View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Red Cadeaux 
Selling plater

Post Red Cadeaux
I've been told this gallant gelding is coming back to Australia for another crack at the Melbourne Cup making it his 5th attempt at Australia's greatest race.

Honestly I'm not sure how I feel about it, I think he long deserves a nice retirement, he is 10 years old (9 by Australian aging though..I think) most of the horses that win the Cup are 3,4,5 maybe 6. Oldest horse to win was 8 years old, never a 9 or 10 year old. But who knows he might make some history.

If he does end up coming, I'll be rooting for him. Though my money will be on an Australian runner (though my 'money' is a $2 coin I just bet for the fun and never even turn in the ticket I keep it for memory sake xD) cause I gotta support the home team, I would love to see him win, he came so close in 2011 by Dunaden just beat him by a tip of a nostril in the closest finish in Melbourne Cup history.

Racing in America by be drawing to a close but racing in Australia is just picking up.

What do you guys think of Red Cadeaux, do you think he should just be retired or do you think he might actually win the Cup this year? He'll have a hard field to beat.

Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:28 am
Handicapper

Post Re: Red Cadeaux
Meeka wrote:
I've been told this gallant gelding is coming back to Australia for another crack at the Melbourne Cup making it his 5th attempt at Australia's greatest race.

Honestly I'm not sure how I feel about it, I think he long deserves a nice retirement, he is 10 years old (9 by Australian aging though..I think) most of the horses that win the Cup are 3,4,5 maybe 6. Oldest horse to win was 8 years old, never a 9 or 10 year old. But who knows he might make some history.

If he does end up coming, I'll be rooting for him. Though my money will be on an Australian runner (though my 'money' is a $2 coin I just bet for the fun and never even turn in the ticket I keep it for memory sake xD) cause I gotta support the home team, I would love to see him win, he came so close in 2011 by Dunaden just beat him by a tip of a nostril in the closest finish in Melbourne Cup history.

Racing in America by be drawing to a close but racing in Australia is just picking up.

What do you guys think of Red Cadeaux, do you think he should just be retired or do you think he might actually win the Cup this year? He'll have a hard field to beat.

I thonk he should give it one more go because he does have the ability and if he fails he should be retired but only if the horse wants to.

Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]