View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 So You Think V Workforce v The Field Poll 

Coral Eclipse Winner
So You Think 56%  56%  [ 18 ]
Workforce 41%  41%  [ 13 ]
The field 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 32

So You Think V Workforce v The Field Poll 
Group 1 winner

Post So You Think V Workforce v The Field Poll
Coral Eclipse winner POLL

Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:56 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

hope lesson's have been learnt and (jockey) gives SYT a patient ride and tracks Workforce

if it comes down to a 2f sprint only 1 winner SYT
if SYT takes it up 4 out again he will be pray for Workforce

Hopefully lessons HAVE been learnt and So You Think will silence the doubters out there all down to tactics

i think workforce might race handy and be up front early which would make it very interesting

its going to be a hell of a race
i hope Colm Odonnohue now gets the chances he derserves on apob's top
horses i doubt coolmore will give fallon another chance

i heard they were furious with fallens derby debarckle so hoping they go with colm

might be spencer though

Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:00 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I've maintained all along that SYT would crush Workforce, especially over 10f as I have mentioned and explained why in multiple posts on this forum so i won't explain myself again! But it's time for the showdown finally and I'm firmly in the SYT camp!

Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:06 pm
Group 1 winner

I've maintained all along that SYT would crush Workforce, especially over 10f as I have mentioned and explained why in multiple posts on this forum so i won't explain myself again! But it's time for the showdown finally and I'm firmly in the SYT camp!

same here

Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:09 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

How SYT is Evs Fav in front of Workforce is beyond me! Workforce should be evens and SYT should be around 11/8. Not going to moan though, and I'm happy with the price I'll get about WF come saturday.

As far as the race is concerned I think that Workforce will win by a couple of lengths. I think the pacemaker will play right into WF's hands, and right out of SYT's. Workforce is underrated, and this hopefully will silence the doubters. IMO SYT is/has become a bit of a hype horse based on his Australian form (no-one knows how good it is), and his two wins in IRE against very moderate opposition. He's been turned over by Rewilding, and although I think if they ever met again SYT would reverse the form, I can see him beating a fully tuned WF.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:15 pm
Group 1 winner

Workforce for me will be a cracker of a race.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:19 pm
Group 1 winner

You all know my opinion on SYT especially PJR :lol: :lol: but l honestly think he has to win this race to live up to the hype but although some disagree l think Workforce is a very smart animal

Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:43 pm
Group 1 winner

You all know my opinion on SYT especially PJR :lol: :lol: but l honestly think he has to win this race to live up to the hype but although some disagree l think Workforce is a very smart animal

heres a shocker for you mwesty i fully agree with you he has to win this race to live up to even only a part of the hype

i believe this will be the launching pad for him he will go on and win more g1s

if he is well beaten by workforce then i dont know here we go from here
and i will hold up my hands and say he is nowhere near s good as i thought

you dont get o'brien and magnier overhyping a horse they are actually
very conservitive about horses so to hear them talk about SYT
the way they do he has to be a great horse but he has now got to go and prove it

the honeymoon period is over he must go and do it

Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:53 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Yes agree mate, the only thing that would concern me is if Jan vermeer is there to pace make again l would question it. If SYT has all this speed o'brien keeps saying example he would have no problem entering him in a 1 mile race then and Jan blasts of then surely it would play into workforces hands

Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:58 pm
Handicapper

If they use a pacemaker then Workforce will win easy as it will play into his hands and not SYT. If they dont then it will be a lot closer. Bart Cummings who trained the horse for years said that the Ballydoyles tactics where a joke and they shouldnt have had a pacemaker for a horse that runs on the pace. Probably because they are so used to doing it they just thought we'll do it again and they got it wrong. I probably wont be backing anything in the race as there is no value for a small stake punter but if Snow Fairy goes out to double figures then i might be tempted to back her e/w as she has beaten some very talented horses abroad and i believe if she is fully tuned up she wont be there just to make up the numbers.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:06 pm
Group 1 winner

Yes agree mate, the only thing that would concern me is if Jan vermeer is there to pace make again l would question it. If SYT has all this speed o'brien keeps saying example he would have no problem entering him in a 1 mile race then and Jan blasts of then surely it would play into workforces hands

mate i am puzzled by that 2 and why put cape blanco in there he will front run and try and steel the race as he did in the champion stakes last year
i think they will pull CB and JV out of the race i hope they will

my point would be if they believe SYT is a superstar (which They Do)why have a g1 10f winner in CB in the way maybe as a back up plan maybe down to the new owners but i think they only have a 50percent share surley coolmore would have the final say where the horse goes

i think there some red herrons left in there like alexander pope and jan vermer i defenatly cant see pope running
i hope they go in with 1 SYT

he should not need a pacemaker because if cape blanco runs he will try to make all he does not need one anyway if it was a slow run race would that not favour a speed horse like SYT

ithink/hope by the weekend they will just leave so you think in if not alarm bells will be ringing

Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:08 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

It doesn't matter what O'Brien does with regards to pace as Conduit is in to make sure the pace is high anyway and with Jan Vermeer and Alexander Pope running you have to think that one of them will make it

One thought i have though is what if SYT goes early say 3.5f with Workforce they tire and Snow Fairy comes and takes them on the line that is how SNow Fairy can win and with what looks like 3 pacemakers it's quite possible she could do a Kathyasi/Observatory against Giant's Courseway and just take them late going to be intresting to watch.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:25 pm
Group 3 winner

Its potentially a hard one to call, gun to my head, id have to go with So You Think even though I think he is overrated. Australian sprinters are top class but their middle distance horses have done nothing of note in modern day international racing. That said, he is obviously a very good horse and the trip is perfect for him. Workforce is a 1m4 horse and he will struggle to live with So You Think on Saturday, especially if the ground dries out. Remember the rain came big style for Workforce before his last run and he would need a huge step forward from the bare form of that race. You cant write Workforce off completely but I think alot of rain is his only chance.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:25 pm
Handicapper

I've a sneaky feeling Workforce won't run anyway ;)

Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:40 pm
Group 1 winner

I've a sneaky feeling Workforce won't run anyway ;)

blimey that would be a shock if he doesent

Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:18 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 158 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next