View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Caravaggio 
Selling plater

Post Caravaggio
I might sound a little mad saying this but i think Caravaggio will floor Harry Angel tomoz, There have been factors to the defeats of Caravaggio this season, One being the wrong racing shoes being fitted and Newmarkets track which to my eye he totally hated (Changing legs all over the show), I believe this horse needs a flat track such as Ascot because the twice he's gone there he's won, He proved he is back to his best when winning over 5f in his last race and for me i cannot see past him, I don't like Harry Angel simply because i think he is a hugely hyped horse with some people already crowning him a sprint champion and saying he's the best sprinter we have seen in the last decade but yet Caravaggio has already beaten him comfy, The mind boggles!!!!

Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:23 pm
Group 2 winner

Post Re: Caravaggio
Over hyped have you been watching different races? He's been so impressive. I believe Harry Angel has improved so much since the Commonwealth Cup. He seems to be the complete horse now.

Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:48 pm
Group 2 winner

Well it's all about opinions isn't it. I will be very suprised if Caravaggio gets within 3 lengths of Harry Angel tomorrow.
Even if Caravaggio is the same horse as he was at Ascot in June I believe Harry Angel has improved enormously since then. If you use Blue Point as a reliable yardstick, which I think he is, Harry Angel beat him 1/2 length at Ascot and 8l at Haydock. Caravaggio and Blue Point both had far more racing as 2 year olds and I think Ascot in June was as good as either was ever going to be (still very high class form) whereas Harry Angel has always given the impression of being a slower developer.
Add in the ground which is fine for Harry Angel and an unknown for Caravaggio and I know where my money would go. The bigger dangers may be the soft ground specilists like The Tin Man and Quiet Reflection but I think Harry Angel is a bit special amongst the best crop of sprinters we have had in many a year.

Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:50 pm
Handicapper

I'll be shocked if Caravaggio even places tomorrow.

Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:04 pm
Handicapper

PeterS94 wrote:
Over hyped have you been watching different races? He's been so impressive. I believe Harry Angel has improved so much since the Commonwealth Cup. He seems to be the complete horse now.

Not to mention that he has won on both extremes of going. He is a high-class colt who will be very tough to beat tomorrow. Caravaggio is a good horse, but I think he peaked at 2 and in the early part of the year. I know he won his last race, but that was against a filly rated 29lbs inferior and she's hardly boosted the form since.

Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:10 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I dont think Harry Angel has been overhyped he is an exceptional horse and the
one to beat tomorrow but would not be writing off Cara

Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:18 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Just as i said, Harry Angel is overhyped to the heavens, He wins donkey races at haydock by big margins and then gets slammed on his next start, Some champion there, Caravaggio ran a fine swansong race but he always seems to need extra then 6f

Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:17 pm
Group 2 winner

You really are a clown. If you remember early season there was only 1 horse getting over hyped early season and that was Caravaggio. There both really good horses but Harry Angel has won group 1s against older sprinters Caravaggio hasn't.

Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:49 pm
Handicapper

So you refuse to mention his victory in the July Cup when he defeated Limato who was the best sprinter in Europe last year. Harry Angel, despite today's defeat, has proved himself to be the best sprinter in Europe this season. Caravaggio was hailed as the fastest horse they've ever had at Ballydoyle yet it is he who has failed to convince.

Caravaggio won't be around next season because he's owner just want to make money at stud; but you watch Harry Angel win all the big sprint prizes next season once he matures again over the winter.

Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:40 pm
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

I can't wait till some one entices the owner of Harry Angel to Australia next year to run in the Everest, I am going to invest $8000 to say his nose will cross the line first :wink:

He will be a champion 4 year old by then.

Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:31 pm
Group 1 winner

Nasty Nas8 wrote:
So you refuse to mention his victory in the July Cup when he defeated Limato who was the best sprinter in Europe last year. Harry Angel, despite today's defeat, has proved himself to be the best sprinter in Europe this season. Caravaggio was hailed as the fastest horse they've ever had at Ballydoyle yet it is he who has failed to convince.

Caravaggio won't be around next season because he's owner just want to make money at stud; but you watch Harry Angel win all the big sprint prizes next season once he matures again over the winter.

You have always been anti Coolmore/Ballydoyle mate you have never had a good word to say about them once
Breeding is their business and it employs thousands of people added to the fact that Scat Daddy has left
a massive hole most people can comprehend why they would want Caravaggio to goto stud anyway
I thought the last few posts were about Harry Angel about to become a champion sprinter well IMO
he still is he ran an average race well guess what they are not machines IMO Harry Angel should rightly be
the European champion sprinter of 2017 and thats me saying it as i see it no other agenda.

Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:14 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

It will take time but hopefully sooner than later these Euro, American and Asian sprinters will make their way to Oz for the Everest.
The early they come the better their chance of taking the cash.
Horses that don't have to prove their worth to be an automatic entry have the best chance of winning the Everest as they can tailor their programme to be ready for the race.

Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:36 am
Group 1 winner

NPG319 wrote:
It will take time but hopefully sooner than later these Euro, American and Asian sprinters will make their way to Oz for the Everest.
The early they come the better their chance of taking the cash.
Horses that don't have to prove their worth to be an automatic entry have the best chance of winning the Everest as they can tailor their programme to be ready for the race.

I have no doubt that the Everest will become one of the worlds leading G1 races and a race that
naturally will be targeted by European horses as its situated perfectly in the calendar and the Prizemoney
that even a placed horse would receive will be very attractive still think the homeguard will be tough to beat
though.

Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:29 am
Profile WWW
Handicapper

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
You have always been anti Coolmore/Ballydoyle mate you have never had a good word to say about them once
Breeding is their business and it employs thousands of people added to the fact that Scat Daddy has left
a massive hole most people can comprehend why they would want Caravaggio to goto stud

It's not very sporting though, is it? What's the difference between him going to stud next year or the following one? They basically retired him at the start of the year; how is that even logical? They made bold claims about how quick and scopey he is yet they want to pack him off to stud as quickly as they can.

I applaud Harry Angel's connections for keeping him training for another year. I guess we can always look forward to seeing Caravaggio's offspring on the track for the best part of six months before they join their sire at stud.

Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:46 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Nasty Nas8 wrote:
pjrhodes1970 wrote:
a massive hole most people can comprehend why they would want Caravaggio to goto stud

It's not very sporting though, is it? What's the difference between him going to stud next year or the following one? They basically retired him at the start of the year; how is that even logical? They made bold claims about how quick and scopey he is yet they want to pack him off to stud as quickly as they can.

I applaud Harry Angel's connections for keeping him training for another year. I guess we can always look forward to seeing Caravaggio's offspring on the track for the best part of six months before they join their sire at stud.

OK just one example to pluck out of the air what was the reason for Juddmonte to retire Kingman as a 3 year old?
An exceptional horse that was only getting better with age was that sporting.

We will agree to disagree not going to have a slanging match on a game forum but its always been clear to me
that you make double standard quotes and are completely anti Coolmore/Ballydoyle/O'Brien and sadly you cant
hide the sound of bitter jealousy from your posts though you might try best of luck to you my friend.

I have my ties to an owner and trainer but when I see a good horse I appreciate the horse no matter who trains
owns rides looks after them my point of view is never ever tarnished by who the connections are in fact I have
greatly appreciated the performances of Enable Harry Angel and many more this season.

Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:27 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next