View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Sam Twiston-Davies 
Selling plater

Post Sam Twiston-Davies
I have watched this guy ride for a long while now and i have got to say it, I flat out don't like him as a jockey, He loses way too many races when he should be winning, Whenever i see this guy on a horse who looks to have a decent chance of winning i either Find one to beat him or just avoid the race

Just to be clear i do not like running anyone down but when things are as clear as daylight then i will at least say something

Paul Nicholls was winning a fair amount of races at the start of last season's national hunt calender when Sam Twiston Davies was injured but literally as soon as he came back all the winners stopped and that cannot be a coincidence

I wish the fella all the best for the future but i just don't see it being at Ditcheat

Does anyone have a view on him that differs from me???

Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:02 pm
Handicapper

Post Re: Sam Twiston-Davies
The lad is a superb jockey and he will be at Ditcheat for many years to come. Not sure where you got the "the winners dried up bit" from? I backed him to win the jockeys Championship in August last year and he would have given Dicky a real fight for the title if he didn't take a crashing fall at Chepstow and suffer a nasty injury (poor beast he was riding had to be put down) I think it was a Dr Newland trained horse? Before his injury he was riding winners left, right and centre.

No disrespect, but you seem a bit clueless.

Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:26 pm
Selling plater

Hawkhurst at Southwell!!!!

Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:00 pm
Handicapper

Hawkhurst is a complete hound!! Check out the career of said beast and you will see what I mean. I think the last race I saw him "running" in was a lowly handicap at Perth and he downed tools pretty early on!

Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:00 pm
Selling plater

I was more referring to Sam falling off after jumping the last in front at southwell on Hawkhurst, I don't like the jockey at all but if you do then that's up to you this game is all about opinions, p.s I'm not clueless as i have been watching horseracing for some 22 years!!!

Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:40 pm
Handicapper

Quote:
Re: Sam Twiston-Davies
I was more referring to Sam falling off after jumping the last in front at southwell on Hawkhurst, I don't like the jockey at all but if you do then that's up to you this game is all about opinions, p.s I'm not clueless as i have been watching horseracing for some 22 years!!!

I didn't mean completely clueless, rather like a football manager who doesn't know his best team. :) I've been following the game....for 22 years too! Master Oats winning the Gold Cup and other races at the 95 Cheltenham Festival got me hooked on the game.

As for Hawkhurst. He dogged it that day and jinked and almost bucked on the run in....trust me, he's a compete HOUND!
I also have theory on jockeys - punters place too much importance on them. Its 99% about the horse, if the horses lacks ability or isn't on a going day then no matter how good the jockey is, it won't be winning. I've seen the most mediocre of jockeys win races and get the better in tight finishes with some of the best jockeys around. I won't name them but initials SWC & LK are terrible in the saddle but they still get winners....Gold Cup & King George one of them and the other beat Cue Card & Paddy Brennan at Aintree last season. Like I say, its 99% the horse.

Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:15 pm
Handicapper

Sam, on Ballymalin today....lifted him home! 8)

Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:43 pm
Handicapper

Just gave Foxtail Hill an absolutely brilliant ride.

Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:24 pm
Handicapper

Sam, at Chelters today....pure class 8)

Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:35 pm
Handicapper

Seriously, how can anyone not rate this lad?

Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]