View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Channel 4 Racing & The Morning Line 
Handicapper

Post Channel 4 Racing & The Morning Line
What is your opinion on C4 and TML? Do you watch the programme? Do you find it better than Highflyer? Who do you want to see presenting the Grand National? If you dont like the current presenters who would you bring back or introduce to c4?

Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:38 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Channel 4 Racing & The Morning Line
I watch it every week i do enjoy it but the only person i ever listen to is Jim McGrath but have noticed his appearances
are dwindling away i Miss Francome & fat al who is a brilliant Journalist Miss JM for the controversial value but notice they get
that tool Geoff Banks on to try and fill the gap i really dislike him he talks total rubbish.

Dont particularly care for Nick Luck but then again dont dislike him i think Graham Cunningham is a ok addition.

All in all its a good show but for tips its brutal.

Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:08 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
I watch it every week i do enjoy it but the only person i ever listen to is Jim McGrath but have noticed his appearances
are dwindling away i Miss Francome & fat al who is a brilliant Journalist Miss JM for the controversial value but notice they get
that tool Geoff Banks on to try and fill the gap i really dislike him he talks total rubbish.

Dont particularly care for Nick Luck but then again dont dislike him i think Graham Cunningham is a ok addition.

Thank you, I agree with Geoff Banks! How he gets on there I have no idea. I dont mind Graham, Jim is great, Don't like Gina- I dont think she is a presenter. Who would you like to see presenting the grand national?

Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:22 pm
Group 1 winner

robsonaa wrote:
pjrhodes1970 wrote:

Thank you, I agree with Geoff Banks! How he gets on there I have no idea. I dont mind Graham, Jim is great, Don't like Gina- I dont think she is a presenter. Who would you like to see presenting the grand national?

Chappers love him

Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:24 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Really!!?? Surely not?

Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:26 pm
Group 1 winner

think he is brilliant

guess he is like Marmite love him or hate him

had a beer with him & Paddy Power in Monaghan at Cheltenham Preview night few years back nice lads good craic

Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:36 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Might be good on a friday night in a pub but no good for terrestrial television.

Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:40 pm
Group 1 winner

If the same racing is on ATR and 4 I will always have ATR on, I think 4 has gone to the dogs. They are all bland robots. I'm with Paul in that I love Chappers and his personality. I also liked when JM + Francome was together they feed of each other and I like fat al because he brought something to the ring.

Channel 4 went down the Racing Uk way of racing, bland and boring. I hate Luck and his stick, I hate him on breeders Cup coverage( the US much love him) pompous Douchebag. I never have the volume up until the race comes on.

Racing UK has no fun, I like Weaver Shark and Luke on Fridays but that would be forbidden on the other channels, racing is suppose to be fun.

Please don't get me started on the Grand National Coverage, it's God awful. :cry:

Last edited by ghostzapper74 on Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:13 pm
Handicapper

Im not a fan of chappers. Didnt like Fat Al, someone who nobody has mentioned yet is Derek Thompson - He is the most exciting and enthusiastic person within racing and is just what C4 needs, I doubt they will bring any of the old team back unless IMG gets taken over by Highflyer again but cant't see that happening, who do you want presenting the grand national?

Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:17 pm
Group 1 winner

robsonaa wrote:
Im not a fan of chappers. Didnt like Fat Al, someone who nobody has mentioned yet is Derek Thompson - He is the most exciting and enthusiastic person within racing and is just what C4 needs, I doubt they will bring any of the old team back unless IMG gets taken over by Highflyer again but cant't see that happening, who do you want presenting the grand national?

Derek's a 1000 times better than Rishi, another one that does nothing for me.

I tell u who I want presenting the Grand National and that is the BBC.

Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:23 pm
Handicapper

Not going to happen unfortunately. Which presenter/s?

Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:25 pm
Group 1 winner

robsonaa wrote:
pjrhodes1970 wrote:

I'm with u in that I want less Gina( no personality) perfect for 4 and more of my Fav Zoey Bird who always seems to smile and seems to enjoy it( though she's on less than she use to be).

Instead of listening to anything 4 say's I prefer to listen to timeform radio.

Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:40 pm
Group 1 winner

Who is fat Al?

Anyone from the channel 4 team who does the betting has no idea at all. Banks is knowledge, just a moron.

Nick Luck is intelligent and asks good questions.

Thommo clueless and awful commentator, though doesn't make as many mistakes as Cattermole. Hoiles and Holt lao them.

McGrath most knowledge by far, Fitzgerald awful.

I'm not sexist but the women are clueless. Emma Spencer is ok but hardly on.

Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:47 pm
Handicapper

keithbeaky wrote:
Who is fat Al?

Anyone who does the betting has no idea at all.

Nick Luck is intelligent and asks good questions.

Thommo clueless and awful commentator, though doesn't make as many mistakes as Cattermole. Hoiles and Holt lao them.

McGrath most knowledge by far, Fitzgerald awful.

Fat Al is Alistair Down, Nick Luck is good but would prefer Derek Thompson who by the way imo is not clueless. Richard Hoiles i dont like, Simon Holt is brilliant. Mick Fitz is good so is JMG.

Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:50 pm
Handicapper

Emma Spencer is ok, someone who i dont like is Gina Bryce - how she gets on telly i do not know.

Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next