View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Grand National 2016 
Handicapper

Post Re: Grand National 2016
PeterS94 wrote:
Yeah he dont stay 3m does he ha ha

He has done in the past, but yeah I was just fascinated to see his name in the declarations, thinking about it, its unlikely for him to even qualify for it.

Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:52 pm
Group 2 winner

I don't get these trainers, horses seem to not stay 3 miles yet they get entered for the grand national.

Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:56 pm
Handicapper

PeterS94 wrote:
I don't get these trainers, horses seem to not stay 3 miles yet they get entered for the grand national.

They must know what they are doing...... I guess :lol: , in all seriousness i think Mountainous if the ground is still soft, will go well. What do you think?

Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:00 pm
Group 2 winner

I think the ground would have to be close to chepstow for him to be at his best, think there'd be classier horses who'd beat him on soft.

Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:35 pm
Handicapper

PeterS94 wrote:
I think the ground would have to be close to chepstow for him to be at his best, think there'd be classier horses who'd beat him on soft.

Yeah, I should have put heavy ground but in april thats unlikely. I never usually think horses have a chance if they have won the National before, however Many Clouds is just so classer!

Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:36 am
Handicapper

whats the general opinion now at this stage then?:)

Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:27 pm
Group 2 winner

1. The Druids Nephew
2. Kruzhlinin
3. Morning Assembly

But a lot depends on how much rain falls overnight as plenty with chances at the moment.

One point of concern is what the hell is Philip Hobbs thinking in running a horse that has only had 4 starts over fences. It is asking for trouble, unfair on the horse and I hope nothing goes wrong because the race does not need bad publicity.
With all the talk about entry conditions that is something that needs seriously looking at.

Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:02 pm
Group 1 winner

Pommard wrote:
1. The Druids Nephew
2. Kruzhlinin
3. Morning Assembly

But a lot depends on how much rain falls overnight as plenty with chances at the moment.

One point of concern is what the hell is Philip Hobbs thinking in running a horse that has only had 4 starts over fences. It is asking for trouble, unfair on the horse and I hope nothing goes wrong because the race does not need bad publicity.
With all the talk about entry conditions that is something that needs seriously looking at.

Might have said that years ago but these fences are no harder than park courses, the old Haydock fences are tougher than these. I think he's a real nice horse and a nice jumper.

By the look of it we will get a good old fashion National tomorrow with all the rain we having tonight, I'll be looking at horses below 11 stone and is a bit of a stayer. I cant see more than 10 getting around.

Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:52 pm
Group 1 winner

I just watched the replay on youtube.......Greek comms I think lol
Good to see jockeys pulling horses up as they started dropping out and an exciting finish and a great win to Rule The World and his young jockey!

Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:19 am
Handicapper

I had nine horses in the race and the best I could get was 5th and 6th, the first two losers :lol:

It's amazing how simple it is to look at the winner after the race and think "of course.." in the National.
Rule The World had some great handicap form including a strong finishing second in the Irish National just last year. The rain was in his favour and he was a very good novice hurdler back in the day.

What a brilliant ride from David Mullins, he's only 19 but he looked like he'd been around the course for years. He had the presence to give the horse a breather after the first circuit and he pretty much bolted up.

The Last Samuri, I guess you could class as unlucky? He was in front for three quarters of the race of the race and jumped superbly, only to be robbed on the run in. Personally I think his chance will have gone for next year because he'll get mullered by the handicapper and will be right up there at the top of the weights next year.

Vics Canvas was a star. He's a thirteen year old and he's only been beaten 14 lengths of the National. An incredible sit by Robbie Dunne at Bechers and he crept into contention.

Gilgamboa looked a big threat two out but just ran out of petrol. He might be popping up in something like the Irish National next year, or if not, he'll be aimed at the big 3 mile races in Ireland then maybe the King George?

Goonyella looks like he needs 6 mile races, he was storming home to get 5th but beaten over 25 lengths. Ucello Conti might do better next year on quicker ground, the rain hit his chances of staying the trip.

Silvinaco, I'm not sure what happened with him. Again, the rain did him no good.

There were some nasty falls in that race so I'm delighted to see that all the horses and jockeys came home safely.

In terms of next year, I'm going to keep my eye out for a few of the novices and some that have done well this season but gone under the radar.

Native River,
Henri Parry Morgan,
Ziga Boy,
whatever David Mullins rides,
Maggio (always seen as a National type, hasn't been high enough in the weights to get in, absolutely sluiced up yesterday)
Whats Happening (I really fancied him this year but he got an injury in December and hasn't been out since, he looks an ideal type)

Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:51 pm
Handicapper

Hysteria21 wrote:
I had nine horses in the race and the best I could get was 5th and 6th, the first two losers :lol:

It's amazing how simple it is to look at the winner after the race and think "of course.." in the National.
Rule The World had some great handicap form including a strong finishing second in the Irish National just last year. The rain was in his favour and he was a very good novice hurdler back in the day.

What a brilliant ride from David Mullins, he's only 19 but he looked like he'd been around the course for years. He had the presence to give the horse a breather after the first circuit and he pretty much bolted up.

The Last Samuri, I guess you could class as unlucky? He was in front for three quarters of the race of the race and jumped superbly, only to be robbed on the run in. Personally I think his chance will have gone for next year because he'll get mullered by the handicapper and will be right up there at the top of the weights next year.

Vics Canvas was a star. He's a thirteen year old and he's only been beaten 14 lengths of the National. An incredible sit by Robbie Dunne at Bechers and he crept into contention.

Gilgamboa looked a big threat two out but just ran out of petrol. He might be popping up in something like the Irish National next year, or if not, he'll be aimed at the big 3 mile races in Ireland then maybe the King George?

Goonyella looks like he needs 6 mile races, he was storming home to get 5th but beaten over 25 lengths. Ucello Conti might do better next year on quicker ground, the rain hit his chances of staying the trip.

Silvinaco, I'm not sure what happened with him. Again, the rain did him no good.

There were some nasty falls in that race so I'm delighted to see that all the horses and jockeys came home safely.

In terms of next year, I'm going to keep my eye out for a few of the novices and some that have done well this season but gone under the radar.

Native River,
Henri Parry Morgan,
Ziga Boy,
whatever David Mullins rides,
Maggio (always seen as a National type, hasn't been high enough in the weights to get in, absolutely sluiced up yesterday)
Whats Happening (I really fancied him this year but he got an injury in December and hasn't been out since, he looks an ideal type)

Henri Parry Morgan seems to be a constantly improving horse and I would love him to do well in the national. I went to see him win his first ever run, which was memorable after my dad backed him accidentally, because he meant to back a horse with a similar name luckily henri won. So ever since I've followed him, to be honest he wasn't really great of a hurdler but he has taken off as a chaser!!! So lets hope he can get in one day.

Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2