View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 James Doyle 

Should James Doyle remain at Godolphin next season
Yes 43%  43%  [ 3 ]
No 57%  57%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 7

James Doyle 
Group 2 winner

Post James Doyle
Hi all, a little poll.

Would love to hear your thoughts.

Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:39 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: James Doyle
Don't see what the lad has done wrong really
He is not working for the stronger side of Godolphin and has not really had the ammunition with SBS
Appleby yard has a much stronger team and he does not get to ride them
no doubt being used as a scapegoat if you aint got the horses dont matter how good a jockey you are

Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:39 am
Profile WWW
Handicapper

I think James should leave for this own good. If a team is not going to back you its not going to help the development of your career . He would be far better free lance and it would be a good test on his ability .

Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:41 am
Handicapper

Think Godolphin need to move on from Bin Suroor, don't get me wrong superb trainer back in the day, but clearly hasn't moved with the times. I can't remember the last time he had a genuine G1 horse in his yard? Poets Voice/Dubawi?

It's all about getting the right trainer, Appleby is progressing nicely and Fabre has done well for them in a short space of time with Usherette & Territories.

Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:05 am
Group 2 winner

Really interesting views. Personally i think he'd be better off leaving now. Gain a relationship with a trainer or a couple over the winter. Come on Danny Tudhope is riding for Saeed tomorrow, is he really a better jockey than Doyle? No is the answer.

I'd be really interested in knowing if this is Saeed's view or John Ferguson's.

Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:31 pm
Group 2 winner

So this whole saga just has another twist.

On wednesday Kevin Stott rides for Saaed Bin Suroor and James Doyle rides for Charlie Appleby yet the 2nd race James Doyle rides for Saaed with Kevin Stott not having a ride in the race.

So how is James Doyle not good enough to ride in the first race but good enough for the 2nd. Saaed is surely dipping himself in a big whole here.

Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:57 pm
Selling plater

PeterS94 wrote:
So this whole saga just has another twist.

On wednesday Kevin Stott rides for Saaed Bin Suroor and James Doyle rides for Charlie Appleby yet the 2nd race James Doyle rides for Saaed with Kevin Stott not having a ride in the race.

So how is James Doyle not good enough to ride in the first race but good enough for the 2nd. Saaed is surely dipping himself in a big whole here.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Doyle still retained by Godolphin themselves? If so then that's probably why, Appelby's horse will be the Godolphin first string as Stott is riding in the second string colours, and in the next race Doyle's ride is the only Godolphin runner in the race.

Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:15 pm
Group 1 winner

Cant quite believe the lad is staying with them he is a bit weak IMO your boss tells you your not
good enough anymore (when he has done not one thing wrong) but i might use you when I want
for me a professional could not get a bigger slap in the face friend or no friend he should have
walked. Plainly been used as a scapegoat or there is something more serious behind this. He really
should have given them the bird and go freelance he will get plenty of rides he is well thought of by
other trainers i find the whole thing puzzling.

Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:57 am
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Goes and wins on that SBS horse as well... though it looked a weak maiden considering the 2nd was beaten 39l on debut

Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:08 pm
Group 2 winner

Sorry but this must be the final straw for Doyle.. De Sousa is riding for Saeed on Thursday. A jockey who they axed for Doyle a few years ago not rides for them..

Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:17 pm
Handicapper

Another winner for De Sousa for them. They should just admit they made a mistake getting rid of him and sign him back up

Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]