View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 2:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next
 So You Think V Workforce v The Field Poll 

Coral Eclipse Winner
So You Think 56%  56%  [ 18 ]
Workforce 41%  41%  [ 13 ]
The field 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 32

So You Think V Workforce v The Field Poll 
Handicapper

If they pull Workforce out of a clash with SYT it's a disgrace, it's the race racing wants to see, a world class horse should be able to handle any ground. PERIOD!

With respect that is utter garbage. The trainer's only responsibilty is to the horse and the owner. There will be other opportunites to clash with So You Think later in the season.

I must make this further point. I am not making excuses for Workforce. I am just surmising that with the ground (that WILL be fairly fast), plus the fact that 10f may not be his ideal trip, plus the fact that Stoute is woefully out of form, and that Workforce has other targets on his agenda, he MAY miss the race.

FYI
1. I have backed So You Think @ 13/8
2. I think So You Think will beat Workforce.
3. I think Workforce will be the better horse over 1m4f.
4. These are both great horses for us to enjoy so lets just enjoy them.
5. Some people need to get away from an almost "football fan" tribal mentality where you have to support one stable/horse or another. In my line of work I am looking at each race on its merits. For the Eclipse on saturday I would favour So You Think over Workforce. And as stated on another post, at this point in time I would strongly favour Workforce over Pour Moi for the Arc.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:53 pm
Group 1 winner

I agree, but they shouldn't pull the horse out just because of ground which is not even going to be anywhere near firm ground! If they did pull it out purely because of hat reason then it would be a disgrace, if the horse was injured or unfit then fair enough, I don't see them pulling him out now but wouldn't be surprised, maybe it's just sour grapes on my part after the whole BC debacle, which was a disgrace in itself!

Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:04 pm
Group 1 winner

I don't think the ground will ride that fast. It will be good racing ground and noone will be able to complain.

I hope Snow Fairy runs a big race too.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:17 pm
Handicapper

I agree, but they shouldn't pull the horse out just because of ground which is not even going to be anywhere near firm ground! If they did pull it out purely because of hat reason then it would be a disgrace, if the horse was injured or unfit then fair enough, I don't see them pulling him out now but wouldn't be surprised, maybe it's just sour grapes on my part after the whole BC debacle, which was a disgrace in itself!

Why was the BC a debacle? (Certainly not for backers of Dangerous Midge at 16/1 ;) ).

The ground was much too fast in the BC to risk him on. They wouldn't have taken him all the way over there just to bring him home again just for the sake of it.

Not sure why people think the ground won't be riding fast? Unless they heavily water between now and Saturday it will be genuine Good to firm IMO.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:05 pm
Group 1 winner

you cannot take a horse all the way to America for one of the world's top races and pull it out the night before because the ground might be a touch on the firm side, disgrace, full stop and I didn't even back it! I live 30 minutes away from Sandown and we had a day yesterday of solid thunderstorms and heavy showers, the ground was good apparently last night and I think that with temperatures not rising above 22 and some watering it isn't going to be anywhere near firm!

Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:11 pm
Handicapper

The ground was Good with Good to Firm patches this morning, they are going to water a further 3mm on Friday. It is going to be warm and dry from now until Saturday. The going will be Good to Firm.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:22 pm
Handicapper

The BC was by no means a disgrace that was for the good of the horse the ground that day was proper Firm/Hard going but i agree that they can't take him out of Sandown on Saturday as there is no reason for him to go out as racing for change or whatever there called have been forcing CoC at all racecourses to put tons of water down and nearly drench all the tracks nowadays to get good racing ground:/ So no Excuses for Workforce.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:23 pm
Group 1 winner

you cannot take a horse all the way to America for one of the world's top races and pull it out the night before because the ground might be a touch on the firm side, disgrace, full stop and I didn't even back it! I live 30 minutes away from Sandown and we had a day yesterday of solid thunderstorms and heavy showers, the ground was good apparently last night and I think that with temperatures not rising above 22 and some watering it isn't going to be anywhere near firm!

i agree with this ground conditions should not effect a world class horse

was stoute expecting a mud bath in america last time i was there it was a very hot country and they mainly get fast ground thats a no brainer
so why even declare the horse let alone take it i think its a disgrace too made uk racing a laughing stock in usa this is why i question workforce

Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:57 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

The BC was by no means a disgrace that was for the good of the horse the ground that day was proper Firm/Hard going but i agree that they can't take him out of Sandown on Saturday as there is no reason for him to go out as racing for change or whatever there called have been forcing CoC at all racecourses to put tons of water down and nearly drench all the tracks nowadays to get good racing ground:/ So no Excuses for Workforce.

