View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 6:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 NH HORSES 
Handicapper

Post NH HORSES
First Point 8yo
Nicky Henderson
5P4/1101/6114U620/3436-
Big Handicaps Hurdles and Jumps

Info: Ran a few big races last year including cruising into contention in the lanzorote hurdle before getting bumped and weaking after that then ran big races twice at Cheltenham and Aintree will definatly show place claims and probably win one big handicap this season and will be intresting to follow this season.

Quel Esprit 7yo
Willie Mullins
1/14/1112F6/1FF-B
Big Races if learns to Jump

Info: The best staying novice out there over fences last year untill it had to jump a fence came there on the bridle in the RSA before tumbling 3 out and will have to get jumping sorted before he can be look at for a Garde 1 but they've done it with Big Zeb so watch this one on Debut and then take a chance from there.

Champion Court 6yo
Martin Keighley
12194-U
Novice Chases Early Season

Info: Massive Gelding literally towererd over everything last year already made a chasing debut when unseating after travelling really nicely the whole way round at Perth. Has the scope to be a good Chaser and with the talent he showed last season over hurdles which didn't seem to suit him could go in a few times this year.

Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:07 am
Group 3 winner

Post Re: NH HORSES
Mr Gardner - Nicky Henderson.

Relentless galloper with a touch of class. Any chase in soft - heavy ground and he's the bet to be had. Acts on quicker ground too but preferably soft best ground.

Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:20 am
Group 1 winner

Not really my code, but staying clear of the blatantly obvious, here is my quintet -
Sword Of Honour - Patrick Flynn
Outstanding pedigree and created a massive impression when simply destroying the opposition in contemptible fashion on debut.
Moonlight Drive - John Quinn
Very highly rated from a yard who know the time of day, and believe him capable of reaching a fairly high level. Softer conditions essential, but will stay hurdling this season, then go chasing next.
Dandino - Nicky Henderson
As I understand it, a good few Elite members were very unhappy about the decision to take their pride and joy away from James, in favour of a hurdling campaign, but he is certainly one of most interesting recruits of the new season. Very much a fast ground horse though, so imagine he won't be the easiest to place.
(I did here a rumour that his transition to obstacles hasn't gone the way they would like though, and he may head back to the flat instead. Interestingly, Jamie Osbourne was touted as the destination though, not James Given :? )
Sir Des Champs - Willie Mullins
Came from the clouds to win at the festival, but built to be a chaser and whatever sphere he contests this season, looks one to keep on-side.
Venture Capital - Phillip Fenton
Related to Somersby, this son of Presenting has been whispered to be a pretty useful and may be able to make an impact in the bumper sphere before going over obstacles.

Two flat horses going over timber that might be worth looking out for, are Vulcanite (Longsdon), who at one point was thought to be maybe pattern class, and Rain Mac (McCain) who didn't always put it all in on the flat compared to his high standard of homework, but might prove a reformed character now gelded and given a new challenge. As for across the Irish Sea, I guess Minsk could be quite an interesting recruit given the impact he made in handicap company this season.

Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:50 am
Group 3 winner

Interesting Dandino going hurdling, I always thought he wanted soft ground as he hits the ground pretty hard but according to his trainer and the form, he prefers it firm.

Hidden Cyclone trained by Shark Hanlon, is one im looking forward to seeing. Looks a big chaser and has done really well over hurdles, gets 3 miles and loves soft ground.

Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:22 pm
Handicapper

Captain Sunshine (Emma Lavelle) - He ran a tremendous race on his debut finishing within 5 lengths of Montbazon (conceding 8lbs). He is all set to go novice hurdling and should develop into an above average jumper.

Champagne Fever (Willie Mullins) - Mullins shelled out 200,000 euros for this gelding after he won his 4yo p2p, he is serious and connections rate him above what Peddlers Cross was at this stage, its intresting to note he has come from the same source as Peddlers Cross did and should be good enough to be a Grade One animal.

