View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Frankel or So you think 

Frankel or So you think
frankel 63%  63%  [ 17 ]
So you think 37%  37%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 27

Frankel or So you think 
Group 1 winner

On a side note aswell mate, the breeders cup may be a bad example as forgive if lm wrong but l believe an Auzzy horse has never won a race at the meeting EVER and Uk has a 10% strike rate winning 13. If auzzy from is that solid why have they such a poor record at one of the biggest meetings in the world racing against the best?

Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:35 pm
Group 1 winner

why do uk horses not have a great record in major meeting like breeders cup yet you think uk racing is be all and end all

UK (as well as Irish and French) horses have a great record in the Breeders' Cup, especially in the turf races. Even the Classic was won by Raven's Pass (with Henrythenavigator second) a couple of years ago when it was held on the pro-ride.

Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:43 pm
Group 1 winner

Not sure if the Aussie's have ever sent anything over there tbh, Their big races come about at the same time as the breeders cup so that's why they hardly run there, they mostly run in the big races in Hong Kong/Singapore and Japan so it's hard to collate the form so to speak. I would however disagree with the comment that the Europeans have struggled over the pond, especially after the last few years!

Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:44 pm
Group 1 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
why do uk horses not have a great record in major meeting like breeders cup yet you think uk racing is be all and end all

UK (as well as Irish and French) horses have a great record in the Breeders' Cup, especially in the turf races. Even the Classic was won by Raven's Pass (with Henrythenavigator second) a couple of years ago when it was held on the pro-ride.

Don't remind me of that!! I had my house, car and life on Curlin haha!

Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:45 pm
Group 1 winner

I believe inclusive NZ/AUZ think they have sent 4 mate, didnt realise the big races clashed mate

Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:47 pm
Group 1 winner

I believe inclusive NZ/AUZ think they have sent 4 mate, didnt realise the big races clashed mate

I wish they would send their horses over just a shame it clashes with Melbourne Cup/Cox Plate date's etc... Shame really, I think Dubai should be the place for the "world cup so to speak", the date's aren't too far out for most countries seasons. Wouldn't it be great to have the world's best 3/4yo's against each other, i.e. Japan/England/Ireland/France/Usa/South Africa/Dubai/Hong Kong/Singapore etc each of the number 1 rated at each distance slugging it out, would be immense! No chance of happening due to the hemisphere differences and times of season though unfortunately :(

Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:51 pm
Group 1 winner

If he does have a bad season and fails to live up to expectations would you say he is a top class horse on what he achieved to date mate?

no he has far more to prove mate but just dont like the aussie form been write off yes 2 easy races in ireland i would not even rate them as adverage but his aussie form is outstanding

Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:52 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

mwesty1 wrote:
If he does have a bad season and fails to live up to expectations would you say he is a top class horse on what he achieved to date mate?

no he has far more to prove mate but just dont like the aussie form been write off yes 2 easy races in ireland i would not even rate them as adverage but his aussie form is outstanding

Ok PJR we will leave it at that mate and agree to have differing opinions as that is where l disagree with the aussie form. There is just nothing to compare it with, but different opinions is the beauty of racing :)

Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:54 pm
Group 1 winner

melbourne cup day which has 6 or 7 g1 races is a few days after bcup so you will never get the top aussie horses going there
when there biggest day is near the same date as BC

Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:56 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

melbourne cup day which has 6 or 7 g1 races is a few days after bcup so you will never get the top aussie horses going there

Surely for breeding tho a Breeders Cup win carries more influence then a win at the Melbourne Cup??

Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:58 pm
Group 1 winner

to win a g1 at 1m2f and few days later 3rd in 2m melbourne cup
and you cant see that as been good mate fair enough you have bloody high standards if you dont see it
still the end of the day he has alot to prove here agreed
before we can even talk of him as a great horse but still has the potential
to be special yes the bubble is slightly defalted buut certainly not burst
you can never right off any horse after 1 race

Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:01 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:

Surely for breeding tho a Breeders Cup win carries more influence then a win at the Melbourne Cup??

to the australian public ,trainers,owners,jockeys the melbourne cup day is there breeders cup

Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:02 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

mwesty1 wrote:
pjrhodes1970 wrote:

to the australian public ,trainers,owners,jockeys the melbourne cup day is there breeders cup

It's bigger to Australian's. A whole state gets the Tuesday off purely for the race. You are wrong about the group 1's though, the Melbourne Cup is the only group 1 on the Melbourne Cup day, however from Derby day to Stakes day (Saturday before Melb Cup to Saturday after, 4 days of racing with at least one G1 on each day) there are I think 9 Group 1's up for grabs.

mwesty, to say the Australian form holds up to nothing would be the same as me saying the English form when they send horses over for the Melbourne Cup is rubbish, its blatantly not true. (Saying that though it would be nice if you sent some of the better distance runners over to prove their worth, haven't seen much better than a Group 2 winner come over in the past few years and it is the richest staying race in the world.)

Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:43 pm
Group 1 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
mwesty1 wrote:
pjrhodes1970 wrote:

It's bigger to Australian's. A whole state gets the Tuesday off purely for the race. You are wrong about the group 1's though, the Melbourne Cup is the only group 1 on the Melbourne Cup day, however from Derby day to Stakes day (Saturday before Melb Cup to Saturday after, 4 days of racing with at least one G1 on each day) there are I think 9 Group 1's up for grabs.

mwesty, to say the Australian form holds up to nothing would be the same as me saying the English form when they send horses over for the Melbourne Cup is rubbish, its blatantly not true. (Saying that though it would be nice if you sent some of the better distance runners over to prove their worth, haven't seen much better than a Group 2 winner come over in the past few years and it is the richest staying race in the world.)

could not agree more giddy the man is talking rubbish aussie form is top class spot on

Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:56 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

PJR not being funny mate, l have said your entitled to your opinion and l respect that but please respect mine too. Keep telling me lm talking rubbish cus l disagree with you is the wrong attitude pal. Take peoples opinions on board and accept them and not be a prick about it

Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next