View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Cheltenham 2018 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Cheltenham 2018
legendary please delete the swear word in your last post swearing is a breach of Marks forum rules

Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:18 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

legendary wrote:
All things considered i will be on Faugheen because if he shows up at Cheltenham then he will hammer them plain and simple, Buvair D'air is a good horse but he wont find an awful lot off the bridle once asked, He has looked amazing because he has beaten crap this year but once he meets a real horse he's going to have to fight and he's not used to doing that, I think it's a bit harsh to say Willie Mullins lies because he doesn't seem to be the type, He may say things that are true at the time but change in a couple of days or weeks but we are dealing with Animals not machines (except Faugheen of course) and things can rapidly change with them, Last year was as poor a Champion hurdle as you will find in recent history, It was dreadful, When Yanworth goes off fave your know the race can't be great

If Faugheen shows up at Cheltenham it's because he's in the condition to do so, but it doesn't mean he will be as good as he was two years ago. Please name me a person or animal in sport who spent two years out of their game and came back every bit as good as before their injury.

The notion that Buveur doesn't find a lot off the bridle is baseless.

Mullins has perennially proven himself untrustworthy.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:43 am
Handicapper

legendary wrote:
i can't understand why people would ever slag off a horse who has won 13 out of 15 races and to call him overhyped it's just something you'd hear in the madhouse

Yet, you're not overly keen on an improving 7yo who has won 12 out of 15 races?

legendary wrote:
Buvair D'air is a good horse but he wont find an awful lot off the bridle once asked, He has looked amazing because he has beaten crap this year but once he meets a real horse he's going to have to fight and he's not used to doing that

legendary wrote:
Peter when Buvair D'air's bubble is firmly burst in March don't say you were not warned!!!

Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:50 am
Selling plater

This game is about opinions and to me Buvair D'air still needs to prove himself!!!!, A 100% fully fit Machine that is Faugheen will make him do just that!!!!

Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:56 am
Selling plater

Didn't realize that had slipped in their rhodes, Thanks for the heads up!!!

Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:57 am
Group 1 winner

Degaussed wrote:
legendary wrote:
All things considered i will be on Faugheen because if he shows up at Cheltenham then he will hammer them plain and simple, Buvair D'air is a good horse but he wont find an awful lot off the bridle once asked, He has looked amazing because he has beaten crap this year but once he meets a real horse he's going to have to fight and he's not used to doing that, I think it's a bit harsh to say Willie Mullins lies because he doesn't seem to be the type, He may say things that are true at the time but change in a couple of days or weeks but we are dealing with Animals not machines (except Faugheen of course) and things can rapidly change with them, Last year was as poor a Champion hurdle as you will find in recent history, It was dreadful, When Yanworth goes off fave your know the race can't be great

If Faugheen shows up at Cheltenham it's because he's in the condition to do so, but it doesn't mean he will be as good as he was two years ago. Please name me a person or animal in sport who spent two years out of their game and came back every bit as good as before their injury.

The notion that Buveur doesn't find a lot off the bridle is baseless.

Mullins has perennially proven himself untrustworthy.

The are several sports people who came back after 2 year injury and
came back as good as before Alan Shearer for one

By the way was not a 2 year injury he raced in 2016

Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:21 am
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

Legendary if you came up with valid reason Buveur D'Air wont win id listen but you've just made things up. Like him not finding off the bridle, with is just wrong. If he doesn't find off the bridle he won't have won last year. If Buveur D'Air still has to prove himself surely Faugheen has to prove himself after that previous run. You'r just blinkered in terms off Faugheen. I'd backed Faugheen in the past but id much rather back a horse that is proven and still improving.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:14 pm
Handicapper

What do people think of Faugheen now?

Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:06 pm
Group 1 winner

Degaussed wrote:
What do people think of Faugheen now?

disappointing again not the same horse and while i think Buveur D'Air was
less than convincing today he will take all the beating at Cheltenham

Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:11 pm
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

Faugheen is finished, may aswell be retired now. As for Buveur D'air if sure him having to make his own running wont have helped. As for yorkhill, theyve ruined the horse.

Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:29 am
Group 1 winner

People are took quick to write horses off i will give him another chance and at
8/1 he is decent value

Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:33 pm
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

He's just not as good as he was and has no chance of beating Buveur D'Air. He's been beat off a 3m stayer which isn't great.

Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:36 pm
Group 3 winner

What an exiting Gold Cup today. Massive performance from Edwulf. The Cheltenham Gold Cup is wide open.

Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:47 pm
Group 2 winner

Really annoys me when a trainer tries to find excuses for a horse after they've been beat without any reasons. Bristol De Mai now has a wind problem but suprising that wind didn't affect him when bolting up in the betfair. Its just he's meeting better horses now compared to the start of the season. After the King George, the excuse was he needed softer ground but now he's aimed at the Bowl at Aintree which is most certain to be good ground..

Love how Legendary isn't to be seen after Faugheen haha

Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:14 pm
Handicapper

I know what you mean Peter. Bristol De Mai is simply a flat track, heavy ground bully, when he doesn't get those conditions, he's exposed as just a handicapper. Connections making excuses for him doesn't change this fact.
As for Legendary, he's posted a few things on here before that he's been completely wrong about. My advice is whatever he says, do the exact opposite!

Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next