1 winner

Post info for a noob
Ok - This league thing seems interesting...when it gets up and running....what I need to know is what basics will I need to be involved?
Is there a link in here that gives a clear layout of what is needed?
Do I have to start running mods - fully or partially?

Any insight will be appreciated.

Cheers

Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:16 am
Group 1 winner

Post Re: info for a noob
Export your best horses in your game(s) when they are at peak race day readiness. The export button is found when you click a horses name. Play a lot and get a lot of horses (your best) exported. When you have a decent amount of horses in your export pool go to the CK (Race Builder button in the opening screen) and set up a race at a track and trial all your horses against each other. After the trials are done you will find out which of your horses are the better runners. These should be your league hopefuls. There is an online utility for uploading horses for the league named TOM that you will become familiar with later. Very easy to use.

That's a brief description. More tips to come.

Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:23 am
Group 1 winner

The League is a great way to have fun with this game. Most serious players can quickly become gods playing against the computer and the league provides a way for the gods to race their stock against each other. It's loads of fun and each race week it is like waiting for a new episode of your favorite show to come on. I recommend everybody try it. Be warned though that some of the league regulars and a few new players every once in awhile are very good at what they do. First timers should expect to lose races because the competition is very good. No worries though because there are plenty of races even for the donkeys (like quite a few of mine in the past)

Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:48 am
Group 1 winner

Thanks SiriusChill - I'm quite confident I can supply a few donkeys when the time comes :-)

Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:00 am
Group 1 winner

Transfer Pool horses

If I am to understand correctly horses bred from transfer pool horses will be allowed in this league. Just this time.

When you trial your horses you will find out who your best horses are. You may be surprised that that horse in one of your games you thought was the best ever regularly gets beat by that not so well thought of horse in the CK. This is why you should send your keeper horses to the transfer pool when you are done racing them.

What I do - I race my horses to the end of their 4yo season and then retire them to the transfer pool on the last day of the 4yo season. I export them for the CK at peak fitness at the end of their 2, 3 and 4yo seasons.

Every time I add horses to both the transfer and export pool I save the game and make a copy of both the "hdb" file and the "ttf" file found in the SO6 saves folder. I then paste those copies into a new folder I made and keep in the saves folder and have named "Transfer ~ Export Pool".

Saving the exports file is needed now because of the chance of losing it with new updates to the game. Saving the ttf file is needed so you can always have your horses in the transfer pool to breed with in any game you start. You transfer a horse (s) into a game and then play on. After you transfer your horse in you should go back to the new folder you made and make a copy of the ttf file you backed up and paste it back into the main saves folder. Bingo! You got your transfer horse back in your pool. You must remember to do this after every transfer imported into a game or they will be lost forever. Still crying over the loss of this one..

http://www.startersorders.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=10643

Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:23 am
Group 1 winner

Oh - that is a breeder you didn't want to loose! I can feel you pain!

Thanks for all the info so far - this gives me time to let it all sink in and possibly - well probably change how I play the game.

Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]