View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 12:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 3136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210  Next
 DAILY DISCUSSION 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: DAILY DISCUSSION
Gleneagles has some turn of foot but soon as he hits the front he seems to freeze up
should have been Galileo's 2nd Juvenile multiple G1 Winner Today
Certainly high up in the pecking order for next years mile division at Ballydoyle
but doubt he is in the top 5 2yo over all Think Highland Reel The Major Guineas hope

Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:35 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Molly Morgan to beat the 1/9 shot Close Hatches in the Spinster

Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:40 pm
Group 2 winner

Watching the Gleneagles race again, Joseph should have pulled the whip through to his right to give the horse a chance to stay straight. He's been over there plenty of times to know the how strict the French judges are. He only had to watch the Cirrus DA race from the day before.

Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:39 am
Group 1 winner

Pricey wrote:
Watching the Gleneagles race again, Joseph should have pulled the whip through to his right to give the horse a chance to stay straight. He's been over there plenty of times to know the how strict the French judges are. He only had to watch the Cirrus DA race from the day before.

Agree with that

but the interference was so minimal i don't think Criquette Head could even believe the result
I Thought she was so classy after the race and said it how it was and as she said best horse on day won but her
horse has major improvement to come Full Mast looked a bit one paced think he needed a mile could be a
star next season do you not think the Prix Du Jockey Club will be right up his street next year Matt
have not looked at his pedigree though but looked like he needs further than 7 already

Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:51 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

simpleminds wrote:
keithbeaky wrote:
Treve and Taghroodha should have been retired before the Arc.

That's one statement Matt I think you like to forget :lol:

Gray

Haha. I was taking the P.

Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:18 am
Group 1 winner

Yes proper racing starts this week, the start of the jumps. If u are as old as me then the first week in October is Chepstow and was always the first jumps meeting on the BBC, with the big race of the day was the Mercedes Benz Chase. I miss those good old days. :oops:

Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:26 pm
Group 1 winner

Pricey wrote:
keithbeaky wrote:

I bet their owners are glad they didn't 1st and 3rd.

Some great performances today, my only moan was what in earth was Dettori doing on Wow Signal?! First attempt at a new trip and he sets a ridiculous pace out front.

Treve winning tips a nice hat the way of my favourite flat horse The Fugue. How good would she have been today with her turn of foot on good ground.

Why not ride the horse positively? The horse will either stay or it won't. Better to be near the front than at the back if the chances of it staying on at the end are unknown.

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
keithbeaky wrote:

Treve won that incredibly easily
Tag Ran a stormer draw was tough on her
Kingston Hill put in a stunning performance IMO

KH ran well, possibility for the top 1m4 races next year. Tagroodah perhaps hasn't improved quite enough since Ascot to overcome the weight change, but still a good run. Unbelievable from Treve, still can't believe it. I still don't think she was below par early in the season, she was beaten narrowly by a very good horse in CDA and the Fugue was a good filly as well.

Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:36 pm
Handicapper

ghostzapper74 wrote:
Yes proper racing starts this week, the start of the jumps. If u are as old as me then the first week in October is Chepstow and was always the first jumps meeting on the BBC, with the big race of the day was the Mercedes Benz Chase. I miss those good old days. :oops:

I completely agree, N Twiston Davies and C Llewellyn were always the men i followed on this day, NTD is still one to follow in the early season, he's cute enough to know most other trainers are a bit behind at this stage.

Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:29 pm
Group 1 winner

johnny16dar wrote:
ghostzapper74 wrote:

I completely agree, N Twiston Davies and C Llewellyn were always the men i followed on this day, NTD is still one to follow in the early season, he's cute enough to know most other trainers are a bit behind at this stage.

And seeing what horses nicholls brings out, I always hope we get soft ground so the trainers let some of their better horses out.

Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:09 pm
Group 1 winner

YEA proper racing its like Football and Rugby all the money is in one but the real men like the other :lol: :lol:

Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:59 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Handicapper

How convenient they have retired Australia. They were scared to death of him being beaten again and i could see this happening when they ruled him out of the Arc. It's quite simple really that he was a good horse but not a great one because he never justified the hype and never went on to prove it. Just waiting for the next best horse they have trained nonsense to come out

Last edited by Frankel2012 on Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:40 am
Group 1 winner

I have to agree two weeks before another race it is likely he would have been beaten in just seems too convenient to be true

Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:42 am
Selling plater

https://www.thoroughbredracing.com/arti ... -year-olds

Spot on commentary.

what a waste of a Career. If Australia were as good as AOP said it's a shame we didn't see australia in the very best races. These things ruin the sport.

they breed and invest millions to find a top horse, but if they find one they retire him to stud asap. Whats the point? (I do know that australia might be injured, but it's a shame they didn't run him in the arc at least).)

Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:35 am
Group 1 winner

Unbelievable news! Treve stays in training

Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:08 pm
Group 1 winner

I often get to chat to the people behind the scenes at Ballydoyle and Coolmore
And i don't think he was the horse i was told he was.

Undoubtedly a top class racehorse but not the horse of a generation in saying that he was the best middle distance
horse Aidan has trained since High Chaparral in 2002

The injury was genuine 100% i was told on Tuesday War Command had retired to stud & was already at Coolmore
& this story was being held back to be revealed on the morning line Then the vet said that Australia had no chance of
being ready for Ascot so they pulled the plug.

For me missing the Arc was the wrong decision still cant get my head round it

He will be hugely popular at Coolmore with breeders here they are already forming a queue.

Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:42 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210  Next