View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Winx to race overseas 
Group 1 winner

Post Winx to race overseas
This article dropped today - Chris Waller outlines plans for an overseas campaign with Europe and maybe America.

https://www.justhorseracing.com.au/news ... bal/403599

Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:39 am
Group 2 winner

Post Re: Winx to race overseas
Brilliant she'll be able to race against some proper horses now.

Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:40 pm
Handicapper

Hopefully Ribchester stays in training. Could you imagine Winx vs Ribchester vs Barney Roy in the Queen Anne next year?

Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:47 pm
Group 1 winner

Personally I am surprised they are planning to race her o/s.
But in saying that I am also happy that they are thinking of running her in a few races.
She is a freak and I hope she holds her form. She is just as good as Black Caviar - but she's not a sprinter.
I would say they will be aiming for 10f races or there abouts.

Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:29 am
Handicapper

I can see it now: Winter vs Winx in the Prince of Wales's Stakes, and Winter destroying Winx.

Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:06 pm
Group 1 winner

Degaussed wrote:
I can see it now: Winter vs Winx in the Prince of Wales's Stakes, and Winter destroying Winx.

You are under estimating Winx's ability. But that's ok - as long as your bookies do to then a lot of Aussies are going to help keep your economy propped up while she is over there :-)

Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:39 am
Group 1 winner

Thats if Winter is kept in training next year I rate Winx very highly she is all class

Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:00 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
Thats if Winter is kept in training next year I rate Winx very highly she is all class

No matter what country - any horse that wins 20 in a row - and I believe they are all Group races including the best Group 1 races in Australia - is a freak of a horse!

Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:08 pm
Handicapper

pjrhodes1970 wrote:

Hasn't it already been confirmed she will?

Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:53 pm
Group 1 winner

Should be interesting!
Knowing the European fondness for breeding, I doubt Winter will take on Winx.
Winter's stud potential with her breeding may be too much to risk - and the real test with fillies/mares is can they continue their form as 4yo?
Will be a great clash if they meet.

Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:27 am
Handicapper

NPG319 wrote:
Should be interesting!
Knowing the European fondness for breeding, I doubt Winter will take on Winx.
Winter's stud potential with her breeding may be too much to risk - and the real test with fillies/mares is can they continue their form as 4yo?
Will be a great clash if they meet.

This isn't really true. Winter's future at stud was guaranteed the second she was born; she's out of the greatest sire on the planet from a Choisir mare. She's now a dual Guineas winner and four times G1 winner over 1 mile and 10 furlongs, which means she's going to be an important part of Coolmore's future, like Found and Minding, and as such she has no stud value because she will never sold and nor will her offspring.

Even if there were a possibility she might be sold, there is literally nothing anyone could do to harm Winter's value now - she's won two classics!

Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:57 pm
Group 2 winner

Degaussed wrote:
NPG319 wrote:
This isn't really true. Winter's future at stud was guaranteed the second she was born; she's out of the greatest sire on the planet from a Choisir mare. She's now a dual Guineas winner and four times G1 winner over 1 mile and 10 furlongs, which means she's going to be an important part of Coolmore's future, like Found and Minding, and as such she has no stud value because she will never sold and nor will her offspring.

Even if there were a possibility she might be sold, there is literally nothing anyone could do to harm Winter's value now - she's won two classics!

It doesn't seem like you know your horse flesh son, winter shminter, what in gods name are you talking about! the boys are not talking about breeding prospects here, they are talking about "winx"......
A multie G1 winner and your talking about a four or five G1 winning winter, spring what ever the horses name is, well I hope you'll put your money where your gob is son!! when the time comes

Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:03 am
Group 1 winner

Winter seems to be a very good filly who has won some big races and is royally bred.
I am not sure they will put her up against Winx - if she beats Winx - who in a weeks time WILL be rated the worlds number 1 horse in the world - Winter will become a very sought after breeding prospect by the greatest stallions around the globe BUT if Winx gives her wind burn as she flys past and eases up near the line, then Winter just looks like a standard G1 filly/mare.
As you pointed out - her breeding alone guarantees Winter will have a long career breeding and living a charmed life.

Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:16 am
Handicapper

Tomas wrote:
Degaussed wrote:
NPG319 wrote:

It doesn't seem like you know your horse flesh son, winter shminter, what in gods name are you talking about! the boys are not talking about breeding prospects here, they are talking about "winx"......
A multie G1 winner and your talking about a four or five G1 winning winter, spring what ever the horses name is, well I hope you'll put your money where your gob is son!! when the time comes

NPG319 stated that Winter wouldn't take on Winx because it would affect Winter's stud value.

Don't worry, there will be plenty taking her on!

Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]