View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Review of the weeks racingwin 
Group 2 winner

Post Review of the weeks racingwin
Hi All,

Going to start doing my review of the racing over the past week which will include England and Ireland.

First i'll start with racing on monday, not much to go on with the lose of Bangor so only the one jumps meeting and an all weather meeting from Wolves. But two horses really caught my eye starting with URBAN CASTLE for James Tate clearly improved for the step up to 1m 6f winning really impressively and could easily notch up a couple more wins if kept on the all weather. Secondly now onto the jumps meeting at exeter, with the horse being RISK A FINE for Phillip Hobbs winning by 12l in a maiden hurdle. The form might not be up to much but he's clearly improved for run 1 to 2.

A short favourite on wednesday by DESILVANO really impressed me at Catterick beating a decent horse quite easily just grounding him into the ground going to a good gallop all the way and there's more to come. He's got an entry in the albert bartlett at cheltenham.Two really caught my eye at Lingfield later in the day with the 1st being MR BOSSY BOOTS winning a handicap quite easy being keen early but finished with a good turn of pace late and Adam Kirby thinks he could make into a nice horse maybe being group class eventually. The 2nd horse was FRANCO'S SECRET he's far from a easy ride and needs to be produced on the line so he need to be patient but looking like he had no chance showed an electric turn of foot and won cosy.

A typical competitive days racing on thursday and there's a few that caught my eye. First being THE TOURARD MAN winning the 3m 2f handicap hurdle at Warwick jumping well all the way and staying on well, looks to type to keep on progressing and there's surely another handicap or two in him. Probably one of the most impressive winners of the week must be DJAKADAM for willie mullins winning a competitive Thyestes handicap. Being in the fog and not seeing a whole deal but winning by 8l so a demolion job and turning into a real Gold Cup horse.
Fo
Friday started with an impressive win for the quirky DAYS OF HEAVEN beating the highly rated BUCKWEAT of john ferguson really easy without coming of the bridle.

Not the real racing starts this weekend and it hard not to be impressed with PEACE AND CO being held up in a extremely slowly run race he jumped really well and cruised into the lead going to the last and still being green finished the race of well winning easy. Fair to say its going to take an extremely good horse to beat it in the truimph hurdle. For me constantly knocking MANY CLOUDS he keeps proving me wrong with winning the argento well on saturday winning well against a decent field although i do think he needs soft ground and wont win the gold cup as he will be took of his feet. Although i do see him being a nice grand national horse in the future similar to BALLABRIGGS

Now on sunday with a great card at leopardstown and it was hard not to be impressed with the might UN DE SEAUX beating two grade 1 winners really easy with a fine front running display. This performance has bookmakers cutting him to Evens money for the arkle. Although he has a few questions to answer with the likelyhood of good ground and cheltenham its self but i wouldn't be putting anyone off after that display. Moving on further through the card OUTLANDER was an impressive winner of the 2m 4f Grade 2 novices hurdle travelling on the bit approaching the last and winning by 3 and a half length. He now looks bound to the neptune at cheltenham although there were several horses dissapointing the form maybe suspect at this stage. For me the next horse must be the unluckiest loser of the week. Although i am talking out of my pocket slighty. HEATHFIELD looks a well handicapped horse and is a sure next time winner in a suitable race. Held up by walsh jumping well he got into a ding dong battle with Bryan Cooper. Being beaten by a head promped Walsh to call an objection as Cooper had whipped HEATHFIELD twice on the nose so being beaten by so small a margin it was dissapointing not be overturned.

After all this it would have been impossible not to finish on the win of Hurricane Fly. Yes Jezki made a massive mistake at the last but hurricane fly may have just started to be getting on top after looking beat going down the back straight. A heart warming win for a legend of a horse. Although i do think he can't win the champion hurdle. He'll just get took of his feet on quick ground against the likes of the new one and faugheen.

Suretime winner next time - HEATHFIELD
Most impressive winner - UN DE SEAUX
Horse for the future - URBAN CASTLE and DJAKADAM

All just my opinions. Hope you like it.

Also like to hear what you think.

Thanks Peter

Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:27 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Review of the weeks racingwin
great read cheers

Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:01 pm
Profile WWW