View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Gleneagles 
Group 2 winner

Post Gleneagles
Well Done to the haters, you've finally pressured Aiden O Brien to running him on ground far to soft.

Was never going to win on ground that soft.

Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:51 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Gleneagles
PeterS94 wrote:
Well Done to the haters, you've finally pressured Aiden O Brien to running him on ground far to soft.

Was never going to win on ground that soft.

I'm Sorry to say Pete but that is a Stupid thing to say, they are horses ( bred to run) and it's called horse racing. So what if a horse gets beaten ( u don't lose nothing in defeat). If all horses only ever run on it's preferred ground then horse racing would soon die.

Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:36 pm
Handicapper

It is a shame that from the day a top pedigree horse starts winning connections are thinks of its stud career and become scared to get it beat.yes he is better on quick ground but it isn't soft going.

Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:52 pm
Group 2 winner

Yes its horse racing but if things arent going to suit why bother running. He's been pressured into running by the public who after every race has twisted about him being pulled out when he's always stated that he was unlikely to run. At these big orgainsations its about business.

They've do best by the horse all season but not today, we would have seen him at the breeders cup but that could be a doubt now.

No it isnt soft but its soft enough to unsuit him. Belardo finished 2nd and he's a proper soft ground horse so for him to be 2nd it was obviosly soft enough for him.

Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:02 pm
Group 1 winner

Just dont get it at all sent out to fall on his sword on a suicide mission and why

Owners Trainer Public Pressure?

The decision makes Coolmore look very silly im getting wind Aidan did not want to run and his comments pre race
were bizarre as though he knew full well what was about to happen. they protected him all season and fair enough for doing that
but what on earth changed the policy today headless,

His Reputation and credibility and stud fee have been hugely deflated today.

just cant get my head round the benefit of running him.

Only positive the only one is he came back sound.

Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:06 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
Just dont get it at all sent out to fall on his sword on a suicide mission and why

The decision makes Coolmore look very silly im getting wind Aidan did not want to run and his comments pre race
were bizarre as though he knew full well what was about to happen. they protected him all season and fair enough for doing that

Paul how is it going to affect his reputation or his stud fee, I just don't see it. It's not like he was unbeaten plus u stud fee is only for the first 2 years then it's about u babies and how good they are and not about what u did at Ascot.

I think they might have run him today because if they wait for the breeders cup there is no guarantee the ground will be good or better because this year it's in Kentucky and not California.

If it's true that Aidan didn't want to run him perhaps this is the final nail in the coffin.

Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:31 pm
Group 2 winner

Totally agree, they had nothing to gain running today he was never going to win. Somehow i just dont think it was Aiden's decision and the Coolmore lads had a massive part to running him.

I now dont think he'll go to the breeders cup.

Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:42 pm
Group 1 winner

ghostzapper74 wrote:
pjrhodes1970 wrote:

Paul how is it going to affect his reputation or his stud fee, I just don't see it. It's not like he was unbeaten plus u stud fee is only for the first 2 years then it's about u babies and how good they are and not about what u did at Ascot.

I think they might have run him today because if they wait for the breeders cup there is no guarantee the ground will be good or better because this year it's in Kentucky and not California.

If it's true that Aidan didn't want to run him perhaps this is the final nail in the coffin.

Sorry mate Commercially this has damaged him greatly you have to understand the Business after the Double
Guineas & St James Palace Victories Coolmore could name there price and breeders would queue to pay it a champion miler
out of Galileo a Dual classic winner there is only one Galileo who has achieved that & Its him also given the fact how unique his
pedigree is.

BUT now in breeders minds will be him trailing in at Ascot added to the fact the no shows would be on there minds id say
yesterday has cost him at least half his stud fee and probably has lost a few decent mares on his first book next year.

what i cant understand is Everyone at Ballydoyle knew yesterday that he would be defeated on that ground so
They took a chance and it backfired badly why take the risk yesterday when you have told everyone
all year that you would not take that risk with this particular horse it makes them look ridiculous IMO.

Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:29 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I still think u wrong because if they have to slash his price tag then it was to high to start with plus that price tag only last until u horses get on the course, 2 to 3 years. After that it's what u doing in the barn and not on what u did on the course.

Take these two horses .

Ghostzapper entered the breeding barn with the highest starting stud fee ever 200,000, he had it all the only horse that could win Group1 sprints and Group1 middle distance races. How could he fail ? well it didn't take long to find out the buddle was going to burst.

Look at his first 4 years price tag, 200,000 - 150,000 - 150,000 - 125,000 - what happened when his runners hit the race track and were poor( they cost a lot and were awful) the price came crumbling down. The year after his price tag was 30,000 and stayed low the next 2 years at 20,000. This year it's 60,000 because they have worked out what type of horses he get's and he get's nice Filly's that get's better with age.

Then take a look at the Daddy of all Coolmore Sire's - Sadlers Wells

Who was a good/very good horse but was no world beater, had a good 3yo season running in 1m to 1m2f group 1 races, his last but one race was in the Phoenix( now Irish Champ) and he won, I didn't think he was a 1m4 horse but they ran him in the Arc and finished 8th on his final start. Was that the end of the world ! of course not. When he entered stud he was the daddy and no one remembered that final race, just a blip on the horizon.

And if Gleneagles has run his final race and he turn's out to be half as Good as the Daddy it will be a blip on his record.

The same with Frankel , if his babies hit the track and turn out to be poor then his price will fall and what he did on track wont help him.

Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:24 am
Group 1 winner

Its all about the book a mares you can attract early on look at Frankels first book any sire needs quality mares
and after yesterday id say he lost some decent mares he of course will be well supported by Coolmore
and if Breeders are put off they will have to prop him up until he establishes himself something they have rarely done.

Amazing how it was Jim Bolger who almost saved Galileo as a sire he always believed in him when others drifted away
from him when he struggled early on he kept going back to Galileo if he didnt his story could be very different.

For ultra Business men yesterday made no business sense at all.

But it is what it is

He was nailed on to be on the Coolmore Fethard Roster for 2016 but suspect if he does not goto BC he surely has to come back
at 4 or have a very very low stud fee but then again that is not going to attract the best of mares if you are going to give him away.

Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:38 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Just because you have the best mares it's doesn't mean u going to get the best results.

Take for instance these 2 horses.

Big Brown had it all, he had the looks and was a top class race horse. He started of at 65000 and had some of the best mares but after the first few crops didn't live up to the hype he found is level and is now at 8500 in New York. His record on course only lasted so long.

Then take poor Tapit, I watched him racing in the 2000's and he was as average as u like and if someone would have told me then that he would go on to be the best Sire in the US I and many others would have said u was mad. He started of at 15,000 and even went down to 12,500 and started at the very bottom of the Kentucky sires, now his price tag is 300,000 and u can name u price on any of his horses. I watched a lot of the Keeneland sales and even his average bred horses were going for a mill plus.

Just because u start at the bottom it's doesn't mean u wont end at the top, the cream will always rise to the top.

Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:29 pm
Group 2 winner

Why start at the bottom if you can start at the top. At the end of the day they were wrong to run Gleneagles yesterday after they pulled him out all season. They've just made themselves look silly.

Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:40 pm
Group 1 winner

PeterS94 wrote:
Why start at the bottom if you can start at the top. At the end of the day they were wrong to run Gleneagles yesterday after they pulled him out all season. They've just made themselves look silly.

Come on Pete even if he's retired at this moment he's not at the bottom.

Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:53 pm
Group 1 winner

Come on then lets have a little game. If he's retired on that performance what is his stud fee and if he was retired before that race. Let's see if they cost him as much as everyone is saying.

Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:56 pm
Group 1 winner

ghostzapper74 wrote:
Come on then lets have a little game. If he's retired on that performance what is his stud fee and if he was retired before that race. Let's see if they cost him as much as everyone is saying.

Before 45,000 euro after 20,000 euro

after the St James Palace stakes with a hypothetical win over his elders 60,000+

Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:12 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next