View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Review of the weeks racing 
Group 2 winner

Post Review of the weeks racing
Hi All,

Here's my review over the past week from England,Ireland and Meydan.

A normal days racing on monday but with godolphin sending more and more horses out over the winter we saw a progressive horse which caught my eye. Only a 0-75 class 5 at wolverhampton but Charlie Appleby sent out a nice progressive horse called MONEIN. Off a mark of 74 held up in a slowely run race ran out a 1/2l winner despite being slighty still green and getting hampered. With only the short winning margin he'll only go up a couple of pounds and should win next time. The second horse AUSTIN FRIARS has clearly improved for gelding and blinkers and should be winning soon. Another horse who impressed me was ONE FOR THE GUV'NR who ran out an easy winner despite making several mistakes but he beat a good yardstick in SEVEN NATION ARMY. He shown good form on his hurdle debut coming against a good horse of Joe Tizzard but could be one for handicaps later in the season.

With a few meetings on wednesday there was plenty to be looking at but ALGERNON PAZHAM for Nigel Twiston-Davies really caught my eye winning nicely on his chase debut jumping well all the way round and moving clear by 7l beating a decent field. He's also highly rated by the trainer so could be a progressive horse. FASCIANO RUSTICO ran out a really nice winner beating a decent horse of John Ferguson's and looks a live betfair hurdle contender and infact is my anti post bet for the race. Although the one horse that has really caught my eye is the Saeed Bin Suroor gelding GREATEST JOURNEY . The son of Ravens Pass has a real all weather pedigree and is surely a group horse on the all weather. He ran out an easy 2l winner setting a real fast pace and just getting tired late but that was down to the electric pace he set.Winning off 89 he'll surely go up to 100 so should have to step up in class next time.

The first horse that won well on thursday was Ben Paulings ASSIREM having his first run for the trainer and first run in a handicap he was very well backed into 13/8 favourite and won by 11l. He'd got multiply possibly enteries under a penalty and looks the kind of horse to notch up a couple of quick wins. Being a massive fan of Meydan i have two horses that impressed me and think could win further at the festivle. The 1st being the Mike De Kock training VERCINGETORIX a group 1 winner he easily set a side the talented TRUE STORY and won without being extended. He's a main contender for the Dubai Duty Free on the big night. The next is HUNTER'S LIGHT he also ran out a easy winner although at a lower standard winning a handicap but he won despite travelling wide all the way but he is also a group 1 winner in a handicap for the 1st time since 2011. He is due to run in a couple of weeks in a listed.

A poor day's racing for a Friday but LE ROUQUIN ran out a nice winner at Lingfield under the penalty and might find another little race somewhere in the near future although he could be kept for the turf from what Jamie Spencer said.

Two horses impressed me at Sandown, the first being JOLLYALTON despite jumping poorly to only getting beat off a hardy 150 rated handicapper is a really good run. So effectively he's ran to a rating of around 150 which should make him run close in the supreme novices hurdle. The next being LE REVE which clearly loves Sandown winning there twice and finished 2nd the other time ran out a really easy winner travelling really well and will surely be aimed at the 3m 5f race there at the end of the season. Onto Lingfield and an easy winner of the 7f maiden was Charlie Appleby's filly MIDDLE ENGLAND. Raced just off the lead and drew clear easy. Got a nice pedigree so should be room for improvement after a nice debut behind a nice horse of John Gosden's.

Finishing with sunday. The 1st horse was RETRIEVE a nice ex flat horse who needs good ground and beat a decent field off a nice low weight and will be still a well handicapped horse who will sure to win more races in the future. The next horse is DAWALAN another who needs good ground but a summer breathing op and a step up in distance from 2miles has really transformed the horse and is sure to be aimed at the pertemps at cheltenham, going in with a decent chance. Another Godolphin horse but they really are senting out some impressive winners this winter and the next is WANTING. Running out a well fancied winner going off evens money on debut and winning with ease. Adam Kirby looking around with 2f to go and winning by 2 1/2length eased. Finally ill finish with a horse at Punchestown a trainer with an incredible record in winning bumpers. Him being Gordan Elliott and this horse won by a massive 22l with a Willie Mullins horse finishing 2nd and he doesnt have many poor horses. The horse is GENERAL PRINCIPLE.

Suretime winner next time - ASSIREM
Most impressive winner - GREATEST JOURNEY / VERCINGETORIX
Horse for the future - GENERAL PRINCIPLE / ALGERNON PAZHAM

Just all my opinions.

Like to hear yours.

Thanks Peter.

Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:19 pm
Selling plater

Post Re: Review of the weeks racing
Nice read from write here. I'd have to say that this is very well written.

Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:36 pm
Group 1 winner

good read as usual

Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:42 pm
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

Cracking read, thanks for sharing.

Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:43 pm
Group 2 winner

Thanks guys, good to know its worth while doing this.

Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]