View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Meydan racing 
Group 2 winner

Post Re: Meydan racing
1.10 Farmah - win 10/3
1.45 Banaadeer - e/w 14/1
2.20 Tamarkuz - win banker 11/10

Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:18 pm
Selling plater

Im gonna go on Heavy Metal, for a surprise (35/1 In france)

Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:19 pm
Group 2 winner

Wolves tomorrow

6.45 Mukhmal - been gelded over the winter, 2nd in listed company to Beacon, 4th in G3, running in conditions race this time, front runner perfect draw (1), hoping he can run them off there hoofs tomorrow. 15/2 - No where near good enough

7.45 Zaaneh - 1 of late Aqlaam's crop, unraced filly trained by W. Haggas, Sample is the 1 to beat but Zaaneh should beat her. 3/1 - Ran to green but stayed on well to get 2nd

Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:10 pm
Group 2 winner

Tamarkuz - Godolphin Mile 13/8
Almoonqith - Dubai Gold Cup 8/1
Hokko Tarurae - World Cup 12/1
Mshawish - Dubai Turf 7/1

Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:50 am
Group 1 winner

I'm having a double on

Secret Circle+ Chrome

Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:08 pm
Group 1 winner

Chrome did a fine piece of work other day

Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:29 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
Chrome did a fine piece of work other day

If he runs like he did last time out then he wins easily the only thing that could stop him is the lack of Lasix but I've never heard about him bleeding so that should be fine.

One horse I find interesting is Main Sequence because since he's been on Lasix he's been a different horse.

Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:51 pm
Group 2 winner

Is just me but does this years final meeting lack the real quality of previous years now its been switched to dirt, they switched to try and get more american horses over but i expected a lot more. Bring back Tapata...

Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:28 pm
Group 1 winner

PeterS94 wrote:
Is just me but does this years final meeting lack the real quality of previous years now its been switched to dirt, they switched to try and get more american horses over but i expected a lot more. Bring back Tapata...

I'm not sure that's true.

U got the best grass horse coming over in Main Sequence.
The second or third best dirt horse in Chrome.
And a top 3 sprinter in Secret Circle.

A problem Meydan will have from now on is that Keeneland has just gone back to dirt so the better dirt horses got races to run in there plus since the last Dirt World Cup they have a race in the US called the Charles Town Classic that is worth $1.5 million Dollars.

Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:52 pm
Group 1 winner

As much as I would love to see Chrome win the Dubai World Cup, I do not see it happening. California Chrome has not won on a speed biased track/race since early 3yo/late 2yo races (sidenote: If Bayern was in this race, Bayern would be my pick 100%, especially with what is a very strong speed bias). This track is very different than the Tapeta of years prior where stalkers and closers would do well. If he is able to overcome the bias, then probably a top 3 finish. Nonetheless, my bets go elsewhere. The two Japan runners intrigue me. Epiphaneia is a strong runner and is coming in with the highest Racing Post Rating. While solely a turf runner, I think the turf turn of foot will go well here. One thing about Epiphaneia is that he keeps a very linear lineup when running down the stretch. Instead of having the head jostle back and forth, it goes directly up and down, a sign of concentration and a will to the finish. Reminds me of Haskell winner Coil. As for Hokko Tarumae, this Japanese runner is 12 for 21 and has been very dominating on the dirt in Japan, winning his last race as the 1/100 favorite. Top dirt runner in Japan and has great pedigree. Plus his running style will help. One funny thing I noticed about Hokko Tarumae was that he runs very much like a quarter horse down the stretch, short, but fast, strides. Pretty interesting. My other pick falls to Prince Bishop. Probably would be higher than Epiphaneia (but below Hokko Tarumae) in my rankings if not for drawing the rail, this has run to two straight seconds at Meydan, and is mainly trained in Dubai. Runs strong late. My fear with him is that he is a mid-pack closer and that this speed bias will hurt him.

My Dubai World Cup Rankings:
1- Hokko Tarumae (MY PICK)
2- Epiphaneia (2nd Pick)
3- California Chrome
4- Prince Bishop (3rd Pick)
5- African Story
6- Lea
7- Candy Boy
8- Side Glance
9- Long River

Rest of the Day Picks:
Godolphin Mile: Sloane Avenue - Prayer For Relief
Dubai Gold Cup: Almoonqith - Bathyrhon
UAE Derby: Mubtahij - Sir Fever
Al Quoz Sprint: Ahtoug - Hototo
Dubai Golden Shaheen: Rich Tapestry - Salutos Amigos
Dubai Turf: The Grey Gatsby - Mshawish
Dubai Sheema Classic: Flintshire (Best Bet of the Day) - Main Sequence

Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:52 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Mj Chrome ran on a speed favouring race course last time and in the classic( Santa Anita), that course is speed favouring on big night racing. He got beaten by 1 and half lengths to the Best Race horse in the world, a very good horse in Hoppertunity was smashed in third . No one in this field would get any where near him( Shared Belief).

His last race was his best race of his career.

Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:14 pm
Group 1 winner

I'm not saying he hasn't raced on a speed favoring track, as you said he has in the last two times. What I am saying is that he hasn't won on a speed favoring track. He runs well, but doesn't win. He was ran past easily by Shared Belief, the best horse in the world. He failed to stay his last race though. However, he wasn't truly tested by anyone early. It was basically a three horse race. The Classic is hard to judge as Shared Belief was gone at the start and Bayern got an advantage from that. The Dubai World Cup is completely different. It is not a three horse race at all. The speed will be tested and those at the front will struggle to keep up. If Chrome wins, good for him. I just can't see it. This field is as competitive if not more competitive than the one he faced in the Classic. He also hasn't won on dirt since the Preakness. I am very iffy on how he will run against a tough tough tough field.

Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:19 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

mjtags11 wrote:
I'm not saying he hasn't raced on a speed favoring track, as you said he has in the last two times. What I am saying is that he hasn't won on a speed favoring track. He runs well, but doesn't win. He was ran past easily by Shared Belief, the best horse in the world. He failed to stay his last race though. However, he wasn't truly tested by anyone early. It was basically a three horse race. The Classic is hard to judge as Shared Belief was gone at the start and Bayern got an advantage from that. The Dubai World Cup is completely different. It is not a three horse race at all. The speed will be tested and those at the front will struggle to keep up. If Chrome wins, good for him. I just can't see it. This field is as competitive if not more competitive than the one he faced in the Classic. He also hasn't won on dirt since the Preakness. I am very iffy on how he will run against a tough tough tough field.

I think it will be a US 1-2-3

1 Chrome
2 Lea
3 Candy Boy

Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3