View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Well - That's a joke! 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Well - That's a joke!
qwsa wrote:
I didn’t say he wasn’t! But at no point was he the best in the world, and the competition he faced when coming to Europe was tougher than he faced in Australia, is it really that disputable to suggest middle distance racing in Australia is not of as higher standard as it is in Europe??

Our Australian friends could say the same about our sprinters a division they have domianted for decades yet no one is crying
that Harry Angel is no good because he has not raced in Australia and no one is saying he is no good because he has not beaten
anmAustralasian G1 winner Winx Has Highland Reel in her form lines (not a bad yardstick) and if i remember correctly So You Think
beat an Arc and Derby winner quite handily in the Eclipse.

Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:03 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I’m not saying winx is a bad horse! She’s a brilliant horse, she’s won 22 straight races, I’m saying that doesn’t necessatily make her the best in the world, which was the original point that it’s a joke that longines don’t have her top. I don’t think she deserves the title of best horse in the world as Australian fans would without question say, that doesn’t mean I don’t think she’s a great horse, and I’d love to see her run against the other best turf horses around.

Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:09 am
Group 2 winner

I agree with a lot what's been said, Winx is a great horse but no way should she be named the best horse in the world. Some of the horses she's racing against probably wouldn't win group 2 or 3's in europe. Folkswood finished 5lengths behind and he is only a listed horse in england, Sir Isaac Newton another running in group 1's when he's just a group 3 performer in europe. I'd expect both Enable and Cracksman to beat her.

Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:38 pm
Group 1 winner

qwsa wrote:
I didn’t say he wasn’t! But at no point was he the best in the world, and the competition he faced when coming to Europe was tougher than he faced in Australia, is it really that disputable to suggest middle distance racing in Australia is not of as higher standard as it is in Europe??

You also have to remember that AOB publically apologised to Bart Cummings for not listening to his advice on how to handle So You Think - So You Think would have won a couple of more Euro G1s if AOB had just listened to Bart in the first place.

Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:15 pm
Group 1 winner

There is a retired horse in Australia that Winx could never beat as a 3yo - injury force it's retirement.
I'm with Paul on this one - and this has irked me for some time now - Australia does have the best sprinters in the world - Australia has the richest sprint races in the world but we will never see a Euro or American horse out here - and you know why - because the owners don't have the guts to put their horses phony breeding career on the line!
The Everest is reported to be worth $15million aud next year - a max field of 12 - so no excuses. But we wont see 'Europe's best' because the average Euro horse has 12 or so starts - picks low hanging fruit and is retired to the barn asap.
Our milers to 12f horses have been very good for sometime now - our very best can match it anywhere - it's just why ship your horse to England for Australian G3 or Listed prize money in an English G1?
What you lot do have over us is stayers - we are miles off the mark! AOB and his lad will plunder us for years to come.

Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:37 pm
Group 1 winner

It appears that a one Joseph O'Brien rode So You Think in his last three starts.

Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2