View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 National Hunt 2016/17 
Group 3 winner

Post National Hunt 2016/17
As a racing fan from Norway with an extra fondness for the National Hunt it isn't always easy to know when everything happens. Do you know when the NH season starts, and when the first big races are due?

I also followed the trainers championship last season. Do you know when it starts and when it ends?

Cheers in advance.

Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:28 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: National Hunt 2016/17
The National Hunt season Ends in real racing at Sandown Park End Of April which this year was the 23rd of April and started the new season Started Next Day there really is no break in NH anymore with Summer Jumping most trainers seem to say that Chepstow First Meeting in October is when the season really starts again which this year is 8th of October and the first major meeting will be at Cheltenham's two Day meeting starting October 21st this year.

Gray

Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:57 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 3 winner

Quote:
The National Hunt season Ends in real racing at Sandown Park End Of April which this year was the 23rd of April and started the new season Started Next Day there really is no break in NH anymore with Summer Jumping most trainers seem to say that Chepstow First Meeting in October is when the season really starts again which this year is 8th of October and the first major meeting will be at Cheltenham's two Day meeting starting October 21st this year.

Gray

Thank you very much. So the wait is soon over and I can look forward to Chepstow and Cheltenham in October then. And then I reckon the trainers championship has already started but they don't give it a real go until October?

Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:18 pm
Group 1 winner

Taunton wrote:
Quote:

Gray

Thank you very much. So the wait is soon over and I can look forward to Chepstow and Cheltenham in October then. And then I reckon the trainers championship has already started but they don't give it a real go until October?

The main trainers don't have many summer jumpers and the winter horses don't come out until around October and November not many big races in the summer and the trainers Championship is won by Prize Money unlike the Jockeys which is won by winners.

Gray

Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:50 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 2 winner

This season they've also moved the Welsh champion hurdle day at Ffos Las to October 15th so they can get some better ground. It means that with Chepstow on the 9th and Ffos Las on the 15th followed by Cheltenham the following week we actually get a pretty decent start to the jumps season proper with 3 weekends of good NH fixtures.

There's also a decent Sunday jumps card at Kempton on the 16th I believe. They have a listed novice hurdle and listed 2m hurdle where The New One usually starts his season off.

Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:51 pm
Group 3 winner

Thank you everyone. Now I can get ready for the new season!

Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:23 pm
Group 2 winner

Very interesting I've just seen Leoncavallo is in the care of Ben Pauling under the Bloomfields ownership name. Could this be a new partnership. I always loved the flat horses coming onto the jumps under Ferguson. Definitely add's something.

Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]