View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Australian Racing 
Group 1 winner

Yep, Toorak Toff won pretty impressively from Squamosa who pulled a Starspangledbanner and picked up a ban for his jockey.

Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:20 pm
Handicapper

Will bring this back to life as Spring racing begins to kick off this weekend with some big names coming back.

Horses to watch...
Rosehill Race 2 - Bellagio Wynn, flew home from last for a solid place last start, extra distance suits and will get back and run home solidly.

Rosehill Race 5 - Sees some smart two year olds from last season line up against each other as 3yo's. Karuta Queen was one of the hottest 2yo around until disappointing in its last two starts of the campaign, I think the favourite Foxwedge would prefer a bit more distance, while Anise is bred for speed and is very good value. Darley stable as well so is in good hands.

Rosehill Race 6 - Watch to see how Pressday performs, a good run here (probably a place with a very strong finish) will see the trainer line him up for a tilt at the Cox Plate.

Caulfield Race 3 - Return of super 2yo Sepoy, would be surprised at anything worse than a win.

Caulfield Race 4 - Much more interesting 3yo race, three way clash between Glissade, Mosheen and Satin Shoes, Glissade is impeccably bred and I hope to see it go on to the Caulfield Guineas if it puts a good showing in here.

Caulfield Race 6 - Clash of Whobegotyou (noted bridesmaid) and the exciting 4yo undefeated Lights of Heaven, both will be looking for 2000m races and this is just a build up to better things but it will be an interesting clash. German horse Budai makes his Australian debut in this race too so will be interesting to see how he runs as he's entered for the big three, Cox Plate, Caulfield Cup and Melbourne Cup.

Caulfield Race 7 - Most open race of the day, could spring a surprise result. I'm leaning towards Rue Maple to go one better than its last three starts, but its a top field even if a lot of these horses will be looking for further. If its run at a true pace this could see one of the longer distance horses catching the sprinters on the line.

Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:32 pm
Group 1 winner

I watched Sepoy last year, but not the race he got beat in??

What I can tell you is Id love to be a bookmaker in Australia, the figures are HUGE!!

Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:20 pm
Group 1 winner

Interesting! McEvoy has said Sepoy is the horse he is most looking forward to riding this season, might have to watch that when I get in!! Can't believe whobegotyou is still going! I remember when I went over in 2009 as my Grandparents live in Glen Huntley which is 5 mins walk from Caulfield racecourse, backed it twice in the Liston and the Memsie and it was second twice! :? !! Haven't heard of Lights Of Heaven although form looks decent? Is it Liston day today or have they changed the name of it?? I see the old John Oxx inmate Mourayan is in there as well, Budai has some good form as well, 2nd in a Prix Dollar and a 2nd behind Vision D'Etat in Germany, looks like a good race!

Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:21 pm
Handicapper

Cant wait for the aus racing to return. Last year was the 1st full year of watching racing down under and will definitely be watching again this year.

We dont get much coverage but im hoping that atr will be showing the big races tonight. Problem has been recently that coverage starts at 2am but the racing doesnt start until around 3am so we only get 3 hours of racing before they cut it off at 6. I wish they would show all the racing as it will be finished by around 8ish and they dont have anything on the channel.

Sepoy looks a class act and he demolished the opposition every time he won. Foxwedge, Satin Shoes, Karuta Queen and Mosheen are horses im very familiar with but i dont remember Glissade but will look out to see how he fares.

Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:08 pm
Handicapper

Sepoy ran into a very wet track for his defeat and the owner has said he wont hesitate to withdraw him if he thinks the track is too wet.

Im pretty sure its liston day today and they have renamed it. whobe has an awesome record or running second first up over this distance!

Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:49 am
Group 1 winner

Both Sepoy and Whobegotyou won!! About time Whobe!! 6yo and still going strong!

Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:33 am
Selling plater

I have just moved to Oz from England and would really appreciate some help getting into the racing down under espeically with the Melbourne Gold Cup around the corner so any help/tips would be much appreciated

Thanks

Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:25 am
Handicapper

Hi Guys,

I have just moved to Oz from England and would really appreciate some help getting into the racing down under espeically with the Melbourne Gold Cup around the corner so any help/tips would be much appreciated

Thanks

Giddys your man for this mate. All i can say is that Aus racing is of the highest order and is always exciting to watch. Sepoy is out on Friday so will be good to see him in action and its a big day of racing at on Saturday aswell with the Epsom the main race.

Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:38 pm
Handicapper

The Manikato will be shown on atr during get on tomorrow.

Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:26 pm
Handicapper

Dont forget the turnbull earlier today. really blessed with quality races this time of year. gutted i didnt back december draw antepost for the caulfield cup. could get 25's before spring started and that was great value based off our he ended autumn. currently 3-1 for the caulfield cup now and the field isnt even decided.

Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:38 pm
Group 1 winner

I know Black Caviar obviously takes the headlines for the weekend, but I couldn't have been more impressed by Helmet.
To break the race record was good enough, but to do it from the front, setting equal fractions, all of them sub-twelve, then take three lengths out of the field at the top of the straight and still dig in in the final furlong to fend off Manawanui was a really top class performance, probably even north of the 125 mark. Can't be many better winning performances of the Caulfield Guineas, and I seem to recall the role of honour isn't a bad one at that.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUB0Duxher0
The cheekpieces certainly seem to be keeping his quirky side under wraps, but I kind of miss the fact he used to make Dream Ahead look like a choirboy!!

Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:10 pm
Group 1 winner

Hmmm, that Manawanui is an absolute monster. He could run into a house and come off better. He struggled changing legs off the bend and lost the crucial ground. I'd definitely give him another chance, especially over further.

Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:38 pm
Handicapper

The thiusand guineas winner atlantic jewel is even more impressive. ran 0.5 a second slower than helmet and she was eased up before the line. freakish performance.

Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:30 pm
Group 1 winner

Sepoy posted a good performance tonight running into a headwind at Caulfield. He's all class.

Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:52 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next