View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Hakam 
Handicapper

Post Re: Hakam
Seriously, the colt was beaten a nose, what difference would have hitting him made? He was responding to everything Ryan asked of him.

As I said in my previous message, the point of the whip is to correct a horse. Correcting an inexperienced horse who may be hanging violently I have no objection to, but whipping a horse consistently on debut in order to win a race I have.

I'm sorry you feel like you've been 'robbed', that must be hard for you to deal with, but I stand by my assessment of the ride Ryan Moore gave the young, and talented, Hakam.

Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:45 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Hakam
I suppose this is the hazy grey area between having, owning and training horses and betting on them. A large owner won't care about the defeat and will see plenty to be positive about, a punter will be angry. A bit like some of the 'schooling' that goes on in the NH with bumper horses and novice hurdlers. It's a fine line.

We could do with more schooling races like France and Ireland so it shouldn't happen on the track.

Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2