View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Performance of the week 

Top Performance Cheltenham 2015
Douvan 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Un De Sceaux 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Faugheen 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
Dodging Bullets 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Vautour 29%  29%  [ 4 ]
Cole Harden 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
Don Poli 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Peace and Co 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
Conigree 50%  50%  [ 7 ]
Uxizandre 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 14

Performance of the week 
Group 1 winner

Post Performance of the week
Performance of the week (There were many forgive me if i missed any only had 10 options)

Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:51 am
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

Post Re: Performance of the week
Vautour for me, although Coneygree was a very, very close 2nd.

Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:37 am
Group 1 winner

Coneygree For me a Novice winning the Gold Cup great performance Vautour was second choice but Coneygree bred by Lord Oakes always like him on the ITV Seven on world of sport on Saturdays now that's going back a bit :lol:

Gray

Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:46 am
Profile YIM WWW
Handicapper

It's really tough picking one from that list, they were all spectacular performances. The heart says Coneygree, but the head says Vautour. A case can be made for all of them though:

Douvan - Form may not be overly strong, but he did it really well for a horse who looks far from the finished article.
Un de Sceaux - Impressive and intelligent win in the Arkle. Showed he doesn't need to set off like a scalded cat and was sensible over the fences. I was impressed by the way he ran clear from the last when challenged.
Faugheen - Worthy of all the superlatives, he was awesome in the Champion Hurdle and nothing much else needs to be said.
Dodging Bullets - Improved all season and showed that he wasn't just making up the numbers in the Champion Chase, he won the race on merit. He deserved it.
Vautour - Just "wow". The way he jumped around was stunning. It was a really good field that he beat as well.
Cole Harden - Tough as nails. He did really well to maintain the gallop and then power up the hill from another good field. The trainer/jockey combination is going places.
Don Poli - It wouldn't have mattered which race he ran in, he would have still bolted up. He was lazy in the opening half, but once he came alive it was an impressive staying performance.
Peace and Co - Really ground the win out, which was made even more impressive by the fact he wasn't happy on the ground. Geraghty made a great ride and Peace And Co wanted that win.
Coneygree - Officially the best novice chaser of this century. He was brilliant, so quick over the fences. However, a lot of the opposition failed to run to their best in the race which casts a doubt over the true form, but it was a joy to watch.
Uxizandre - The final Festival winner for AP, and it was a great ride. He's been called some names, but he put up a really good performance in the Ryanair. He had the speed and jumping qualities to win from a quality field. He could even improve going back to 2 miles.

Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:14 pm
Handicapper

Has to be coneygree wins the gold cup on its fourth chase start and gains highest mark given to a novice the last century. Major achievement when you consider its not any of the "big boys" of the national hunt world. Vautour was the most visually impressive and granted a mark only 1lb below conegree so he deserves to be up there as well

Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:19 pm
Group 1 winner

Coney for me but Cole Harden ran a outstanding race.

Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:59 pm
Handicapper

I know this is a thread for the best winning performance from Cheltenham, but If In Doubt was a big eyecatcher in the RSA. Finished strongly from a long way back and almost grabbed fourth on the line. If he gets his act together with jumping, he could be a Scottish, Irish or Grand National sort next year.

Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:07 pm
Handicapper

While we are mentioning eye catchers Saint james in the Fred winter caught my eye. Don't think the jockey put the horse in the race but ran on well. Well worth a look on YouTube see what you think

Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:00 pm
Handicapper

As the poll shows the vautour and coneygree are obvious chooses but for me the performance of the week goes to peace and co, the way he found the gaps as he was checked in midfield then battled to the line which I reckon in time we will see the form work out really well, showed real class for such a young horse

Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]