View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 317 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
 Black Caviar 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Black Caviar
With all due respect to Bated Breath, Black Caviar will eat him alive!! I think he should stay with the King Stand where he has a genuine chance of winning his first group 1 and so of course connections want to leave him in that race. Rather have a go at winning a group 1 than trying to finish second in a group 1. I know what you are saying Rich but connections must believe she is unbeatable and therefore want to avoid her at all costs - if they win the King Stand then I am sure they will have a crack at her in the July Cup.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:09 am
Group 1 winner

And a further point:

Considering the likely opposition, I see absolutely no reason for Black Caviar to go off at bigger odds than Frankel. They are both equally head and shoulders above their rivals. I suppose 'the unknown' applies to Black Caviar in terms of the journey over and racing in a different hemisphere but they're previous sprinters targeted at Ascot have had few problems adjusting. I can see some ridiculous sized bets going on if she is around the 1/2 mark on the day.

A question for any racing fans older than me - what is the shortest priced runner ever to race at Royal Ascot?? Could it be Frankel this year?

Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:14 am
Group 3 winner

I thought Hanagan gave Sole Power a bad ride in the Temple, he should beat Bated Breath on fast ground over 5f and he was up in another stride but Bated Breath deserved to get his head in front for a change. I hope he runs in the 6f race because he one of our best 6f horses and you dont want to see them avoiding Black Caviar, even though they have no chance of beating her! It will be interesting to see how far she beats the likes of Bated Breath.

Moody says she will only run if he is 110% happy so if she runs, anything bigger than 1/10 is probably a good bet! I knew I should have had at least something on at the 6/4 when paddies put the betting up, best chance of getting a decent price now will be a winning distance bet. If somebody goes 4/6 morning it will get smashed up but I cant see it.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:52 am
Group 1 winner

Personally I would like to see o'brien put Homecoming Queen and daddy long legs over 6f, think that would suit them.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:23 am
Handicapper

Ubar02 wrote:
Personally I would like to see o'brien put Homecoming Queen and daddy long legs over 6f, think that would suit them.

Homecoming Queen over 6f has run 3rd, 9th, 6th and 5th. Don't think that distance would suit.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:38 am
Group 1 winner

Would depend how shes ridden. Flat out from the start I reckon she would be a different animal

Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:48 pm
Handicapper

said this with frankel, its one thing going off full pelt and staying 6f against milers (obviously frankels a freak but the milers that day had too much to do come the end of the race, taking nothing away from frankel excellent performance), but its a comepletly different doing it against the top sprinters in the world. also Homecoming queen could win handicaps over 5 and 6 f off a modest mark never mind compete with grade 1 sprinters.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:16 pm
Group 1 winner

Look at the times she got in the guineas. Bearing in mind the ground and being ridden to last the mile I think they'd ere pretty good.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:59 pm
Group 1 winner

Ubar just because a front runner fades at the end of a mile does not mean they could will just win over 6f!!

Homecoming Queen is a distinctly average horse and over 6f she would not even be listed quality imo.

Daddy Long Legs has nothing about him to suggest he would be a successful sprinter

Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:01 pm
Group 1 winner

Daddy long legs needs 1m2f at least he would get completely out paced in a sprint
i dont think you can call homecoming queen adverage what she did in guineas was excellent
what happend at the curragh is a puzzle thats racing for you different day different conditions

Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:51 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

To be fair Paul I think until she backs it up with another group 1 win, the newmarket run was the puzzling one, not the Curraagh!!

Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:13 pm
Group 1 winner

I think it's quite clear Homecoming Queen is a soft ground horse. Check out her form in soft ground 12191.

I really can't see Bated Breath taking on Black Caviar, the Kings Stand is too close. I think the July Cup will be the race.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:19 pm
Handicapper

to be honest i never thought there was anyone more biased about coolmore/ballydoyle than me but i think ive found some one. Homecoming Queen wont win another group 1 simple unless she gets testng conditions like newmarket. then i wouldnt want to back her.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:24 pm
Group 1 winner

Mikey1892 wrote:
to be honest i never thought there was anyone more biased about coolmore/ballydoyle than me but i think ive found some one. Homecoming Queen wont win another group 1 simple unless she gets testng conditions like newmarket. then i wouldnt want to back her.

:lol: guilty as charged and sent to the hangman bang to rights caught red handed

even though i did not actually say HCQ would win another g1

she has chances in the coronation matron stakes sun chariot but would need testing conditions
every chance of testing conditions in ireland

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:24 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I will lay the arse off her in the coronation

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 317 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next