View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 My Meydan Picks 
Group 2 winner

Post My Meydan Picks
3.35 - Kifaah - (5/2) (NAP) An improving horse who won a non carnival event and stepped up to finishing 3rd in a Listed behind UAE superstar Muarrab. Although he's to reserve form with his rafeej he's now 10pound better off and with Paul Hanagan on board i expect a bold show.

4.10 - Ertijaal - (4/1) Seemed to improve for the switch to sprinting last year and made all to win a handicap on his final run last year. His first run at 5f is a slight worry but it doesn't look an overly strong race and i think may come out on top.

4.45 - Frankiefourfingers - (5/1) - Improved massively last year finishing 2nd in this before winning round two. Aslong as he's fit enough there's no reason why he cant run a close race. Although a mile might on the sharp side.

Faulkner E.W (16/1) - An unexposed 6yo having only 4 starts seems hard to train but has stacks of ability. Won his maiden and two handicaps last season he likes to be held up and despite losing on his reappearance (found to be lame) i think he can run into a place.

5.20 - Hasanour - (8/1) - One of my 5 to follow this carnival season, trained by M.Halford who is a very clever trainer picking out his meydan horses. He said in June he'd be lightly campagned with meydan in mind. I expect him to improve and can see him running well in some nice handicaps this season.

5.55 - One Man Band - (2/1) - A fast improving front runner who has won his last two races in commanding style. Although this looks a stronger race he is very dangerous if he gets an easy lead and could kick of the bend beating his main danger Hunting Ground.

6.30 - No Bet

Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:59 pm
Group 2 winner

Post Re: My Meydan Picks
Review

Kifaah - Could be a frustrating horse this carnival and might just pop up when your not expecting him. Will run his race but might struggle.

Ertijaal - My slight worry with the trip was well and truly put to bed with him bolting up and it looks like sprinting will be his game. Amazing to think he won over 1m in England.

Frankiefourfingers - Was well placed early but couldn't go with the leaders on the home turn and faded badly. He looked like he's come on for the run and round 2 of the Maktoum Challenge might be his early carnival target.

Faulkner - Proved his first start this season was a blip and he showed a'lot more, slowly away he was rushed up to use his good draw to sit behind the leader and stayed up the straight nicely. I think there's definitely a race to be won with him.

Hasanour - Ran no sort of race and finished tailed off, be interesting to see if there's anything comes to light.

One Man Band - Another really impressive performance, a'bit keen for my liking but he was way to good for these and is on the up grade.

Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]