View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 303 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next
 Flat discussion 
Group 2 winner

Post Re: Flat discussion
Yes Paul its Faydhan

What's doing my head in & it does every season, Sheikh Hamdan sending is horses to be trained by Godolphin & when they win Godolphin get all the glory & now he has sent some to be trained by Simon Chrisford, what's he ever done training wise

Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:46 pm
Group 1 winner

Paul what's going on with Joey is this the start of the jumps career and the end of the flat.

Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:51 am
Group 1 winner

ghostzapper74 wrote:
Paul what's going on with Joey is this the start of the jumps career and the end of the flat.

Story is that he is overweight right now but will be coming back soon
Ryan Moore to take more advanced role at Ballydoyle this year he will be flying back and forward alot more
Joey has been fighting a loosing battle last few seasons and its taken him til now to realize he cant win
so yes he will be doing both flat and jumps this summer. The O'Brien's have a Close relationship with
the McManus Family would not be surprised to see Joey as JP's Retained Jockey b4 too long rumors he could
ride Jezki at Punchestown

Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:02 am
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

I heard its coz he eats to many doughnuts, can't keep the weight down

Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:06 am
Group 1 winner

nashwan wrote:

For his height he is actually 2 stone under weight

Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:16 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
nashwan wrote:

For his height he is actually 2 stone under weight

I think he should be asking the cyclist's how to lose weight :wink:

Well I hope he makes it, when was the last time a flat ( good one) went jumping, I cant think of one.

Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:35 am
Group 1 winner

Looks like Faydhan will have 2 runs before the Guineas European Free Handicap & The Craven

Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:50 am
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

Unless he doesnt win handicap, you'd be suprised if he went to guineas after losing in the handicap. They obviously think very highly so it'd be a suprise if he gets beat.

Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:43 pm
Group 2 winner

Looks like Shadwell have a strong bunch of 3yo's for this season
Fayhdan, Fadhayyil, Zawraq, Nafqa, Fannaan & Algaith & that's just for starters
Like Matt says Yeeehaaa

Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:04 pm
Group 1 winner

very impressed with Zawraq

JFK was brutal

Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:25 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Aidan says that exact line every year "I thought he was fitter..." how on earth can he not know with all the gallops etc.

Is there a chance they run them when they're not quite ready/make them run poorly to get a decent price for the big race, he went out to 10s for the Derby yesterday which he'd supposedly been a cert to win... Or am I just being very cynical?

Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:42 am
Handicapper

Having watched the race yesterday I wouldn't write JKF off just yet, the winner took advantage of knowing that JKF might of needed the run and wasn't match fit. And when the winner went off like a lunatic Ryan Moore was never going to get involved. You could say good tactics by a jockey taking advantage of the situation.
Also if JKF had been trained by an average trainer there wouldn't of been all the hype around him anyway.
10/1 could know be a very good price?

Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:54 am
Handicapper

I have learnt to take everything O'Brien says with a pinch of salt. He is employed by businessmen after all, and their main objective is to make money.

The fitness thing is an interesting angle. I would imagine he has the horses all Winter, I doubt they go away anywhere, and he knows that these races come early, so saying the horse wasn't as fit as he would have liked him to be is a bit of a cop out.

To my mind, John F Kennedy was beaten far too early in the race, before fitness on that ground became an issue. It might just be a case of last year was his year, despite the reports of his mental immaturity. I guess we won't know until he runs again, but if it is in the Derrinstown I would fear for him up against Zawraq who doesn't seem to have any flaws at this stage.

Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:51 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Nasty Nas8 wrote:
I have learnt to take everything O'Brien says with a pinch of salt. He is employed by businessmen after all, and their main objective is to make money.

The fitness thing is an interesting angle. I would imagine he has the horses all Winter, I doubt they go away anywhere, and he knows that these races come early, so saying the horse wasn't as fit as he would have liked him to be is a bit of a cop out.

To my mind, John F Kennedy was beaten far too early in the race, before fitness on that ground became an issue. It might just be a case of last year was his year, despite the reports of his mental immaturity. I guess we won't know until he runs again, but if it is in the Derrinstown I would fear for him up against Zawraq who doesn't seem to have any flaws at this stage.

Not many G1's dished out in April

May and June is when it counts

what worries me more than the result is his temperament he lost it in the parade ring and going into the stalls
he clearly has serious issues with his temperament a quarter fit JFK should have beat what was in front of him yesterday

Also Rumpelstiltskin's seem to run poorly first time up his Full Sister Tapestry was tailed off in the Guineas
and she Turned out alright probably beat the best filly in Europe at York fair and square and i think there is alot
more to come from her.

There is a very high class horse in JFK trying to break out anyone who gives up on him off the back of that performance
would be foolish you just have to look at APOB's recent history he always starts at a snails pace but by May June things could
be very different.

Whatever anyone says it was a hugely disappointing performance yesterday you have to say it as you see it and that was
too bad to be true but they are not machines.

Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:44 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Horses are not machines, but unfortunately too many are still bigged up to be by fans and the media alike.

It may be a case that Ballydoyle want a Group 1 race in June more than a Derby trial in April, but you still need to have your horse fit enough to win them, unless of course you are disrespecting the opposition.

As I said, I don't believe fitness or ground cost him the race, I would side more with you regarding his temperament, or his ability. Simply put, if he is going to win a Derby, he should have been able to cope, or at least put up some sort of fight, with the two rivals he had in front of him yesterday. He did neither, and if temperament and immaturity is an issue I wouldn't fancy his chances at Epsom.

Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:20 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 303 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next