View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 National Hunt Chat 
Group 2 winner

Post Re: National Hunt Chat
Really enjoyed the racing today some real nice performances. Thought River Wylde produced a nice performance in what will turn out a hot novice chase. He jumped like a seasoned handicapper and quickened clear nicely. Also liked the way Hell's Kitchen and War Sound ran. Hell's Kitchen settled much better and jumped fine, a step up back in trip will suit. War Sound ran a cracker also coming off an absence, I'm sure he'll fine a handicap in the future.

I think we've definitely seen a superstar in Nicky Henderson's Dame De Compagnie, it probably wasn't the strongest race but she looks really good jumping well and not coming off the bridle.

Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:14 pm
Group 2 winner

Another two impressive performances from novice chasers yesterday. Firstly Born Survivor who jumped like a pro. Dan Skelton really knows how to get a novice to jump. He's got some nice young novice chasers for the future. Secondly Benatar, didn't quite jump as well but improved as the race went on and won really nicely.. Love this time of the year.

Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:43 pm
Group 1 winner

Looking Forward to see how Willoughby Court runs in the novice Chase today The Unit will make it a good Race.

Gray

Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:34 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 2 winner

Some really good racing tomorrow. Really looking forward to Topofthegame. It looks a decent race. Paul certainty isn't taking it easy early up.

Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:05 pm
Selling plater

Unowhatimeanharry Saturday and Samcro Sunday, That's got my ears firmy pointing up!!!!!!

Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:48 am
Handicapper

I was really taken by Tidal Flow in the bumper at Newbury, travelled like a dream and picked up like a good horse. I will be keeping an eye out for any future races

Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:59 pm
Handicapper

Cap Soleil was very impressive today and beat a useful type hard on the snaff. Trainer doing a fantastic job with her, bringing her on more and more with each race. He seems to have knack with mares seeing as he trains another nice mare in Colin's Sister.

Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:32 pm
Group 2 winner

Happy with BlowByBlow's run today, room for some improvement with his jumping but over an extended trip that should improve. He's a 2m 1/2 + horse who can only improve for him run. Just lacked the speed in the finish. On another note Cause Toujors surely has an issue, he just isn't finishing his race off. Wouldn't be surprised if he's sent off for a wind op.

Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:39 pm
Group 2 winner

A great three days racing at Cheltenham a pity about the weather Saturday the day i when. Thought Apples Shakira was good although it wasn't much of a race with only Gumball to beat. Fox Norton was really impressive, id be definitely thinking about the Tingle Creek then King George. Elgin was a good winner, got a good ride and is improving with every run.

One final thing why can't trainers have horses ready early. Were nearly finished November and horses are no where near running. You hear trainers say they came in late. Should they all not be in early so there ready for say November.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:52 pm
Handicapper

Think the ground played a big factor on saturday and sunday so wouldn't trust that form entirely. But....Hope Apples Shakira is a good thing, on her @ 25s & 16s for the Triumph. Think the soft ground definitely helped her, thought she jumped a bit slow and big at times, so 2m on good ground in March would be a worry.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:07 pm
Group 2 winner

I really enjoyed the 'November meeting' at Cheltenham. Impressive performance by Apples Shakira and you'd expect her to be every bit as effective on better ground given her family. She's still very much a work in progress and learning her trade, but I think another couple of runs would put her spot on come March. The faster pace of a championship race would also aid her jumping, it can be difficult for novices to get into a rhythm off a slower gallop.

The highlight of Saturday was a win for Perfect Candidate, a regular at Cheltenham who fully deserved his moment in the spotlight. I have a real soft spot for the Fergal O'Brien team who are great with supporters on social media and often open their doors to let people in to see the horses in their yard, as long as you bring cake! :lol:

I was there on Sunday to see our Elite horse Elgin take his chance in the Greatwood, we werent dissapointed as he continues to improve and backed up his Ascot win just a fortnight ago. I dont think ive ever screamed so loud on the run-in as i did on Sunday afternoon. A nice touch by the stable lad to let a few of us Elite racing members take photos and give him a well deserved pat on the head by the wash down area after the race.

Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:24 am
Selling plater

I am keeping Fingers, Toes, Arms crossed that Douvan actually goes to the Tingle Creek, That will be like printing money and i also will actually go there, I like Sandown as it isn't greatly far from where i live, See if i can get a selfie with the legend!!!!!!

Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:06 am
Group 2 winner

Really looking forward to this weekend's racing some potentially really good races to come.

Yanworth vs Willoughby Court
Thistlecrack vs Youknowwhatimeanharry
The return of Buveur D'Air
The Hennessy (Can't bring myself to call it the Labrokes Trophy)
Nichols Canyon vs Apples Jade
Death Duty
And there's some cracking novice hurdles being run at Newbury on friday which is such to have plenty of future winners.

My early main fancies over the weekend are American, Vyta Du Roc and Black Op.

Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:13 pm
Group 1 winner

Hi lads here is a batch of horses just named by Gigginstown you might be interested in
they turn 4 soon and should be hitting the track soon just thought you might be interested

upload free

Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:20 am
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

Great weekend of racing with some good performances. I thought Willoughby Court was really good, produced a much better jumping display and was always holding Yanworth. As for Yanworth he ran okay but his jumping isn't going to be perfect, i'd give him one more go then get him back over hurdles to target the World Hurdle. The return of Thistlecrack wasn't a great one, for all he showed some old sparkle i just wasn't convinced. uknowwhatimeanharry is a solid performer and should really have been winning. Buveur D'Air simple task proved just tha he was super impressive and is only getting better. Total Recall was a decent winner of the Ladbrokes trophy although Whisper proved he is a group horse running a huge race giving weight away. Apples Jade was impressive but she should be receiving the weight (which i don't think mares should) and Nichols Canyon didn't jump well enough in the closing stages but back to 3miles will definitely suit. Death Duty was really good, he's only going to do as much as he has to and he jumped super. I just have a bad feeling he needs soft ground for him to be at his best. Santini also has a big future after winning the 2m 4f novice hurdle.

Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next