View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Jumps Discussion 
Group 2 winner

Post Re: Jumps Discussion
Will be interesting to see if The New One and Old Guard line up against Faugheen, not that I expect them to get near him but will still make for a better race.

Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:50 pm
Group 2 winner

Both expected to run aswell as MTOY.

Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:20 am
Group 2 winner

I thought MTOY was out as he needed more time.

Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:29 am
Group 2 winner

Pommard wrote:
I thought MTOY was out as he needed more time.

Yes it was reported in the Racing Post that he wont quite be ready for boxing day.

Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:24 am
Group 2 winner

Okay just a few things. I thought it was the international he wasn't ready for my mistake. Also really gutted to see John Ferguson stop training i love watching his horses coming off the flat, would have been nice for someone to take over the role. I've seen Charlie Appleby is taking horses, is that to continue jumps?. I'm happy to see O'Faolains boy wont be running in welsh national after getting him back to something good it would have been a bad move. Finally what is Willie doing with Vrrom Vroum Mag, winning these pointless races at home time to take on some decent horses

Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:00 pm
Group 2 winner

Im also glad O'Faolains Boy wont go for the Welsh national, surely they have to see if he can reach his promise of a potential gold cup horse. With all his problems it would be suicide to run him on bottomless ground on Sunday. Hopefully I get to see him in the Cotswold chase on festival trials day at Cheltenham.

Im extremely annoyed with how Mullins has campaigned Vroum Vroum Mag, I know they have plenty of staying chasers but there are plenty of races for her to run in. Mullins would be unlikely to have a runner in the Cotswold chase or the Denman chase at Newbury so these races would be ideal.

Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:32 am
Group 2 winner

Completely agree but I think I saw that djakadam might be going for the Coltswell chase.

Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:19 am
Group 2 winner

PeterS94 wrote:
Completely agree but I think I saw that djakadam might be going for the Coltswell chase.

I hope so as il be there, have such a soft spot for Djakadam since backing him at 50/1 e/w in last seasons gold cup.

Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:41 am
Group 2 winner

Faugheen did what we all knew he would. they were never going to beat him so why do the bookmakers cut him.

Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:44 pm
Group 1 winner

What did people think of the King George yesterday with respect to the whip ban given to Paddy Brennan? Though it was impressive that he got Cue Card to rally would he have done without that use of the whip (I have to say that I was pleased the horse won, but it didn't look good)? Should he have lost the race, it was a pretty serious breach to be fined £4200 and given 11 days? But it won't make much difference, £4200 isn't that much when you've just won a grade 1 (plus riding fees etc), 11 days is bad, but it's not like he's going to lose his job over it, he won the King George to get those days. The pictures aren't pretty, see the third image on the Racing Post article: http://www.racingpost.com/news/live.sd? ... category=0 Should they be losing races for breaches like that?? Technically the race should have gone to Al Ferof if those were the rules as Ruby was given a whip ban too... It's a tricky one.

Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:53 am
Group 2 winner

Ruby broke the rules aswell and dont think its possibly to give the race to Al Ferof considering he finished so far behind. The rules arent right but there's so many problems with racing in England. The BHA are a joke tbh

Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:04 am
Group 1 winner

PeterS94 wrote:
Ruby broke the rules aswell and dont think its possibly to give the race to Al Ferof considering he finished so far behind. The rules arent right but there's so many problems with racing in England. The BHA are a joke tbh

Let's be frank our racing is a joke and it's run by a bunch of jokers.

The whip rules are :roll: the interference rules are :lol: ( and they are trying to tell the rest of Europe what they should be) :lol: :lol:

And twenty people( how much did that cost) came up with that rubbish/awful report last week, it took them 32 weeks to come up with THAT :cry: . Is there anyone in racing that's not on the TAKE.

Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:29 am
Group 1 winner

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS IVANOVICH

Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:18 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS IVANOVICH

Does Aidan have any more novices to come out, have u backed him for the truimph. That was the best performance I've seen from a 3yo this season, a lovely looking horse.

Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:20 pm
Group 2 winner

I was at Kempton yesterday and without doubt it was one of the best King Georges I've seen. A really top class renewal and there's no doubt the best horse in the race won. I'm not sure Vautour is a gold cup horse looking at that. His stamina definitely ran out in the final furlong as Mullins has said. Ruby perhaps should have been more patient but he was only a nose away from a masterful ride.

Cue Card looks a different horse this year, they've sorted his wind out and he seems to be thriving in his new stable which Tizzard has switched to the top of the hill at his yard.

I'd like to see Don Cossack again as it looks like he was running on when falling at the second last.

Conti is finished I think, like many French horses are at his age. Although Nicholls horrific form at the moment doesn't help.

Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next