View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Frankel / Golden Horn 
Group 2 winner

Post Frankel / Golden Horn
A big question is Golden Horn better than Frankel?

In my opinion its a no brainer NO he isnt better than Frankel. Yes he is a very good horse with a devastating turn of foot and recently proved he is versatile in tactics but at this stage of his career to be so near him on figures is mental.

Frankel beat top class group 1 winners with ease most the time. He beat Farhh by 7l and 6l and he proved out to be a real good horse, he continuely beat Excelebration who again proved to be real top class but the one performance that really impressed me was beating Cirrus Des Aigles on soft ground and breaking slowely. That just proved to me how good he was.

Yes Golden Horn has beaten good horses in Jack Hobbs in the derby and The Grey Gatsby recently but for me they arent as good as Farhh, Excelebration, Cirrus Des Aigles or even St Nicholas Abbey who Frankel also beat.

If Golden Horn goes on to win the Arc beating Treve i might have to change my opinion but for now its FRANKEL!!!

I'd love to hear everyone else's views on this topic.

I didnt want to go on too much just a quick evaluation..

Cheers Peter.

Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:16 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Frankel / Golden Horn
I dont think the middle distance division is great this year with 3YO or 4YO+
The Grey Gatsby is a very creditable Yardstick and he beat him the hard way and impressively
Jack Hobbs dented the Oaks form by Destroying Qualify the rest of the Epsom form stacked up
in Irish Derby

I said it before the Eclipse that i suspect that Golden Horn could be exceptional and its starting to shape that way
But to even bring Frankel into it at this stage is very premature He was the best and the Horn has alot more to do to be
even recognized as a an all time great let alone a challenger to Frankel as the Greatest of all time.

Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:38 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
I dont think the middle distance division is great this year with 3YO or 4YO+
The Grey Gatsby is a very creditable Yardstick and he beat him the hard way and impressively
Jack Hobbs dented the Oaks form by Destroying Qualify the rest of the Epsom form stacked up
in Irish Derby

I said it before the Eclipse that i suspect that Golden Horn could be exceptional and its starting to shape that way
But to even bring Frankel into it at this stage is very premature He was the best and the Horn has alot more to do to be
even recognized as a an all time great let alone a challenger to Frankel as the Greatest of all time.

He's not even the best Derby/Eclipse winner. He's behind Nashwan and Sea the Stars at this moment.

Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:07 pm
Group 1 winner

Agree both had 2 classics under his belt at this stage too

Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:52 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]