I understand that it is ok for the good of the horse but over horses are fine on firm ground so you can only really say he was taken out because it wasn't "preffered" ground but why send him out in the first place, there is such a thing as a weather forecast, and why did they leave it until the friday evening if my memory serves me right! It did make us look like a laughing stock.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:23 pm
Group 1 winner

Did it make us a laughing stock? I don't think so!

It made America a laughing stock when one of our donkeys won it.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:38 pm
Group 1 winner

it made us look very silly

you take the arc winner all the way to america & pay thousands doing it
the antepost favorite if i remember correctly
stoute was quite bullish about his chances in breeders cup turf if i remember
you get there
do aload of interveiws with american press
you are there the day before and ground is good good to firm perfect ground for any world class horse
then pull the horse out after taking the limelight with the american press

would be like nadal turning up at press conference a day b4 wimbledon
and saying zeee i am goiong to win
then pull out becuase ground to quick suits the big servers not me im going home
stoute looked foolish and did make uk racing look abit silly
why does workforce need that protection? that is my question
he is a class horse i think his run in arc was out of top draw top top class
so why does he need protecting it i actually think its discrediting the horses ability and class
his own trainer does not believe in his abilty

i have nothing aggainst workforce i rate him just puzzles me why stoute is so so protective

i dont buy this stud value thing he is a derby and arc winner
nothing will dent his value in stud after winning theese 2 races

i also think he is a 12f horse not a 10f horse why did he not go to the corronation cup1m4 or a 1m4 g1 in france why are they even looking at a 10f race yet they pull him out over ground issues

Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:45 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

anubisrich wrote:

you are there the day before and ground is good good to firm perfect ground

It wasn't it was Firm/Hard ground proper hard ground which is why he was taken out.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:06 pm
Handicapper

anubisrich wrote:

it made us look very silly

you take the arc winner all the way to america & pay thousands doing it
the antepost favorite if i remember correctly
stoute was quite bullish about his chances in breeders cup turf if i remember
you get there
do aload of interveiws with american press
you are there the day before and ground is good good to firm perfect ground for any world class horse
then pull the horse out after taking the limelight with the american press

would be like nadal turning up at press conference a day b4 wimbledon
and saying zeee i am goiong to win
then pull out becuase ground to quick suits the big servers not me im going home
stoute looked foolish and did make uk racing look abit silly
why does workforce need that protection? that is my question
he is a class horse i think his run in arc was out of top draw top top class
so why does he need protecting it i actually think its discrediting the horses ability and class
his own trainer does not believe in his abilty

i have nothing aggainst workforce i rate him just puzzles me why stoute is so so protective

i dont buy this stud value thing he is a derby and arc winner
nothing will dent his value in stud after winning theese 2 races

i also think he is a 12f horse not a 10f horse why did he not go to the corronation cup1m4 or a 1m4 g1 in france why are they even looking at a 10f race yet they pull him out over ground issues

Its nothing like that. Remember Aiden O Brien taking a chance with George Washington on the opposite extreme going and we know how that ended.

SMS had this season to look forward to and didn't want to risk any harm to his stable star, perfectly acceptable

Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:20 pm
Group 1 winner

American turf racing has always been a laughing stock to me! Especially at trips over a Mile/1.2! You get some just above average horses over here going over there and cleaning house! I.e. Debussy (arlington million), Dangerous Midge, Ave (Ex Stoute, Flower Bowl) Red Rocks (MOW, Turf, was a good horse but not great). Well it made Stoute look stupid anyway! For not running and for not anticipating what might have happened, he might as well not have gone! Ground doesn't change firmer rapidly over night! He should have known better, or if he knew the ground was THAT firm he should have pulled out way before and not relied on some poxy rain to come out of nowhere!

Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:33 pm
Handicapper

American turf racing has always been a laughing stock to me! Especially at trips over a Mile/1.2! You get some just above average horses over here going over there and cleaning house! I.e. Debussy (arlington million), Dangerous Midge, Ave (Ex Stoute, Flower Bowl) Red Rocks (MOW, Turf, was a good horse but not great). Well it made Stoute look stupid anyway! For not running and for not anticipating what might have happened, he might as well not have gone! Ground doesn't change firmer rapidly over night! He should have known better, or if he knew the ground was THAT firm he should have pulled out way before and not relied on some poxy rain to come out of nowhere!

Had he withdrew it a week earlier then the ground came up Good he would have looked sillier. The trainer were talking about isn't a wet behind the ears newcomer, he is one of the greatest trainers of all time and has earned the right to treat his horses in exactly the manner he sees fit

Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next