View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 10:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 World Hurdle Anti Post.. 
Group 2 winner

Post Re: World Hurdle Anti Post..
She should of gone for the Champion last year and may well have won it.
That was a decision made by Willie and Ruby and not by the owners.
Unfortunately that boat has sailed now and we will never know what she was capable of, much like Quevega and her absence from the stayers hurdle.
Races like the Mares and the Ryanair are diluting the other races and depriving the public of seeing the best race against each other.

Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:42 pm
Group 1 winner

robsonaa wrote:
keithbeaky wrote:
Without the injury she'd have run in the Champion and gone close. If she's well enough in the mares it's how far.

I see it's a grade 1 from this year!!!

PS Great interview with Mullins re Cheltenham - he says "connections have chosen this race" several times. :wink:

So why did you say he would rather go for a grade 1 next year with AP?

Have five minutes off ffs

Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:13 pm
Group 1 winner

Pommard wrote:
She should of gone for the Champion last year and may well have won it.
That was a decision made by Willie and Ruby and not by the owners.
Unfortunately that boat has sailed now and we will never know what she was capable of, much like Quevega and her absence from the stayers hurdle.
Races like the Mares and the Ryanair are diluting the other races and depriving the public of seeing the best race against each other.

I believe it was a favour to Mullins so Quevega could win the race again. Annie would have won by 10 pulling up.

Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:16 pm
Handicapper

keithbeaky wrote:
robsonaa wrote:
keithbeaky wrote:
Without the injury she'd have run in the Champion and gone close. If she's well enough in the mares it's how far.

I see it's a grade 1 from this year!!!

PS Great interview with Mullins re Cheltenham - he says "connections have chosen this race" several times. :wink:

So why did you say he would rather go for a grade 1 next year with AP?

Have five minutes off ffs

It's a grade 1.........

Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:43 pm
Group 1 winner

You're a grade 1 tool. You'd go your whole career unbeaten.

Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:45 pm
Handicapper

keithbeaky wrote:
You're a grade 1 tool. You'd go your whole career unbeaten.

Tool?

Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Group 2 winner

Keithbeaky... Why do always go on the attack when your proven wrong by someone.. Seen it multiply times. Really big of you doing it on a forum.

Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:50 pm
Group 1 winner

Proven wrong? Normal people would just say the mares is a grade1 this year. I simply meant they might go for the champion or arkle next year. I was not aware the mares had been upgraded, call the police! It's not even what I was talking about.

He's pedantic and boring to the point where it becomes irritating.

As I said early on in his posting this forum is a magnet for
people like that.

Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:31 am
Group 1 winner

Back on topic now please (again!)

I have to say 'Beaky I read that grade 1 comment as "She'd have a better chance running in the World/Champion without injury and with a decent prep run, in a grade 1" i.e. her prep run should be in a grade 1. I probably misunderstood though.

Anyway, back to World Hurdle ante post rather than school playground squabbling over who likes who the most...

Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:45 am
Group 1 winner

I know English isn't a first language for some of you, so maybe it gets lost in translation.

My point was Annie would go for the easier race with the prep she's had. She wouldn't have run in the world hurdle anyway. She'll go chasing next year and win the arkle

Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:47 am
Handicapper

keithbeaky wrote:
Proven wrong? Normal people would just say the mares is a grade1 this year. I simply meant they might go for the champion or arkle next year. I was not aware the mares had been upgraded, call the police! It's not even what I was talking about.

people like that.

Yes, you were proven wrong. I did just say it is a grade 1? Not pedantic, the idea of a forum is to share opinions, right?

To be honest you are the boring one.

Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:29 am
Group 1 winner

robsonaa wrote:
keithbeaky wrote:

people like that.

Yes, you were proven wrong. I did just say it is a grade 1? Not pedantic, the idea of a forum is to share opinions, right?

Enough. If you can't get back on topic the thread will be locked and deleted which will be a shame for PeterS who put a lot of effort into his opinions on the first page.

Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:33 am
Handicapper

SuperCat wrote:
robsonaa wrote:
keithbeaky wrote:

people like that.

Enough. If you can't get back on topic the thread will be locked and deleted which will be a shame for PeterS who put a lot of effort into his opinions on the first page.

I agree that this thread is for the world hurdle but i'm entitled to reply to that post.

Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:52 am
Group 1 winner

Best not to, it's easy enough to lock it and just as easy to delete it. There's no point getting into these slanging matches on here, it's best to just ignore and move on.

Arguing over opinions on horses is interesting, arguing over semantics, as is always the case, isn't. It's very boring now. You have all had enough warning, I will just lock the threads which descend like this one has in the future.

Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:22 am
Handicapper

SuperCat wrote:
Best not to, it's easy enough to lock it and just as easy to delete it. There's no point getting into these slanging matches on here, it's best to just ignore and move on.

Arguing over opinions on horses is interesting, arguing over semantics, as is always the case, isn't. It's very boring now. You have all had enough warning, I will just lock the threads which descend like this one has in the future.

Will do.

Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next