View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Please Retire Sacre 
Handicapper

Post Re: Please Retire Sacre
How do I put someone on ignore list please?

Bill

Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:23 pm
Group 2 winner

Bill Seiko wrote:
How do I put someone on ignore list please?

Bill

User control panel

Friends or Foes

Manage Foes

Type in foes user name (Has to be exact)

Submit

Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:31 pm
Handicapper

Thanks, I am never too old to learn lol.

Bill

Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:09 pm
Group 2 winner

Bill Seiko wrote:
Thanks, I am never too old to learn lol.

Bill

Us old uns should stick together Bill.

Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:18 pm
Group 2 winner

I think its admirable what Henderson is trying to do, the racing public love a superstar and right now one of the very best is Sprinter Sacre. It's almost as if Henderson is planning the fairytale perfectly. The horse of a lifetime has a heart problem, he may never run again but is somehow slowly brought back after a year off. He then gets beat on his comeback but shows more than enough to prove he could be the same horse again. At Cheltenham he brings the house down by winning the Champion Chase for a second time before retiring him safe and sound, what a day that would be!

Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:26 am
Group 1 winner

Pricey wrote:
I think its admirable what Henderson is trying to do, the racing public love a superstar and right now one of the very best is Sprinter Sacre. It's almost as if Henderson is planning the fairytale perfectly. The horse of a lifetime has a heart problem, he may never run again but is somehow slowly brought back after a year off. He then gets beat on his comeback but shows more than enough to prove he could be the same horse again. At Cheltenham he brings the house down by winning the Champion Chase for a second time before retiring him safe and sound, what a day that would be!

They wouldn't retire him though would they? Though I think he could win the Champion Chase, despite his run on Saturday, no doubt they'll want to go to Punchestown and then see if he can win a 3rd one next season. I think people will be too greedy to do what you suggested with him. But I agree it would be a great story and a great day.

Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:09 am
Group 1 winner

I have to agree with Ghost. Just like when he said Treve and Taghrooda should have been retired before the Arc last year. What were connections thinking?

Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:18 am
Group 1 winner

ghostzapper74 wrote:
robsonaa wrote:
As good as he is.. nobody with real knowledge of racing thought he was going to win today. He will head straight to the champion chase (health dependant) and that's when we will see if he is back to best. Nicky Henderson said before the race that it wasn't about the Clarence house, it was about giving him a race, looking after him and nurturing him in closing stages. He is still the same horse he was only he got tired in closing stages which he's entitled to after 1 year off! Quite unbelievable that you want him retired after one VERY RESPECTABLE RUN.

First of I hope u going to report Henderson to the BHA for non triers because u said he was just running him for fun, all horses are suppose to run on their merit's. Secondly how was it that he started favourite, if everyone knew he wasn't going to win then no one would have touched him and he would have started 100-1. :roll: . He's going straight to Cheltenham but it's health dependent, what got doubt's on that score have u.
After Denman was beaten in his comeback( I hated every second of that race) to a horse he would have beaten in his sleep Madison and it was painful watching him there after because u knew it was not the real horse. I've been watching racing since 1985 and the sport is full of top class horses trying to beat the injury bug and never really getting it back what they had.
I don't class it fun when they comeback and u can tell they not the horse they once was, I find it painful. I've never heard a trainer say that their horse has lost it before a comeback and they will never say it after the first race, they will always say he wasn't 100% fit and he's going to get better and over the next few weeks we will hear the trainers say's he's improved from the run and he's getting back to his best and 9 times out 10 that never happens . Usually it will take the trainer 2 or 3 run's to find out that the old warrior doesn't have what it once had.
I'd say he ran a bit better than Big Bucks did on his comeback and his camp said all was well but we knew what happened at the festival and if the same thing happens at this festival then it's time to let the horse have a happy retirement.

Perhaps the horse just has enough ability to win the champion but I doubt it.

BTW after u first line I will doubt anything u got to say ever again :roll: :lol:

100/1?? How is that possible? I think every layer or decent punter thought if you were going to get him beat, Saturday was the day. But if you'd offered me 2/1 I would have taken it. Evens or slight shade of odds on was the right price.

He wasn't working that well up till December and since then he has been much better. The racecourse gallop was to get him jumping at pace and experience a day at the races again, not to get him fit. He will come on a lot for Saturday but if he is as good as he was we will have to wait to see. I have my doubts and im sure everyone does but I hope he wins the Champion by 10.

You seem to have an obsession with top horses being retired and have been wrong several times. They only really gave Big Bucks one real chance, the run in the World Hurdle, and after that correctly retired him. The horse came to no harm and connections thought it was right to give him that chance. Denman was never a flashy worker, most relentless gallopers aren't, so it was difficult to see how good he still was at home. I think it was worth taking the chance on the racecourse to see if he was. He wasn't and was duly retired.

Treve for a third Arc next year?

Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:26 am
Group 1 winner

And why didn't they retire Kauto Star after being beaten by Our Vic? What were they thinking!

Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:35 am
Handicapper

keithbeaky wrote:
ghostzapper74 wrote:
robsonaa wrote:
As good as he is.. nobody with real knowledge of racing thought he was going to win today. He will head straight to the champion chase (health dependant) and that's when we will see if he is back to best. Nicky Henderson said before the race that it wasn't about the Clarence house, it was about giving him a race, looking after him and nurturing him in closing stages. He is still the same horse he was only he got tired in closing stages which he's entitled to after 1 year off! Quite unbelievable that you want him retired after one VERY RESPECTABLE RUN.

First of I hope u going to report Henderson to the BHA for non triers because u said he was just running him for fun, all horses are suppose to run on their merit's. Secondly how was it that he started favourite, if everyone knew he wasn't going to win then no one would have touched him and he would have started 100-1. :roll: . He's going straight to Cheltenham but it's health dependent, what got doubt's on that score have u.
After Denman was beaten in his comeback( I hated every second of that race) to a horse he would have beaten in his sleep Madison and it was painful watching him there after because u knew it was not the real horse. I've been watching racing since 1985 and the sport is full of top class horses trying to beat the injury bug and never really getting it back what they had.
I don't class it fun when they comeback and u can tell they not the horse they once was, I find it painful. I've never heard a trainer say that their horse has lost it before a comeback and they will never say it after the first race, they will always say he wasn't 100% fit and he's going to get better and over the next few weeks we will hear the trainers say's he's improved from the run and he's getting back to his best and 9 times out 10 that never happens . Usually it will take the trainer 2 or 3 run's to find out that the old warrior doesn't have what it once had.
I'd say he ran a bit better than Big Bucks did on his comeback and his camp said all was well but we knew what happened at the festival and if the same thing happens at this festival then it's time to let the horse have a happy retirement.

Perhaps the horse just has enough ability to win the champion but I doubt it.

BTW after u first line I will doubt anything u got to say ever again :roll: :lol:

100/1?? How is that possible? I think every layer or decent punter thought if you were going to get him beat, Saturday was the day. But if you'd offered me 2/1 I would have taken it. Evens or slight shade of odds on was the right price.

He wasn't working that well up till December and since then he has been much better. The racecourse gallop was to get him jumping at pace and experience a day at the races again, not to get him fit. He will come on a lot for Saturday but if he is as good as he was we will have to wait to see. I have my doubts and im sure everyone does but I hope he wins the Champion by 10.

You seem to have an obsession with top horses being retired and have been wrong several times. They only really gave Big Bucks one real chance, the run in the World Hurdle, and after that correctly retired him. The horse came to no harm and connections thought it was right to give him that chance. Denman was never a flashy worker, most relentless gallopers aren't, so it was difficult to see how good he still was at home. I think it was worth taking the chance on the racecourse to see if he was. He wasn't and was duly retired.

Treve for a third Arc next year?

Agreed!

Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:03 pm
Group 3 winner

the mugs thought it was free money seeing evens, was an easy lay for the the bookies and they still backed it into 4/6

I thought they should have retired Treve as well to be honest, didnt look the same filly and probably still wasnt when she won a bad arc with a nice trip.

I wouldnt have two bob on Sacre or Sire De Grugy for Cheltenham, physically they have no chance.

Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:57 pm
Handicapper

DocHay wrote:
the mugs thought it was free money seeing evens, was an easy lay for the the bookies and they still backed it into 4/6

I thought they should have retired Treve as well to be honest, didnt look the same filly and probably still wasnt when she won a bad arc with a nice trip.

I wouldnt have two bob on Sacre or Sire De Grugy for Cheltenham, physically they have no chance.

They should of retired Treve? :lol:

Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:31 pm
Group 3 winner

I thought they should have at the time, got that wrong obviously, hilariously apparently. I was on her antepost but she won at a bigger price.

I thought she was the best filly since Zarkava and after Ascot and the Vermille I was convinced she wasnt the same filly, I thought they should have retired her after the Prince Of Wales, fair play the Head-Maarek for keeping the faith. I still dont believe ive seen the same filly who won the Prix De Diane and Arc the previous year, she lost that explosion but still high class.

Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:46 pm
Group 1 winner

I completely agree with Robsona and Keith, I don't understand how anyone can say Sprinter Sacre should be retired after that race, he hadn't raced for over a year, and he finished second in a grade one chase, after travelling brilliantly through the race and then getting tired, which he is very entitled to do after so long out. I think you will find that if Nicky Henderson thought he should be retired, he wouldn't be racing him again, as in the cases of Simonsig, Finians Rainbow and several more horses that have got injured for Nicky and never ran again. I don't understand Teleprompters comments about how old Robsona is because he is right, and Ghostzappers comments were utterly ridiculous. I think Sprinter Sacre will win, and win fairly easiy in the Champions Chase because even though I very much doubt he is the same horse as before the injury, he is still very very good as he showed in the Clarence House.

Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:07 pm
Group 1 winner

I said it then and I will say it Now, Please retire him.

It's sad but it's over.

And Qwsa, Henderson doesn't always know when to retire his best horses because his best 2m chaser before Sprinter was a horse called Remittance Man and it took him 3 races and 2 season's before he knew it was over.

Last edited by ghostzapper74 on Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next