View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Cheltenham Festival 2016 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Cheltenham Festival 2016
Have I Missed something last I Heard No More Hero's was still alive

Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:12 pm
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

Pommard wrote:
Sprinter Sacre yesterday just made the whole festival whatever happens now. It will be very interesting to see what they do with him now as Nicky admitted yesterday that they should never have gone to Punchestown all those years ago.
As for today I maintain what I said previously about the diluting of the races, the Ryanair is the worst example. I was going to back Road To Riches in the gold cup and surely that would be the right race for him, the trainer thinks so to. If Vautour was mine (wishful thinking) I would have run him in the champion chase, he looks a 2 miler. On the subject of Vautour Ricci must surely of been lying when he said that he was only 90%; I cannot believe Willie would be running the horse in any festival race if he's not right. The owner pays the bills and can run them where they want but a little honesty wouldn't go amiss.

I totally agree with Sprinter Sacre, he has made the festival. He was truly amazing yesterday. I think he wont run again this season and i have a feeling he'll be retired with Bobs Worth. Although i'd love to see back to take on Douvan. As for the Ryanair i think we need it, what happens to horses that aren't quick enough for the Champion Chase and don't stay the Gold Cup. That's like staying get rid of the neptune. We shouldn't i don't think we need a fifth day and personally wouldn't have added the new mares race.

Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:15 pm
Group 2 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
Have I Missed something last I Heard No More Hero's was still alive

No unfortunately he passed away and was announced this morning.

Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:16 pm
Group 2 winner

PeterS94 wrote:
Pommard wrote:
Sprinter Sacre yesterday just made the whole festival whatever happens now. It will be very interesting to see what they do with him now as Nicky admitted yesterday that they should never have gone to Punchestown all those years ago.
As for today I maintain what I said previously about the diluting of the races, the Ryanair is the worst example. I was going to back Road To Riches in the gold cup and surely that would be the right race for him, the trainer thinks so to. If Vautour was mine (wishful thinking) I would have run him in the champion chase, he looks a 2 miler. On the subject of Vautour Ricci must surely of been lying when he said that he was only 90%; I cannot believe Willie would be running the horse in any festival race if he's not right. The owner pays the bills and can run them where they want but a little honesty wouldn't go amiss.

I totally agree with Sprinter Sacre, he has made the festival. He was truly amazing yesterday. I think he wont run again this season and i have a feeling he'll be retired with Bobs Worth. Although i'd love to see back to take on Douvan. As for the Ryanair i think we need it, what happens to horses that aren't quick enough for the Champion Chase and don't stay the Gold Cup. That's like staying get rid of the neptune. We shouldn't i don't think we need a fifth day and personally wouldn't have added the new mares race.

I would argue that there has always been a championship 2m 4f chase, it's called the melling chase; In the same way that the Aintree hurdle is the championship 2m 4f hurdle. Cheltenham doesn't have to be the be all and end all of everything and they are starting to spread it all a bit too thin for my liking.

Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:25 pm
Group 2 winner

The problem is Cheltenham is the be all and end all as you can see with such small fields for all the trials over the last couple of seasons. Trainers would rather go for a racecourse gallop instead of running in a race. Not many horses get aimed at Aintree.

Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:44 pm
Group 1 winner

PeterS94 wrote:
Gutting to see No More Heroes has died to be honest its Bryan Coopers fault. Gordon Elliott said Bryan felt something 3 out so why the hell didn't he pull him up. There's always another day well there's not now.

I'm gutted I loved that horse :cry: , I think it happened a long time before that. He never went a yard, Bryan was getting after him real early in the race. When ever it happened why the hell didn't he pull him up, I think some of these jocks got a win at all cost's. I'm not a fan of Bryan anyway, Davy was always a better jock than him.

Another thing that's done my head in this year( probably every year) is the so called going, it's a joke.

Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:43 pm
Group 2 winner

Another thing that's done my head in this year( probably every year) is the so called going, it's a joke.[/quote]

Agree 100% (well since the 80's anyway, showing my age)

Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:57 pm
Group 1 winner

R.I.P NO MORE HEROS a horse with the world at his feet I think we have lost a future Gold Cup Winner
the sad side of the game.

Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:07 pm
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

Just a thought jockeys get banned for things that happen at the start. Why don't starters get banned for that shambles what happened at the start of the JLT

Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:42 pm
Group 1 winner

PeterS94 wrote:
Just a thought jockeys get banned for things that happen at the start. Why don't starters get banned for that shambles what happened at the start of the JLT

I'd be mad like davy :evil: if I had backed that horse, I don't care what excuses the bookies make but that should be classed as a non runner like in the US. I wonder if any bookie's will give the money back.

I don't know what's worse the refs in football or the starters/ stewards in racing. :roll:

Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:56 pm
Group 2 winner

What a surprise no action against starter they say he did nothing wrong yet they ban jockeys later in the day for letting horses break into a canter. This is getting beyond a joke its there living's they ruining.

Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:47 pm
Group 1 winner

I never lost the faith in Ivanovich Gorbatov, a fantastic ride from Barry. It proves u don't need to whack them to win. Barry hit his once after the last and Bryan whack-um four times.

Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:48 pm
Group 2 winner

Oh Davy Russell. What the hell have you just done there. Gave the horse no chance at all

Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:45 pm
Group 1 winner

I think Victoria went to late. She should have won.

Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:19 pm
Selling plater

Possibly .... she made the same mistake as a certain other female rider did in the Cross Country, so in good company .
If she had failed to get round ... she would have been slated ...if she tailed off she would have been slated ... now because she didn't win she gets slated .
I say well done for getting a 28/1 chance to 5th !!

Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next