View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 7:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 317 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 22  Next
 Black Caviar 
Group 1 winner

another deverstating display today she is awsome

Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:13 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Watched it before I went to work this morning, extremely impressive!

Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:01 pm
Handicapper

Post Re: Black Caviar
Black Caviar makes her return tomorrow morning in the uk. The race is on at about 9:15. Dont know if atr are showing it but will get up to see if they do.

Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:34 am
Handicapper

I will be at the Valley tonight to see Black Caviar win her 17th. Can't see anything in the field beating it. Nor can the bookies, its about 1.04 for the win at the moment.

Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:24 am
Group 1 winner

Will run this weekend and the first time over 7f. Trainer has said she needs to win this race if they consider coming to Ascot so fingers crossed

Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:25 pm
Group 1 winner

goldern shaheen also considered on dubai world cup night

Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:52 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Black Caviar will face a quality field this Saturday over 1400m in the C.F.Orr Stakes at Caufield. The field includes:

Efficient - (G1)Melbourne Cup & (G1)Turnbull Stakes winner

Playing God - 2x (G1) Kingston Town Classic winner

Southern Speed - (G1) Caufield Cup winner & last start Listed winner over 1400m

Precedence - (G2) Moonee Valley Cup winner

Midas Touch - who a lot of you on this forum are probably aware of

Yet I believe she will still win winding down by at least 2L.

Edit: I will be there for 'work' so should be great to see.

Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:39 pm
Group 1 winner

TysonM wrote:
Black Caviar will face a quality field this Saturday over 1400m in the C.F.Orr Stakes at Caufield. The field includes:

bizzare that they have put midas touch in a 7 furlong race he will get hopelessly outpaced
i thought caufield cup was over 1m4f so why is Southern Speed - in race
and why would you put a melbourne cup runner in a sprint race
she will romp home with very little effort again

Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:04 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

pjrhodes1970 wrote:

bizzare that they have put midas touch in a 7 furlong race he will get hopelessly outpaced

Yeah pj not many in the race are 7f horses just nice to see some good horses in a Caviar race for once. Would be nice to see the likes of Helmet, Sepoy and Manawanui take on the great mare but I don't think we will see it.

On a side note Efficient, Playing God, Midas Touch, Danzylum(x6), Doubtful Jack and Southern Speed(x2) have all won over 7f but none have the pace of Caviar or have been in a 7f race with a horse anywhere near her quality. The only horse that may get anywhere near her could be Southern Speed who does have a turn of foot.

Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:23 pm
Handicapper

Taken from AAPMegaform

'Regular jockey Luke Nolen has put a concise seal of approval on champion mare Black Caviar as she prepares to step into uncharted territory at Caulfield on Saturday.
After riding the mare in her final serious gallop at Caulfield on Tuesday morning, Nolen said Black Caviar was ready for her first test at 1400m in Saturday's CF Orr Stakes.

"She is absolutely first class," Nolen said.

Black Caviar will be attempting to record her 18th win from as many starts in Saturday's race, the first in which she has been asked to run beyond 1200m.

But Nolen dismissed any concerns. "She'll be as effective, if not more, at 1400," he said. "I can't see any reason why anybody should be worried about it. "She went for a little spin this morning and she'll be perfect for Saturday."

Nolen also expressed confidence in Black Caviar taking on the world, possibly in Dubai next month, saying he would be ready to ride her wherever she raced. "She could be going around the backyard pulling a cart and I'd be there with her," he said.'

Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:30 pm
Handicapper

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
TysonM wrote:

In Aus a lot of trainers will run horses over shorter distances to prepare them for the race they are going for. Although a lot of horses that leave England for Oz run over shorter as they train them for speed.
Imposing( now Im Imposing) who was a contender for 1m4f races over here runs over 7f/1m over there. Same with the ex Noseda horse, cant remember the name but won the Gordon stakes over here i think and runs over there over 7f. Very weird what they do and tbh they have ruined 2 very good animals that i think if where still over here would have won some decent races.

Rebel Soldier was the Noseda horse.

Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:09 am
Handicapper

niallmcfc wrote:
pjrhodes1970 wrote:
TysonM wrote:

In Aus a lot of trainers will run horses over shorter distances to prepare them for the race they are going for. Although a lot of horses that leave England for Oz run over shorter as they train them for speed.
Imposing( now Im Imposing) who was a contender for 1m4f races over here runs over 7f/1m over there. Same with the ex Noseda horse, cant remember the name but won the Gordon stakes over here i think and runs over there over 7f. Very weird what they do and tbh they have ruined 2 very good animals that i think if where still over here would have won some decent races.

Rebel Soldier was the Noseda horse.

You're absolutely right, almost all the horses in this race are gearing up for the Autumn Carnival. They'll race anywhere from 1m1f to 2m depending on which horse we are talking about.

I would say 5 or 6 of these horses are being prepared for the Australian Cup on the 10th March which is run over 2000m (1m2f)

Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:35 am
Group 1 winner

when midas touch was at ballydoyle they were preparing him for the st leger and they thought as a older
horse he would stay 2-2m4f so to put a horse like that over 7 is a joke i have great respect for aussie
racing but find midas touch's decleration for this race pure crazy his maiden as a 2yo was over 1mile (at 2) :shock:
i understand giving a horse a prep run but to do that to a horse that finished 5th in epsom derby and runner up in irsh derby its
just like they dont care about him.

he was a very decent middle distance 3yo but since his move to aus he has been run at 6f 7f 8f 10f he would want at least 12-14f
or 2400-2800 or ideal would be 3200 i bet they are trying to lower his handicap rating

black caviar will beat him by 30 lengths and make a decent horse look like steptoes donkey pure madness and with respect just poor
management (or very clever management if the idea is to lower rating)i am a huge fan of australian racing love it just found this to be a
poor show what price is midas i would lay 10,000/1

Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:41 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Awesome horse destroyed them again, Cecil said Frankel has the pace for 6, lets have it... Diamond Jubilee... If not 7f is viable sill do it Moody and Cecil, people saying it can't happen are talking rubbish, Frankel has the speed for 6/7, Caviar's not going to step up to 1600 or more, Interesting to hear the Aussie commentators thoughts, one thinks Frankel going off like a train would have Caviar out of her comfort zone, the other thought Frankel would have no chance but we know that's just Aussie pride shining through. I couldn't call it at the moment, but it needs to happen. DO IT CECIL AND MOODY!

Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:42 am
Handicapper

Amazing again, I thought Nolan may have had to put a bit of pressure on her but she just cantered in.

Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:08 am
Reply to topic   [ 317 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 22  Next