View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 The Arc 
Group 2 winner

Post The Arc
The race is really starting to hot up in the last week. Zarak did a good piece of work and looks like he'll be going for the race. Sir Michael Stoute seems to be training Ulysses for the race now. Aiden O'Brien has multiple entries and looks to run four. Although i hope Winter isnt one of them as i don't think she has a hope in hell's chance of staying. Cracksman is still unknown but to be honest its all a waste of time. Enable wins.

Early views?

Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:44 pm
Handicapper

Post Re: The Arc
No Oaks winner has ever won the Arc in the same season, so Enable has it all to do. She's been on the go since April, and she's had two hard Group 1 races in two months. I hope she bolts up because she's brilliant to watch, but she's not bulletproof (or maybe she is!).

I'm still a big fan of Brametot, and managed to get him at 20s just after his recent defeat. He suffered an injury during his defeat, and JCR's stable was in terrible form at the time, so I would forgive him that run entirely. His performance in the Jockey Club was stunning, in my opinion, and he'll be a player if match fit.

It's looking like a great race now with Order of St George, Highland Reel, Capri, Ulysses, Zarak et. al going. The ground will play a big part, though.

Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:46 pm
Handicapper

I really enjoy the Arc meeting, I've been a couple of times to Longchamp and this years card looks like its going to be superb!
I hope a few of you will be around Sunday and lets chip in with some selections and chat?

Enable has looked a world beater this season but her price reflects her chance. Ulysses has done me proud this season and seems to be continually underestimated thus I've managed to get on him at decent prices. This horse needs a really strongly run race to show his best and he's pretty much guaranteed to get that on Sunday. He was no match for Enable at Ascot but I can see him getting much closer this time around and I can even see him edging her out of it if Jim can time his run and come with one late crack at her.

Last edited by savio1978 on Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:07 pm
Handicapper

Frankie knows! 8)

https://mobile.twitter.com/itvracing/st ... 80/photo/1

Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:01 pm
Group 2 winner

Wow what a performance. Always thought she'd win but to win in that style against a good bunch of horses was special. Suppose we now know the reason Cracksmen didn't run.

Really hope she stays in training.

Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:16 pm
Handicapper

Superb performance! She won with so much in hand and even though I backed Ulysses EW I enjoyed watching her win. Like yourself, I hope she stays in training and I'm pretty confident she will because I think there is EVEN more to come from her.

Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:54 pm
Handicapper

My last post aged well. 8)

Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]