View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Jumps Discussion 
Group 2 winner

Post Re: Jumps Discussion
I'd wait and go to aintree, think he might get outstayed up the cheltenham hill, he looks like he's got loads of speed and aintree might suit better.

Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:43 pm
Group 1 winner

ASPEN COLORADO As a Juvenile at Ballydolye in 2014 being partnered by Heather Stevens who used to look after him

Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:10 pm
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

On another note, I've seen today that coormore have bought Walk in the Park the sire of Douvan and Min. Be interesting to see if this is down to Joseph O'Brien?

Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:03 pm
Group 1 winner

They have bought some of his offspring recently at tatts and have wanted him back for a while
he's a great addition but 100% a business decision

Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:24 am
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

Hi all a really good days racing tomorrow. Probably the best I've seen in a while.

Just wondering if you think Willie's two going to Doncaster will get beat because i strongly think they might. First is Up for Review, firstly he's made the running in all of his races as has Barters Hill. The Good to soft ground is a big worry in my opinion, all his best form is on a soft surface. He's disappointed twice on a sound surface. It'll definitely be interesting to see the tactical battle between him and barters Hill. I also think Shaneshill could also be beat by Vaniteux he's got to give him 4 pound and though vanituex jumped a bit big at times but i'd rather him jump big that the way Shaneshill jumped last time belting the last two.

Would love to hear your thought's on them two?

Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:26 pm
Group 1 winner

PeterS94 wrote:
Hi all a really good days racing tomorrow. Probably the best I've seen in a while.

Just wondering if you think Willie's two going to Doncaster will get beat because i strongly think they might. First is Up for Review, firstly he's made the running in all of his races as has Barters Hill. The Good to soft ground is a big worry in my opinion, all his best form is on a soft surface. He's disappointed twice on a sound surface. It'll definitely be interesting to see the tactical battle between him and barters Hill. I also think Shaneshill could also be beat by Vaniteux he's got to give him 4 pound and though vanituex jumped a bit big at times but i'd rather him jump big that the way Shaneshill jumped last time belting the last two.

Would love to hear your thought's on them two?

I agree, today is probably the best trail day of the season. Two horses I'm looking forward to is Clan des Obeaux and Shantou Village, if Shantou was trained by Henderson or Mullins everyone would be raving about him and he would be a lot shorter for the festival. Another race I'm interested in is the Novice Chase at Doncaster because if Shaneshill wins that race then it will show we have no chance in the Arkle.

Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:16 pm
Group 2 winner

Wow what a bad start to the day for Willie.

Djakadam falling, Shaneshill running a shocker and Morning Run getting beat and add Up For Review to that.

Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:10 pm
Handicapper

Does anyone have the latest update on Fulham Road?

This horse came to my attention on this very thread by a comment saying that this horse was possibly the best Bumper horse Willie Mullins has for this year. I remember seeing him engaged in a race back in November but I think he was withdrawn. I have added interest as he's my ante-post bet for the Cheltenham race and now things have gone quiet.

Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:32 pm
Group 1 winner

Last time I heard from my mate who works there word was he could be out for the season
and the champion bumper is highly unlikely now even if they can get him back

Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:34 am
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

once again loads of races re opened on saturday. How can trainers have the nerve to complain about there not being enough races then there not running horses in the ones that are there.

Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:36 pm
Group 2 winner

Just seen that outspoken has had a setback out for the season, though he was just waiting for better ground but should be back next season for novice hurdle campagne.

Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:41 pm
Group 1 winner

PeterS94 wrote:
once again loads of races re opened on saturday. How can trainers have the nerve to complain about there not being enough races then there not running horses in the ones that are there.

What's worse is there are only 22 English horses entered for the betfair hurdle, probably the richest hurdle h'cap in the UK. If u cant enter u horse in a 150,000 h'cap then please stop bitching about prize money. :roll:

Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:51 pm
Group 2 winner

Completely agree, i understand that there aren't enough races for some horses but trainers aren't supporting the races that are there, and agree i expected to see 3 or 4 nicky henderson horses a couple david pipe but there hardly any.

On other note, trainers arent happy with there not being enough novice chase so why not go to Ireland for beginners chases over there. Willie sends horses over here, so lets do the same

Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:06 am
Group 1 winner

PeterS94 wrote:
Completely agree, i understand that there aren't enough races for some horses but trainers aren't supporting the races that are there, and agree i expected to see 3 or 4 nicky henderson horses a couple david pipe but there hardly any.

On other note, trainers arent happy with there not being enough novice chase so why not go to Ireland for beginners chases over there. Willie sends horses over here, so lets do the same

But they don't complain about there not being enough big races, there aren't enough middle-lower grade races to match the level of the majority of horses in training. There's no point in putting up the huge entry fees for a feature race if you're only going to be tailed off, and potentially gain an inflated handicap mark meaning you can't compete in the lower races again. The current schedule is far too weighted towards targeting these big races, forgetting that the majority of horses are of a quality that are going to struggle to win a low-grade handicap. Not only that, but the Cheltenham and Aintree festivals now have such emphasis that people are not running their horses through February and early March to preserve them for the festival(s) which I think greatly dilutes the schedule leading up to the festival(s).

Novice chases are the same, you want to be able to give a horse 4-5 runs against novices of a similar calibre before either going handicapping, or upping in class. But there just aren't the races. Going to Ireland isn't an option, I mean transport fees alone would be around £3-500+, plus lads fees, entry fees, stabling all for a race worth about £1000 overall (prize money is worse in some of those races in Ireland). Ok, they have more races, but even for a big trainer there's no point, you'd be at a fairly huge financial loss. Willie brings his horses over to mine the big pots we have over here (compared to in Ireland where prize money is worse), he doesn't aim his horses at small mid-week novice races.

Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:33 pm
Group 2 winner

This'll probably get a load of stick because everyone seems to love Gary Moore but its not bad luck with Arr Mad's injury, he shouldn't have been contesting a silly little race like that after the season's he had. Even if he had jumped more left that he did he still would have went to cheltenham. Just seems a stupid move to run him

Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next