View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Should hazand gone for the leger. 
Handicapper

Post Should hazand gone for the leger.
Hazand was always a stamina horse did he throw away a great chance to get a third classic , I never thought I would see he run a mile 2 again surely there was going to be to much pace for him.

Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:10 pm
Selling plater

Post Re: Should hazand gone for the leger.
IMO he should have gone for the Prix Niel, over C&D of the Arc and would be intriguing to see how he would have performed against Midterm. The Irish Champions was too short for sure, but the St Leger is obviously a longer race and although he might have won it, it may have been a hard race, and with it being only 3 weeks until the Arc it wouldn't be worth the risk. I think they just wanted to get a run into him before the Arc, but the Niel would have been the perfect opportunity to test Harzand at the track and it looks a winnable race bar Midterm. To finally answer your question I think the Leger was probably the worst race out of the three to go for, they've got the run into him now and hopefully he'll perform better in the Arc

Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]