View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 So You Think V Workforce v The Field Poll 

Coral Eclipse Winner
So You Think 56%  56%  [ 18 ]
Workforce 41%  41%  [ 13 ]
The field 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 32

So You Think V Workforce v The Field Poll 
Group 3 winner

Interestingly, the Racing Post have a poll on their website today, and 68% of people believe Workforce would win a 12f rematch, so that does seem to be the general opinion.

As for class, I'd take a Derby and Arc win any day ahead of the races that SYT has won.

I seen that poll and thought it was crazy. Alot of Workforce fans on RP and alot of So You Think detracters so that probably explains it.

As For class, I take strength of form rather than name of race.

panther wrote:
My point is not that Workforce should have won yesterday. Before the race, I expected SYT to win by around 2 lengths, considering it was a 10f race and there was a slight doubt about Stoute's stable form. So, considering things didn't go exactly to plan with the pacemaker and WF had to lead it out with 4 furlongs still to go (something that is very difficult to do, as SYT himself proved last month), I actually think if SYT was the horse everyone thinks he is, he should have been able to take advantage of that and sail past WF and win by 3 or 4 lengths, comfortably. In the end though, he made rather a meal of it and didn't get going until the final furlong. This is why I'm still far from convinced, and the poll on the Racing Post's website seems to suggest that most of the racing public is still far from convinced too.

So You Think takes time to hit top gear, you said it yourself, he didnt really get going until just over a furlong out but once he was in full flight, Workforce was easy meat. For all the world it looked as though So You Think would have won further with another furlong or two so the RP poll only tells you that there are more Workforce fans than So You Think fans on the site. Its hardly public opinion. No one can possibly watch that race and say that the winner is not the better horse. Grimthorpe even said everything went to plan, no excuses.

Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:48 pm
Handicapper

panther wrote:
Interestingly, the Racing Post have a poll on their website today, and 68% of people believe Workforce would win a 12f rematch, so that does seem to be the general opinion.

As for class, I'd take a Derby and Arc win any day ahead of the races that SYT has won.

I seen that poll and thought it was crazy. Alot of Workforce fans on RP and alot of So You Think detracters so that probably explains it.

As For class, I take strength of form rather than name of race.

panther wrote:
My point is not that Workforce should have won yesterday. Before the race, I expected SYT to win by around 2 lengths, considering it was a 10f race and there was a slight doubt about Stoute's stable form. So, considering things didn't go exactly to plan with the pacemaker and WF had to lead it out with 4 furlongs still to go (something that is very difficult to do, as SYT himself proved last month), I actually think if SYT was the horse everyone thinks he is, he should have been able to take advantage of that and sail past WF and win by 3 or 4 lengths, comfortably. In the end though, he made rather a meal of it and didn't get going until the final furlong. This is why I'm still far from convinced, and the poll on the Racing Post's website seems to suggest that most of the racing public is still far from convinced too.

So You Think takes time to hit top gear, you said it yourself, he didnt really get going until just over a furlong out but once he was in full flight, Workforce was easy meat. For all the world it looked as though So You Think would have won further with another furlong or two so the RP poll only tells you that there are more Workforce fans than So You Think fans on the site. Its hardly public opinion. No one can possibly watch that race and say that the winner is not the better horse. Grimthorpe even said everything went to plan, no excuses.

Come on, the race would be run differently over 12F. I would side with Workforce myself over 12F but So You Think is a good tool, no doubt

Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:05 pm
Group 3 winner

Run the race whatever way you want at any trip between 1m and 1m4, So You Think is still going to run past Workforce because he is the superior horse.

Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:30 pm
Handicapper

Run the race whatever way you want at any trip between 1m and 1m4, So You Think is still going to run past Workforce because he is the superior horse.

Got to disagree because i would take WF at 1m4f on Heavy over SYT every time because i feel WF stays better then SYT on Firm and better ground i would have SYT but whenever it gets testing i'm siding with WF

Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:39 pm
Group 1 winner

Well, that comment is laughable. There is no reason whatsoever as to why there would be large numbers of fans of Workforce and detractors of So You Think on the Racing Post website! The poll simply shows that most racing fans believe that Workforce would win if the two horses came up against each other over 12f. Possibly something to do with the fact that he's already won Europe's two most valuable and prestigious 12f races and the fact that he ran a lot better than most people expected yesterday, while So You Think made hard work of beating him, despite having everything go his way during the race.

DocHay wrote:
No one can possibly watch that race and say that the winner is not the better horse.

The winner was undoubtably the better horse on the day, and is probably the better horse over 10f, although arguably he should have won a bit more easily yesterday. However, when you have two great horses with proven records you can't say for definite which is the better horse when they've only raced once over a trip that suits one better than the other! SYT's top class wins have all been at 10f, while WF's major wins have been at 12f.

Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:01 pm
Handicapper

Someone made a good point on here that SYT got very un-balenced when he came out of the slipstream of WF and lost a couple of lengths not sure who it was but i would to thanks as i never would have noticed that myself

Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:15 am
Group 3 winner

Well, that comment is laughable. There is no reason whatsoever as to why there would be large numbers of fans of Workforce and detractors of So You Think on the Racing Post website! The poll simply shows that most racing fans believe that Workforce would win if the two horses came up against each other over 12f.

