View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Hakam 
Group 2 winner

Post Hakam
Feel like ive been robbed by that result, Moore clearly didnt throw everything at him, didnt use the whip and was clearly a dead heat. Terrible decision by the stewards.

Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:09 pm
Handicapper

Post Re: Hakam
PeterS94 wrote:
Feel like ive been robbed by that result, Moore clearly didnt throw everything at him, didnt use the whip and was clearly a dead heat. Terrible decision by the stewards.

What do you expect? He's having his first run and Ryan was keen not to go for the whip - rightly so, there would be no point going for the whip to ruin his career. He's entered in the 2000 Guineas, it's not all about today's race!

Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:16 pm
Group 2 winner

I'm sorry but it would only have taken 1 crack of the whip to win that, Thats hardly going to ruin a horses career.

Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:33 pm
Group 1 winner

Didnt see the race but have heard all about it and many not happy but if he really is a classic contender
(Which i doubt starting so early and at lingfield) then Ryan would have been told to look after him i must watch the race before
i comment one things for sure Ryan is not a hooky jockey

You could say the same about Sir Isaac Newton's debut some said Seami went way too easy on him but you can easily ruin a horse
IMO it was a kind ride and there are bigger days ahead in that case.

Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:40 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

U know what u get with Hamden's horses, use that whip to much and u might not get many more rides for him. I think Hanagan is a perfect fit for his horses.

Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:14 pm
Group 2 winner

The main that annoyed me was it only required 1, he didnt use it at all. In any case it was a dh.

Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:46 pm
Handicapper

PeterS94 wrote:
The main that annoyed me was it only required 1, he didnt use it at all. In any case it was a dh.

Why would you whip him? Only beat a nose?

Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:50 pm
Group 2 winner

A horse normally goes forward when whipped.

Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:17 pm
Handicapper

PeterS94 wrote:
A horse normally goes forward when whipped.

He was beat a nose. No need to pick the whip up, its not like he was 1 length behind.

Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:05 am
Group 2 winner

If you'd look what i said. He got beat a nose so 1 smack will have made the extra bit difference. Anyway im not her to argue, you are. Goodbye...

Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:02 am
Handicapper

PeterS94 wrote:
If you'd look what i said. He got beat a nose so 1 smack will have made the extra bit difference. Anyway im not her to argue, you are. Goodbye...

What a joke. What do you expect Ryan to do? Do you want him to think of you, "Oh I was told not to whip him but for Peter's sake i will do" Don't be silly, don't bet in maidens/novices' if you don't like the idea of a horse not being whipped.

Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:40 am
Handicapper

Hakam suffered a serious fracture to his knee last Summer having been showing up well during the Spring, so I am sure the main objective was to give the colt an enjoyable first experience and not subject him to a hard race given his injury last year.

Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:11 pm
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

Just dont understand you lot, is 1 slap of the whip giving the horse a hard race? Thats all it required.

Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:13 pm
Handicapper

The colt was running forward and doing so under his own steam, Ryan was riding him all the way down the straight, and given how close it was, I don't believe giving him a smack would have made one iota of difference.

The whip, apart from correcting a horse, is there to encourage a horse to run forward, but if your horse is running forward and trying their best what is the point in hitting them?

If I owned Hakam I would be delighted that Ryan has given my colt a good introduction without resorting to the whip. A horse should enjoy what they are doing, they shouldn't have it beaten into them. One of the rules I would put in place if I was in charge of racing is that no newcomer, be it a 2yo or 3yo, should have the whip used on them on debut. The BHA should start introducing 'hands and heels' maiden races.

Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:43 pm
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

Sorry but from what ive seen is most horses response to the whip and one crack would have made the difference to move forward quicker. You also say when a horse is running forward you shouldnt hit him which is a stupid comment considering the impact the whip has.

Now to the most stupid comment of all, considering how inexperienced 2yo's are you expect jockeys to not whip horses that might be running all the over the place risking their and other horses and jockeys health. Horses arent beaten with the new rules in place and it doesnt hurt them..

Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next