Darlan (Nicky Henderson) Won his bumper by 27 lengths and its intresting to note that Andrew Tinkler rates him as the best bumper animal in Hendersons yard. He goes novice hurdling this term and could be one to follow.

Final Gift (Paul Nicholls) - Could be the new Denman, he was a very easy winner of his mdn p2p at Dromwhere he slammed the field without breaking sweat. He is a relative of Inglis Drever & Young Hustler and will go novice hurdling this year but when he starts chasing the skys the limit.

Kings Grace - (Don McCain) - He made all on his bumper debut to win going away from a future winner. Unfortunatly he suffered a tumor in his foot and was put away for the season. He is viewed as a staying chaser in the making but is expected to take top order in the novice hurdle division in the meantime. His trainer rates him really highly.

Ok then lads there's my 5 for the season, lets see how they faired come April.

Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:28 pm
Handicapper

Jump City (P Nicholls) - Another import from France. Won on the flat before some decent performances in handicaps. Only ran once over obstacles finishing 2nd behind Smad Place and wasnt knocked about on that occasion. Not one of the big names from the Nicholls yard so could be a surprise package.

Oscargo (P Nicholls) - Won over 3m at Chepstow beating a useful horse trained by Nicholls. Will stay allday and the big aim is the 4m chase at Cheltenham.

Oscars Well (J Harrington) - Very smart novice hurdler last year and is going to be turned out in the WKD hurdle on November 4th so we should have some idea what the long terms plan is following that.

Dandino (N Henderson) - As DB states, one of the most high profile recruits from the flat and if taking to jumping could be anything.

Few names from the Nicholls yard that look to be his class horses:

Ranjaan - 3yo juvenile hurdler. Good form on flat from France. By Dubai Destination
Italian Master - By Milan. Won Point to point in Ireland. Novice Hurdler.
Hinterland - Juvenile hurdler, 2nd in his only flat race. Won £50k hurlde at Auteil.

Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:18 pm
Handicapper

http://www.racingpost.com/horses2/cards ... ceTabs=sc_

the race has cut up to 4 still Cue Card, Silviniaco Conti and Micheal Flips run

Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:29 pm
Selling plater

Solwhit going chasing is of interest.

Really hope Weld keeps Galileos Choice over hurdles.

Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:33 am
Selling plater

Steps to Freedom - J Harrington

Looks a very useful prospect, will be running this Sunday in a listed hurdle at Kempton. Had nice bumper campaign, beating Montbazon, before making a very likeable start to his hurdles campaign winning as he liked by 6 lengths. Could be one for the Supreme in March.

Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:59 am
Selling plater

OK so the above didn't go for that listed race at Kempton, but he has just hosed up in very taking fashion in a G3 at Punchestown! Really looks like a nice prospect.

Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:50 pm
Handicapper

Champion Court runs tommorow at Aintree available at 4/1

Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:43 pm
Group 1 winner

Nothing original but Finnian's Rainbow and Spirit Son are two of the best horses Henderson has had in recent years. Obviously Long Run is still above them.

I haven't seen anything that eye catching yet but November is often the month for that.

I've no idea why they are sending Dandino jumping, crazy to geld a horse who would have a decent stud value.

Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:35 pm
Handicapper

I gave Oscargo and his form from his only run has been franked as the horse he beat at Chepstow won today(Harry The Viking). Not going to be a top horse but could sneak under the radar, think hes going novice chasing.

Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:40 pm
Handicapper

daveyboy wrote:
Champion Court runs tommorow at Aintree available at 4/1

Backed into 2/1 didn't jump great but powered away on the flat 14/1 for the RSA(ridiculas price at this moment in time) very nice horse though

Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:42 pm
Handicapper

Oscars Well needed the run when finished 3rd the other day. Will come on bundles from that run but i doubt hes good enough to beat Hurricane Fly. Best chance of a big win would probably be the Aintree Hurdle as i dont think hes quick enough for 2m against the elite and probably wont stay 3m.

Jump City won well at Exeter but i would have liked to see him do it a bit easier. He'll be a nice prospects for the big handicaps this year and most likely go chasing next season.

Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 139 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next