View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Best jumps horse ever? 
Handicapper

Post Best jumps horse ever?
With the jumps season getting closer, I just want to know peoples opinions on the best jumps horse to ever race. Mine is Kauto Star he was a sensation and was one of the first horses I really liked and also another reason is strangely another I was born two days before kauto was for some reason that makes me like him even more. R.I.P kauto Star

Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:00 am
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Best jumps horse ever?
You would have to put RED RUM down near the top but my favourite was DESERT ORCHID https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G41acu1VQ58 a great jumper of fences especially at Sandown Park's Railway fences.

Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:15 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

simpleminds wrote:
You would have to put RED RUM down near the top but my favourite was DESERT ORCHID https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G41acu1VQ58 a great jumper of fences especially at Sandown Park's Railway fences.

We will never see a horse like him in my life time, I think his best race was his Irish Grand National when giving 28lbs.

That season he ran from 2m the Tingle Creek to 3m5 Irish, in those days u had to run in h'caps because there wasn't group races so the horses had harder races, if he was around now he would just run in group1's and have a easy time of it mopping them up.

My fav was a horse called Twin Oaks, if only he hadn't got seriously injured as a youngster.

We showing our age Gray. :cry: :lol:

Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:49 pm
Handicapper

ghostzapper74 wrote:
simpleminds wrote:

We will never see a horse like him in my life time, I think his best race was his Irish Grand National when giving 28lbs.

That season he ran from 2m the Tingle Creek to 3m5 Irish, in those days u had to run in h'caps because there wasn't group races so the horses had harder races, if he was around now he would just run in group1's and have a easy time of it mopping them up.

My fav was a horse called Twin Oaks, if only he hadn't got seriously injured as a youngster.

We showing our age Gray. :cry: :lol:

Desert orchid is an all time great, my parents were lucky enough to meet him in at an open day at jack berry's stable who had invited retired desert orchid to be on show. By the way you I bet your not too old :lol: .

Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:49 pm
Group 2 winner

Sprinter Sacra.

At his best he was unbeatable, jumped so well and had a unbelievable cruising speed and for him to win at Cheltenham,Aintree and Punchestown has a great effort. Even winning over 2mile 4ferlongs. Its just a massive shame he had the problem with his heart and he's not even half the horse he is now and its really hard for me to watch him race on now. Personally id retire him alongside Bobs Worth.

Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:10 am
Handicapper

PeterS94 wrote:
Sprinter Sacra.

At his best he was unbeatable, jumped so well and had a unbelievable cruising speed and for him to win at Cheltenham,Aintree and Punchestown has a great effort. Even winning over 2mile 4ferlongs. Its just a massive shame he had the problem with his heart and he's not even half the horse he is now and its really hard for me to watch him race on now. Personally id retire him alongside Bobs Worth.

Yeah I think they have nothing else to prove and i cant see the pair of them doing much now.

Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:57 am
Group 2 winner

I'm not old enough to know the likes of Red Rum and Desert Orchid, however ive watched plenty of their races online and they were absolutely magical to watch. The best NH horse over the last decade has to be 'the King' Kauto Star.

Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]