Im only going on the hundreds of comments I seen before and after the race. And it dosent show that most racing fans believe this, its shows that most racingpost users believe it. Alot of those votes are from ppl who dont like the fact that an Aussie horse has come over and outclassed our supposed Champion middle distance horse. Workforce is a good horse but hes not a champion, he won a poor Derby and a poor Arc.

panther wrote:
The winner was undoubtably the better horse on the day, and is probably the better horse over 10f, although arguably he should have won a bit more easily yesterday. However, when you have two great horses with proven records you can't say for definite which is the better horse when they've only raced once over a trip that suits one better than the other! SYT's top class wins have all been at 10f, while WF's major wins have been at 12f.

Well its all about opinions, mine is, So You Think is the better horse full stop, he stays 1m4 easily so he beats Workforce over 1m4 aswell IMO.

Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:34 am
Group 1 winner

Alot of those votes are from ppl who dont like the fact that an Aussie horse has come over and outclassed our supposed Champion middle distance horse. Workforce is a good horse but hes not a champion, he won a poor Derby and a poor Arc.

I think that's a slight exaggeration! So far in the UK, all SYT has done is lose to Rewilding (a decent horse, but certainly not a world-beater), and beat last year's champion 12f horse by half a length over a distance that is known to be more to his own liking (WF's previous 10f record was a loss at G2 and a narrow G3 win). Based on those two performaces, SYT still has a LOT to prove in Europe.

Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:49 am
Group 1 winner

Someone made a good point on here that SYT got very un-balenced when he came out of the slipstream of WF and lost a couple of lengths not sure who it was but i would to thanks as i never would have noticed that myself

Here is my quote, but you need to watch the race carefully from the racing posts site.

Scatters wrote:
Just watched the race a couple of times and noticed that when the jockey pulled SYT out of the slipstream behind WF that SYT lost a length and he need to be balanced and didn't get going till several strides later. But once balanced it was a huge effort to catch WF in my opinion. Watch it carefully. SYT should have won by 2 lengths easily. Just my opinion.

Cheers all

Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:06 am
Group 1 winner

People seem to be forgetting that SYT ran third in a Melbourne Cup off top weight, after having run in two Gp1's within 5 days of the race and didn't settle at all throughout the race.

It's a tough call and I'm a big Workforce fan, but I wouldn't write off SYT over 12F yet.

Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:15 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

People seem to be forgetting that SYT ran third in a Melbourne Cup off top weight, after having run in two Gp1's within 5 days of the race and didn't settle at all throughout the race.

It's a tough call and I'm a big Workforce fan, but I wouldn't write off SYT over 12F yet.

spot on duke 3 g1 races 9 days incl melborne cup top weight and stayed the 2 miles you have toi stay to get 3rd in mc

Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:01 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

its actually a joke some people here think he wouldent stay mile 4 come on
3rd in g1 carrying top weight over 2 miles you are having a laugh if you think he dont stay 1m4

i am a huge fan of his even b4 he went to obrien i am a fan of world wide racing and
watch alot of it and what this horse did in aus last year was unbelivable
i stayed up to watch melbourne cup just to see him race the fact he has come here is great and yes even more of fan

Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:06 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

its actually a joke some people here think he wouldent stay mile 4 come on
3rd in g1 carrying top weight over 2 miles you are having a laugh if you think he dont stay 1m4

i am a huge fan of his even b4 he went to obrien i am a fan of world wide racing and
watch alot of it and what this horse did in aus last year was unbelivable
i stayed up to watch melbourne cup just to see him race the fact he has come here is great and yes even more of fan

If he was as great as you think, then they would surely have targetted the Arc, the owners obviously think he isn't as "great" as Pour Moi. If Workforce wins the Arc again, he will be remembered as a "Great", I am not so sure SYT will be for winning 3 Cox Plates (if they get thru Quarantine"

Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:09 pm
Group 3 winner

Baz, do you have any idea what winning 3 Cox Plates means in Australia? Obviously not. Chances are he will be going for the Juddmonte and then the Irish Champion, I think its unlikely that the Cox Plate bid will happen.

Workforce beat a 100/1 pacemaker in his Derby and the horse he struggled to beat a head in the Arc is 50/1 for this year renewal. Tells you everything about last years Arc. Workforce has beat nothing, he has now lost both times he has came up against a real top horse.

Obviously Coolmore want to win the Arc with Fabre's horse this year, its nothing to do with how much they rate So You Think. We can sit here and say this and that but at the end of the day, you only need to look at the horses Obrien has trained and then listen to the way he talks about So You Think.

The scary thing is, So You Think is only going to get better with more racing over here.

Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:30 pm
Group 1 winner

Baz, do you have any idea what winning 3 Cox Plates means in Australia? Obviously not. Chances are he will be going for the Juddmonte and then the Irish Champion, I think its unlikely that the Cox Plate bid will happen.

Workforce beat a 100/1 pacemaker in his Derby and the horse he struggled to beat a head in the Arc is 50/1 for this year renewal. Tells you everything about last years Arc. Workforce has beat nothing, he has now lost both times he has came up against a real top horse.

Obviously Coolmore want to win the Arc with Fabre's horse this year, its nothing to do with how much they rate So You Think. We can sit here and say this and that but at the end of the day, you only need to look at the horses Obrien has trained and then listen to the way he talks about So You Think.

The scary thing is, So You Think is only going to get better with more racing over here.

spot on

Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:32 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next