View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Pennsylvania Derby & Cotillion Stakes 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Pennsylvania Derby & Cotillion Stakes
I just gots to give my opinion on Sweet Reason. I absolutely loved her as a 2yo. Her first two races were like none I've seen before. Then from the third start on she hasn't progressed figures wise. Bred to go long she has since shortened her distances to become effective. Going shorter in each of her last three races. Look at her two races longer than a mile and she has run her two worst races. If I were to guess that something happened to her it was in the Frizette where she swerved in sharply at the break. She hasn't looked the same to me since then. Judging by her breeding and her wins - she is more Mt. Livermore than Street Sense. Which means 7 furlongs is her optimum distance.

Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:08 pm
Group 1 winner

SiriusChill wrote:
I just gots to give my opinion on Sweet Reason. I absolutely loved her as a 2yo. Her first two races were like none I've seen before. Then from the third start on she hasn't progressed figures wise. Bred to go long she has since shortened her distances to become effective. Going shorter in each of her last three races. Look at her two races longer than a mile and she has run her two worst races. If I were to guess that something happened to her it was in the Frizette where she swerved in sharply at the break. She hasn't looked the same to me since then. Judging by her breeding and her wins - she is more Mt. Livermore than Street Sense. Which means 7 furlongs is her optimum distance.

I think u can come up with reason why she's been beaten.

I think she bounced like a rubber ball after the spinaway, she got beat at the breeders cup but travelling from the east coast to the west coast is tough and going into the meet everyone said it would be tough for them and it must be double tough for two year olds. I think she was not right after the Gazelle and that was why she was of for a couple months. I still think she's improving and we will find out how good she is.

The race I'm looking forward to is Fast Anna in the Gallant Bob, I hope she's over her tough last race. I loved her mum Dreaming of Anna.

Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:46 pm
Group 1 winner

Pace is holding up today so the Fav's got no reason not to show their best. Hold up horses look like they have little chance.

Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:30 pm
Group 1 winner

Just seen a fantastic 2yo at Santa Anita, his name is Punctuate and looks to be one to follow.

When I was looking through the Card I noticed Punctuate because I saw his mum was Peppers Pride( unbeaten New Mexico bred), I loved following her in the New Mexico racing state. I think it might be her first horse and he looks a quality race horse and has the looks to go with it and only cost 300,000. Perhaps one to keep a eye on for the breeders cup.

I see Rachael's and Zenyatta first off spring are not far of from running.

Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2