View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Please Retire Sacre 
Group 1 winner

Post Please Retire Sacre
I don't want him going down the Denman route.

People will say he will get better just like denman but when the greatness goes it goes for good. I think denman was about 14 pounds below his best when he came back and perhaps it will be the same for Sacre.

Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:10 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Please Retire Sacre
also like when big bucks came back

but tbh i saw alot of positives for him today

Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:25 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
also like when big bucks came back

but tbh i saw alot of positives for him today

There was one thing I didn't like before the race and that he was sweating up, denman seemed to be like that after he came back. I'm not sure why but that stuck out.

Sacre and Denman were just outstanding jumpers before but denman's jumping was never the same and I didn't think Sacre jumped as good today. And both were outstanding travellers in races and Sacre was less so today.

They probably will go to Cheltenham with him but I've think we've seen the best and I don't want it to go the same way as denman.

Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:40 pm
Handicapper

ghostzapper74 wrote:

People will say he will get better just like denman but when the greatness goes it goes for good. I think denman was about 14 pounds below his best when he came back and perhaps it will be the same for Sacre.

Surely not ghostzapper74. You weren't expecting him to win after a year off with all sorts of health implications, did you?

Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:56 pm
Group 1 winner

robsonaa wrote:
ghostzapper74 wrote:

Surely not ghostzapper74. You weren't expecting him to win after a year off with all sorts of health implications, did you?

Great horses do great things, I think horses can come back from leg problems but heart problems are a totally different beast. I see he bleed in that race and they said it didn't affect him and it's not a problem but healthy horses don't bleed for nothing. I think it's better to retire a horse one race to soon than one race to late. I've seen a few of my fav two milers go out punch drunk, Barnbrook Again, Pearlyman, and Henderson's Remitance Man. I think the genuine 2 mile chasers seem to hit the wall a lot quicker than the stayers, it seem's to take more out of them physically and mentally.

Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:32 pm
Handicapper

As good as he is.. nobody with real knowledge of racing thought he was going to win today. He will head straight to the champion chase (health dependant) and that's when we will see if he is back to best. Nicky Henderson said before the race that it wasn't about the Clarence house, it was about giving him a race, looking after him and nurturing him in closing stages. He is still the same horse he was only he got tired in closing stages which he's entitled to after 1 year off! Quite unbelievable that you want him retired after one VERY RESPECTABLE RUN.

Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:11 am
Group 1 winner

robsonaa wrote:
As good as he is.. nobody with real knowledge of racing thought he was going to win today. He will head straight to the champion chase (health dependant) and that's when we will see if he is back to best. Nicky Henderson said before the race that it wasn't about the Clarence house, it was about giving him a race, looking after him and nurturing him in closing stages. He is still the same horse he was only he got tired in closing stages which he's entitled to after 1 year off! Quite unbelievable that you want him retired after one VERY RESPECTABLE RUN.

First of I hope u going to report Henderson to the BHA for non triers because u said he was just running him for fun, all horses are suppose to run on their merit's. Secondly how was it that he started favourite, if everyone knew he wasn't going to win then no one would have touched him and he would have started 100-1. :roll: . He's going straight to Cheltenham but it's health dependent, what got doubt's on that score have u.
After Denman was beaten in his comeback( I hated every second of that race) to a horse he would have beaten in his sleep Madison and it was painful watching him there after because u knew it was not the real horse. I've been watching racing since 1985 and the sport is full of top class horses trying to beat the injury bug and never really getting it back what they had.
I don't class it fun when they comeback and u can tell they not the horse they once was, I find it painful. I've never heard a trainer say that their horse has lost it before a comeback and they will never say it after the first race, they will always say he wasn't 100% fit and he's going to get better and over the next few weeks we will hear the trainers say's he's improved from the run and he's getting back to his best and 9 times out 10 that never happens . Usually it will take the trainer 2 or 3 run's to find out that the old warrior doesn't have what it once had.
I'd say he ran a bit better than Big Bucks did on his comeback and his camp said all was well but we knew what happened at the festival and if the same thing happens at this festival then it's time to let the horse have a happy retirement.

Perhaps the horse just has enough ability to win the champion but I doubt it.

BTW after u first line I will doubt anything u got to say ever again :roll: :lol:

Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:30 am
Handicapper

Absolutely not. There is a difference between not trying and nurturing.. something which you obviously can't differ. Secondly, read your second sentence again. How can you say you have knowledge of horse racing?!

Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:19 pm
Group 2 winner

Three questions:

What do you do for a living Robson?

Do you work in racing?

How old are you?

Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:19 pm
Handicapper

Here's the answer: Nothing to do with you.

Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:25 pm
Group 1 winner

Teleprompter you should know by now that comments like that are not tolerated on the forum. Please refrain from making remarks like this or you will be temporarily banned from the forum.

Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:03 pm
Group 2 winner

SuperCat wrote:
Teleprompter you should know by now that comments like that are not tolerated on the forum. Please refrain from making remarks like this or you will be temporarily banned from the forum.

Will just ignore him from now on.

Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:05 pm
Group 1 winner

Teleprompter wrote:
SuperCat wrote:

Thanks Tele I didn't know there was one in here. :D

Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:20 pm
Group 1 winner

Teleprompter wrote:
SuperCat wrote:

Good, if it works for you it works for me and I'm sure it'll work for Robsonaa too.

Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:32 pm
Handicapper

SuperCat wrote:
Teleprompter wrote:
SuperCat wrote:

Good, if it works for you it works for me and I'm sure it'll work for Robsonaa too.

Sure does, have a good evening Supercat.

Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next