View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next
 Kingman or Toormore 
Handicapper

Post Re: Kingman or Toormore
I can't go near Australia myself, he has not proved it on the track. AOB can hype him up as much as he wants. Firstly his pedigree gives him no chance in this race. All of AOB previous winners of the 2000 guineas had speed in their pedigree, bar Camelot who managed to get away with it only because it was such a poor classic generation. I think the betting says it all, having Kingman around even money reflects his chance and when looking at things, I can't see what will beat him. Everyone has their own opinion but I would be surprised if one was good enough to beat him in the Guineas.

I can't see Toormore being out of the first 3 either.

But what a race in prospect

Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:43 pm
Group 1 winner

CE_2014 wrote:
I can't go near Australia myself, he has not proved it on the track. AOB can hype him up as much as he wants. Firstly his pedigree gives him no chance in this race. All of AOB previous winners of the 2000 guineas had speed in their pedigree, bar Camelot who managed to get away with it only because it was such a poor classic generation. I think the betting says it all, having Kingman around even money reflects his chance and when looking at things, I can't see what will beat him. Everyone has their own opinion but I would be surprised if one was good enough to beat him in the Guineas.

I can't see Toormore being out of the first 3 either.

But what a race in prospect

Toormore is a place lay for me

Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:28 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Quote:
AOB (Australia) i have probably said too much about him i think the world of him breeding suggest 10 to 12 furlongs but
he shows plenty of speed at home i cant wait to get his campaign started its time for him to go and prove himself now

Could not agree more Aidan let the horse do the talking looking forward to him

Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:32 am
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Just thought i'd weigh in here,

First off i'm surprised how many people have strong fancy for a race like the guineas or really any 3yo race early in the season were the competition is strong. Unless your in the know with 3yo's take PJ at Coolmore for example and are taking on on paper a weak field (even these turn up shocks) I wouldn't touch a 3yo race till July.

2nd everything AOB says needs to be taken with a bit of knowledge that although I think he's one of the best trainers in this generation he is after all a PR man for a stud so the best he's ever trained I turn into "The best i have this year" and he's usually not to far off with that.

3rd Your much better off looking at the big price horses with scope to achieve more I feel, the guineas is nearly always guaranteed a big price place last few years for example Glory Awaits, Dubwai Gold, Makfi, Cockney Rebel, Henrythenavigater all started double figure odds there always value in a guineas it's just finding it.

Good luck to everyone whatever you pick :) not going to have a bet in it but if i was i'd probably have something like Cable Bay(50/1) or God Willing (50/1) basically something that's ran the dip before and had a few runs for experience.

Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:27 pm
Handicapper

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
Quote:
AOB (Australia) i have probably said too much about him i think the world of him breeding suggest 10 to 12 furlongs but
he shows plenty of speed at home i cant wait to get his campaign started its time for him to go and prove himself now

Could not agree more Aidan let the horse do the talking looking forward to him

Yep well said Aidan, but be warned.. if Australia wins the guineas it will most likely be remembered as 'dreadful', and the derby will be 'woeful' when he wins that too :roll:

Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:28 pm
Group 1 winner

Bore off, Johnny Know-all.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:08 am
Handicapper

keithbeaky wrote:
Bore off, Johnny Know-all.

Behave yourself beaky, or i'll get emerald pegasus to sort you out!

How's your betting system going? It's almost as funny as 'crumbs3000'... but only because your serious

Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:32 am
Group 1 winner

How we laughed. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:48 am
Handicapper

keithbeaky wrote:
How we laughed. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

We? Meaning who beaky?

Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:22 am
Group 1 winner

There were rumblings around Newmarket in the week about Kingman not even going to the Guineas. The ground was really surprisingly firm at the Craven and if we don't get significant rain he may well not go because of the injury he had last year. He may go to France or Ireland.

My personal feelings are that the owner doesn't really have anything else of his calibre to send there, and if he's going to be proven the best 3yo, then the best miler he has to run. But whether Gosden will risk him if it's coming up quick we won't know until the weekend of the race.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:30 am
Group 1 winner

As per you really have no idea. The way I bet on horses gives me a huge edge against the bookmakers. But someone as clueless as you couldn't understand that and never will.

Bosra sham put you firmly in your place and rather than reply directly, because you had been well shown up, you carry on with the silly, little playground replies. Camelot's Guineas and Derby were poor renewals, it's that simple. Right now this years 2000 does not look poor and I think almost everyone will agree that should Australia win he will be something special. But as in previous years we've heard it all before. I'm on for the Derby so hope he wins.

I'd be really worried about good weather for King man

Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:36 am
Group 2 winner

Each to their own in terms of betting, what works for one may not be ideal for someone else, I'm happy with my own system and you only have to look at the daily discussion over the months to see I have plenty of success, although I'd love even more profit! :D

In terms of ground for Kingman the forecast is quite unsettled for next week, if it stays the same the week after the ground won't be too quick for him.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:11 am
Group 1 winner

I only read this thread for the fights. :shock:

Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:59 am
Group 1 winner

I love the internet, its so entertaining.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:04 am
Handicapper

Agree if Australia wins he must be a superstar.

Regarding the weather front, I think the ground should be okay for Kingman. I'm sure they'll water if it gets on the quick side but like Pricey said, the weather is quite unsettled after this weekend.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next