View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 National Hunt Horses to watch 2017-2018 
Selling plater

Post National Hunt Horses to watch 2017-2018
Here is a selection of horse who i am really excited to see in this upcoming season!!!!!!!

Douvan , The best steeplechaser in the land dismissing his rivals with contempt on every occasion bar one where he was found to have a painful injury, He will be Staying at 2 miles for his career so do not believe the lunatics who keep saying he will step up to 3 miles because it just isnt true, I fully believe this horse can go to a level few have witnessed in modern times!!!

French Crusader, I rarely get excited about horses i don't know who are unraced but noises from Seven Barrows keep persisting about this one and they are usually not far off, One to keep a sharp eye out for
Faugheen, The best Hurdler there is right now even allowing for his extended holiday, Lets not mess around he only needs to be 90% of the horse he was to see the bunch off who hope to claim his crown this year

Fayonagh, The bumper queen who looks like she is just extra special, Not sure what happened on her debut but as soon as Gorden Elliot got hold of her she was a completly different animal, Entered up in a maiden hurdle on saturday the odds will be skinny but the performance will be grand!!!!

Samcro, This horse has superstar written al over him, I'd go as far as to say he will have his name stamped on the Gold Cup roll of honour, He was winning 2 mile bumpers last year when you could clearly see stayer in the way he moved, It will take a very exceptional one to chin him in the Albert Bartlett Stayers this year and i think he's still a good price

Minutestomidnight, Got the better of Mystic Theatre at the Puchestown Festival and she must of impressed because Willie Mullins went and bought her straight after the race, No doubting she is smart and interesting to see what willie can make of her

Benie Des Dieux, The most impressive horse of last year anywhere in a maiden, She jumped fences like she'd been doing it in her sleep and for a first time that is rare, it only took the second fence to understand that her rivals were in desperate trouble which is almost unheard of, I cannot wait for this mare to appear, For me it will be Christmas when she is declared

Cracking Destiny, Another from the Hendo yard that noises are being heard about, She is a point to point winner and did it barely out of First gear, Bumpers or hurdle will be the order of the day for her

Flemenshill, Cost £480,000 and is half an hour from where i live down in Dorset, He won so easily on debut in a point to point that the price tag couldn't be lower than £300,000, I expect him to make his mark in the top hurdles

Juge Et Parti, A striking grey who is with Christian Williams, He won his bumper at Bangor so easy i had to watch it at least 10 times to believe it, Getting to the front easily and then sprinting and i do mean sprinting for the line it was remarkable to watch for a debut performance and he is entered up on friday at Warwick, I will be on whatever the odds because he just looked the mustard

Loveherandleaveher, The last hendo horse on the list but save the best........, Anyway Henderson says he adores her,She had two runs in point to points getting beaten to Big Penny who is now with Jonjo and then improving to win with ease second time up, She has done everything right so far and he is super excited about getting her on the track

Thistlecrack, Some people hate him and some people adore him, I have to say i adore him because he travels like the god of thunder and nothing short of dying can get by him, If he stays sound this year then heaven help them all

Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:52 am
Group 1 winner

Post Re: National Hunt Horses to watch 2017-2018
good write up

Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:39 am
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Thankyou Rhodes, Their are others but these are the best of the bunch!!!!

Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:28 pm
Handicapper

Will be very interesting to see how Juge Et Parti takes to the hurdles. Has a very nice, genuine running style.

Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:00 am
Selling plater

Juge Et Parti has skipped his engagement today (thought it was Friday), He must be ready to go soon though

Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:09 am
Group 2 winner

Two not so obvious ones.

I.'m a massive fan of BlowbyBlow - backed him for Albert Bartlett last year same again this year.

Topofthegame. Backed for the JLT. Going to make into a monster chaser.

Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:47 pm
Group 1 winner

Cant wait for real Racing to start and stop this flat racing so Booooorrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnngggg.

Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:54 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Selling plater

I think Mullins was the key to Blow By Blow and he may not be as good under Elliot, I agree simpleminds flat racing just makes me yawn and as soon as the jump season ends minus a few races i go on snooze mode for the flat season, Nothing worse than watching 20 plus runner sprint handicap where you haven't a prayer of picking the winner or watching something special, Total yawnfest!!!!

Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:31 am
Group 2 winner

I disagree regards blowbyblow. Hes only ran in bumpers for Willie so you've got nothing to go on saying he'll not be as good for Gordon. He'll be similar to Death Duty i predict. Will be seen at his best over a fence.

Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:39 am
Handicapper

two mcmanus horses, that i will be following. Hell's Kitchen and Jerrysback

Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:53 pm
Selling plater

Jerrysback is an interesting one, Hells Kitchen not so much, Blow By Blow i feel won't do a lot over hurdles because i don't think he's that type of horse maybe chasing but not hurdling

Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:05 pm
Selling plater

Flemenshill sadly passed away at Tizzards stable 3 weeks back rest in peace

Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]