View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Kentucky Derby 2016 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Kentucky Derby 2016
I think I'm A Chatterbox is a nice horse, was a little unlucky in the Oaks and should make amends in the American Oaks. I think she's the best 3yo filly. The winner of the Oaks ran a shocker next time in the Delaware Oaks.

Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:48 pm
Group 1 winner

Nice pick in the Schuylerville!! And at a pretty nice price at 8-1. Good thing I took your advice and bet on her haha!

Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:47 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

mjtags11 wrote:
Nice pick in the Schuylerville!! And at a pretty nice price at 8-1. Good thing I took your advice and bet on her haha!

If only I was a betting man. :lol: I still cant get over that I didn't take the 16-1 AP for the derby :cry: :lol:

She's a nice horse and the best filly I've seen so far, will be interesting to see where she goes next. It's good when u watch a maiden and u think u've seen a nice horse. I like Tapit's and she should get further.

I was a little disappointed with Welcoming in the maiden, missed the break and was never in it until she ran on late. She should be better next time because I think Clement horses seem to get better with racing. Not sure how good the race was, time will tell if the first 2 are any good.

My favourite 2yo won last night a filly called Bootleggers Wife, she smashed the competition and is the best looking 2yo to run at Northlands in the twelve years I've been watching. She is by a very good Florida bred filly La Chica Sensual and perhaps Bootleggers is destine for bigger things.

Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:22 pm
Group 1 winner

The Sandford turned out to be one ugly race :?

The winner Magna Light looks like a head case.

Uncle Vinny looks like he will get better going longer.

The two Monmouth shippers ran really well, percolator looks like a sprinter but Awesome Slew looks like he wants to go longer and was closing in really well and is the horse I'd take out of the race.

Poor John Q Public was playing up before the start and he might be gone at the game already. :(

Site Read was a really impressive winner on the grass and it's the best performance I've seen by a colt on the grass. Might be a Breeders Cup Horse, will be interesting to see where they go next.

And in the Dirt Maiden I'd take out the runner up Greenpointcrusader who was running on real fast and should win a maiden next time out.

Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:11 pm
Group 1 winner

MJ if u read this by tonight who's going to win the big oaks race. No not the American Oaks at Saratoga but the Big Queen City Oaks at u Fav course Belterra.

Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:48 pm
Group 1 winner

Didn't get a chance to really look at the Queen City Oaks in detail but kinda disappointed with this field. Most of the big name Ohio 3yo fillies are at home. I would have loved a few horses based on pedigree if this was on turf, but I'll settle. Blame is going to be a very good turf sire and I love seeing Carson City on the dam side so Redstart is an Ohio horse to keep an eye on. I usually like Cory Orm but U Rock Robin doesn't seem like a good bet here. I see a lot of value in the horse on the rail, Dark Darling. I want to see what she can do extending. I'm surprised Zedonia is at 10/1. Great pedigree (AP Indy sire side, Distorted Humor Mare) and is routing now aftnow two straight good 6f races at Belterra. But the favorite Beth's Bling is deserving. Not because of the Santa Anita form but because of the Thistledown form. Throughout the whole year two tracks translated well, Tampa Bay and Thistledown. She is my top choice.
I'd play Beth's Bling on top with Dark Darling, Zedonia, and Lastofthe Moniqns (a very live horse here and has a big upset chance).
Still a disappointing field but prices can make the already nice paying exactas at Belterra Park even better.

Didn't get too much a chance to look at the race outside of this. Been racking homemade wine all morning.

Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:33 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Mj I don't know how long u been following racing but if u new look up Catlaunch the best Ohio bred I've seen, a absolute legend. I loved following him, a true star.

Last edited by ghostzapper74 on Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:52 pm
Group 1 winner

Haven't been following Ohio racing for too long, basically around 2 years now and only really started to follow closely this year with the addition of new Belterra Park and Mahoning Valley but I do remember Catlaunch. He was racing around the same time as one of my favorites down in Louisiana Star Guitar as well as Rapid Redux, the "unbeatable" claimer. It was great how long Catlaunch was able to stay competitive at the level he ran at. I really liked Needmore Flattery, last years Queen City Oaks winner. Sadly, she hasn't returned to her good form that much this year, only winning once in an optional claiming race last time out.

Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:36 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Of course the two horses that I said had no chance placed first and second... Oh well..

Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:52 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

mjtags11 wrote:
Of course the two horses that I said had no chance placed first and second... Oh well..

I had a look at that Redstart and it cost 150,000 dollars in the sales, that is a hell of a lot for a Ohio bred. But I'm not sure why it is a Ohio bred because it look's more like a Kentucky bred with her parent's. It reminds me of a horse that won a few big ohio bred races only for it to get DQ later on because it turned out not to be one. :lol:

Sage Hall won the turf maiden at Saratoga and looks a very nice horse for Mr Mott, it showed a lovely turn of foot. By the first season sire Cape Blanco and could be another horse for the Cup.

Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:29 pm
Group 1 winner

Sage Hill was very impressive. I'm more surprised that Mott won with a first time starter. He had no FTS winners for the past 5 years and has like 3 in just the past few days, two of which were routing on turf with Lasix. Cape Blanco could be an amazing turf sire and could give all those Kitten's Joy runners a run for their money.
Tomorrow, there are two horses I'm interested in. First one is Often, a 3yo for Graham Motion by Galileo out of a Rahy Mare. The other is the somewhat impressive Stonestreet runner Samantha Nicole. Sadly no 2yo racing but still exciting and the Lucky Coin Stakes looks like a good one.

Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:11 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Man that I'm A Chatterbox is a beast. Too bad the two jocks had to do hand to hand whip combat. I really dislike when jocks resort to using their whips to intimidate other horses - (Silver Charm vs Captain Bodgit in the Derby :x ) Both jocks were guilty of whip intimidation in the CC Oaks.

Gah Sage Hill! I was all over her but decided she may be a plodder by her works and would need longer.

Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:28 pm
Group 1 winner

These 3yo fillies keep annoying me... I'm using the wait and see approach on them. Maybe one of then will actually step up by the end of the summer... I'm A Chatterbox may have "won" today, but who knows how she will be next time out. I'm pretty sure a standardbred could beat these 3yos. At least next week we will have the boys racing, the West Virginia Derby, the Jim Dandy, and of course the Haskell (which I will be at). Hopefully either Mr. Z or Tiz Shea D will go to the WV Derby (I really don't want to see Tale of Verve win...). And I'm really excited to see Japan run at Saratoga. Could become the second best 3yo. Of course AP in the Haskell is going to be absolutely amazing and will be quite the time.

Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:28 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Respectfully MJ I don't think you are seeing how good I'm A Chatterbox is. Today she bolted to the front and set quick fractions and just lost because the jock decided to use whip combat instead of focusing on the wire. She has won coming from last to first and also she has won going wire to wire. I like this horse a lot and believe she is special. A better jock should help. The winner is good too but the rest are sub par.

Maybe the Cotillion next for Chatterbox? If so she wins.

Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:59 am
Group 1 winner

There's a 2yo for you who just aired out at Del Mar for Hollendorfer.

Songbird

http://www.pedigreequery.com/songbird8

Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next