View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 317 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next
 Black Caviar 
Group 1 winner

Post Black Caviar
Equine jesus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6G2-IbpntY

Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:09 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Need to watch the videos of the 2nd horse Hay List to understand how impressive this is.

What I don't understand is how the Australian sprinters seem to be much more consistent than the UK and European counterparts. It does suggest to me a lack of strength in depth (like Overdose cleaning house in Hungary) rather than a superfreak. Doesnt look like she'll be coming to the UK anytime soon though.

Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:40 pm
Group 1 winner

Only thing is trainer and owner have both said he wont be coming to Ascot :(

Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:20 pm
Group 1 winner

Understandable though. It's a massive trip

Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:59 pm
Group 1 winner

I can understand it, I wouldn't be best pleased if one of our top horses was sent abroad to run it's races, it just doesn't have the same edge on it for me.

Aussie sprinters are much better than ours, they're more powerful both physically and are more advanced than our horses (southern hemisphere) so they peak alot sooner than our horses are brought along to peak at.

I would take EVS now NRNB on Black Caviar turning up at Royal Ascot and absolutely slaughtering anything we have, be it this year or next (next looking most likely).

Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:05 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

I live in australia and she is definately the best sprinting mare we have seen down here. Put it this way, she was cantering and hardly got out of 2nd gear and she put 5 lengths on Hay List, which is our second biggest sprinter in the land.
Not sure how much coverage you all get in the UK with australian racing but she has a Full Brother 3yo called Moshe he has won 2 out of 2 races so far, and he looks to be heading in the same direction as his sister. He may be racing at rosehill this weekend in a 5 and a half furlong race.

Peter Moody the trainer has asked for the worlds best to send their sprinters to australia to take her on, I doubt she will be travelling anywhere at this stage.

Takeover target and Chosir were great sprinters and they won at ascot, I think she is 3-4 lengths a better horse then what they were.

Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:09 am
Group 1 winner

She'd arse all over our sprint field at ascot !!

Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:50 pm
Group 1 winner

i cant stop watching her videos on youtube - every race is impressive but the way she donkey licks that Hay List in the Lightning G1 is unbelieveable!!!

Surely she could be 'Sea The Stars' great???!! never seen anything like it, cant wait to see her handicapped and still arsing all over the opposition

Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:51 pm
Group 2 winner

Very nice horse but Dayjur is the best sprinter i have ever seen.
I know it was years ago but he was very good.

Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:59 pm
Group 1 winner

Think this is a very good mare but nothing to start saying Sea The Stars worthy, very good performance and beat a another good horse into 2nd. Take into note that Hay might of underperformed and that this was 2 seconds slower than track record (I admit she was nowhere near fully extended) but talk of legend is bit early for me.

Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:06 pm
Group 1 winner

not fully extended at all!!! I think, from what ive watched, that she could become the greatest sprinter and one of the true greats. Her speed is mind blowing - i do think however, that to go down as a legend she will have to come to uk and destroy the Kings Stand field and/or go for the Breeders Cup Sprint!

Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:38 pm
Handicapper

She could have easily broke the track record but the jockey was easing her down with 150 metres, while the others were having their hearts broken. There was no point extending her out, this will only happen if she is tested by a horse that can keep up wth her.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:12 am
Handicapper

She's very good, wouldn't get too excited just like those with Overdose did.

Nothing to prove in Australlia but everything to prove world wide, come to Ascot if you're good enough.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:48 pm
Handicapper

Dayjur is the best sprinter i have ever seen.

Couldn't agree more, I'd liked to have seen Abernant run tho'.

I have a soft spot for Lochsong as well as she was very good.

But this Black Caviar does look good, Timeform have her at 131+ but to put that into perspective Abernant was rated 142 by the boys from Halifax, Dayjur 137 and Lochsong at 134, so she needs to keep improving and come over to Europe and beat us here then contest the Breeders Cup as others have already said.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:15 pm
Handicapper

There's no point sending her to the UK, she's a mare so it's hardly going to increase her stud value by winning in the UK. I'd much prefer to see her run in Hong Kong or Singapore, clashing with the likes of Rocket Man and Sacred Kingdom.

It looks like Hay List will be going over there this year and it's more likely that you'll see Hay List over there the year after. I've seen Hay List race twice in person (once in Brisbane where he put about 6 lengths on a decent field without even trying) and the other in that race vs Black Caviar in Melbourne in November.

The big test will be this Saturday when Black Caviar starts as top weight in a Group 1 handicap against Hay List and Star Witness (another horse who will end up in the UK next year).

Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 317 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next