View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Caravaggio 
Handicapper

Post Re: Caravaggio
pjrhodes1970 wrote:
OK just one example to pluck out of the air what was the reason for Juddmonte to retire Kingman as a 3 year old?
An exceptional horse that was only getting better with age was that sporting.

We will agree to disagree not going to have a slanging match on a game forum but its always been clear to me
that you make double standard quotes and are completely anti Coolmore/Ballydoyle/O'Brien and sadly you cant
hide the sound of bitter jealousy from your posts though you might try best of luck to you my friend.

I have my ties to an owner and trainer but when I see a good horse I appreciate the horse no matter who trains
owns rides looks after them my point of view is never ever tarnished by who the connections are in fact I have
greatly appreciated the performances of Enable Harry Angel and many more this season.

Injury forced their hand with Kingman. He would have stayed in training as a four-year-old, otherwise, like Frankel and Workforce did.

Show me were I have been derogatory about Caravaggio? I actually think he is a handsome specimen, along with Churchill. My problem with Coolmore is racing comes secondary to breeding; and then we have the PR machine that goes with it. I want to see Caravaggio stay in training. Despite what you think, I like the colt.

Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:03 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

He had a throat infection that ruled him out of the QEII not his 4YO Campaign

I respect your opinion and point of view but before making such a bold statement like
you did about Caravaggio going to stud when Juddmonte did the very same thing with
Kingman it reeks of double standards and just sounds completely hypocritical thats my
only point. Breeding is their business it pays the bills.

In an ideal world you would like to see every G1 winning horse stay in training. But
in the real world it does not work that way unfortunately.

Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:07 am
Profile WWW
Handicapper

pjrhodes1970 wrote:

I respect your opinion and point of view but before making such a bold statement like
you did about Caravaggio going to stud when Juddmonte did the very same thing with
Kingman it reeks of double standards and just sounds completely hypocritical thats my

In an ideal world you would like to see every G1 winning horse stay in training. But

I never said anything about his throat infection. There is quite a bit that never makes it into the public domain.

Despite their stature and the fact they are revered worldwide as a breeding operation, Juddmonte are not commercial. Which is why they keep horses in training beyond their Classic year; Flintshire, Frankel, New Bay, Twice Over and Workforce being prime examples of this. In fact, the last three-year-old I can remember being retired for stud reasons was Oasis Dream back in 2003.

I enjoy racing. I'm a snob because I only really take an interest in the top level racing; but it's ever so frustrating when horses are retired so soon. It's why I sometimes envy those who follow national hunt racing.

At the end of the day, my point is horses are retired too soon to an already overcrowded market. I commented recently about my views on how many stallions and mares are mated each year. To me, there has to be a cap in order to protect the sport.

Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:59 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Nasty Nas8 wrote:
pjrhodes1970 wrote:

I never said anything about his throat infection. There is quite a bit that never makes it into the public domain.

Despite their stature and the fact they are revered worldwide as a breeding operation, Juddmonte are not commercial. Which is why they keep horses in training beyond their Classic year; Flintshire, Frankel, New Bay, Twice Over and Workforce being prime examples of this. In fact, the last three-year-old I can remember being retired for stud reasons was Oasis Dream back in 2003.

I enjoy racing. I'm a snob because I only really take an interest in the top level racing; but it's ever so frustrating when horses are retired so soon. It's why I sometimes envy those who follow national hunt racing.

At the end of the day, my point is horses are retired too soon to an already overcrowded market. I commented recently about my views on how many stallions and mares are mated each year. To me, there has to be a cap in order to protect the sport.

Fair points mate lovely debut from Contingent

whats your thoughts on juveniles getting retired to stud i find that hard to fathom

Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:06 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
whats your thoughts on juveniles getting retired to stud i find that hard to fathom

It's wrong. Dark Angel, Holy Roman Emperor and Zebedee immediately spring to mind. The colts haven't even had a chance to mature and already they are being asked to mate older mares. Now, I know some two-year-old's don't train on and are simply precocious, but you have to give them a chance to prove it. There is far too much precocity in racing these days. Everyone just wants to breed and promote speed which results in horses being retired before reaching full maturity.

Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:27 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2