View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 5:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 NH HORSES 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: NH HORSES
Technically the horse who runs the fastest time doesn't always win. Times are important, but I don't think they're everything particularly in NH racing.

I actually agree with Frankel 2012. Mullins and Walsh have always said that HF isn't at his best at Cheltenham, and I have to agree. He is a small, fast horse and Cheltenham tends to play into the strengths of the bigger, staying types. That's taking nothing away from HF, it probably demonstrates just how good he is because he has already beaten a whole host of great horses at a course which probably doesn't play into his strengths. BUT this year is by far his biggest test providing the novices from last season are as good as people think they are. They all have the potential to improve as the season goes on, whereas HF is more likely to decline due to his age. It is so sad that Darlan never got a chance to run in it because I think he would have floored HF and the rest.

Also, though the Champion is the pinnacle for 2m hurdlers I really think that the fact that some of the horses in it are not suited to the course can make some of the form misleading. Take Binocular for example who is similar to HF and has won around courses like Kempton and Newbury which are flatter and fairer and never really shown his best at Cheltenham. I just think that this could easily be the year that HF gets beaten, maybe not because he isn't as good as he was, but there are better horses in it this year who will be better suited by the course. But that isn't denying how good HF is.

Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:25 pm
Group 3 winner

horses for courses every horse is beatable. Even Frankel. But you just sighted yourself Frankel wasnt invincible / exceptional on the clock! :) in times lots horses have ran faster than Frankel check the records

now your cherrypicking one horse and even cherrypicked a top horse versus a good one way to go pat yourself on the back there!

of course theres many other factors included.

your the one talking nonsense like a bitter grumpy old sod.

the clock doesnt lie unless the recorder is biased or incompetent! :)

will you put your money where your mouth is and lay Hurricne Fly then?

Kauto Star, Brave Inca, Hurricane Fly, Arkle http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arkle, Ruby Walsh, Paul Nichols, Ouija Board, Goldikova, Peeping Fawn, Harbringer, Sea The Stars, Frankel, Hear The Echo, just some of my favs. in betting and fun! ;)

Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:25 pm
Handicapper

Why do you come on these forums? just to start arguments? nobody has said anything offensive or whatever, yet your still trying your best to have a pop at someone.

So now your saying Frankel wasn't the best?

To be honest you just make yourself sound pathetic with each post, I think i am speaking on behalf of quite a few people on this forum too.

Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:17 pm
Group 3 winner

your the one whos argueing all the time questioning ludicrously the validity of top horses like Hurricane Fly who proven won 17 group wins! seems like you argue just to reaffirm your own opinions believes. check my posts i come here to enjoy share horse racing i love the sport. i encourage enthusiasm for the sport. and i never said its alll only about time but youl say so just to suit your onw argument. its not the first time you got yourself in an argument on this forum either Frankel

Kauto Star, Brave Inca, Hurricane Fly, Arkle http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arkle, Ruby Walsh, Paul Nichols, Ouija Board, Goldikova, Peeping Fawn, Harbringer, Sea The Stars, Frankel, Hear The Echo, just some of my favs. in betting and fun! ;)

Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:30 pm
Handicapper

All i gave was my reasons why I don't think Hurricane Fly will win the Champion, because i won't be backing him. Just as SuperCat did too. Just because the horse has won 17 grade 1's doesn't mean it's invincible or will win champion hurdle.

Everything i've said hasn't been bad about Hurricane Fly, all i've said from the start is that he hasn't faced the horses he will this year and that both Mullins and Walsh have stated that the track does not favour him. Both of those statements are true so don't see where you coming from.

Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:35 pm
Group 3 winner

your choice of words and tone sometimes comes across very argumentative Frankel.

well im looking forward to the weekends races betfair Chase espec. looks very open race it has 4or 5 horse i admire lord knows which i will pick

http://www.racingpost.com/horses2/cards ... ceTabs=sc_

Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:45 pm
Handicapper

Great Betfair chase, 4 or 5 in their with a chance. However I don't think Cue Card stays 3m. soft ground expected for this weekend too. Would have a great chance but at this trip, I cannot have him.

Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:52 pm
Group 1 winner

Frankel2012 wrote:
Great Betfair chase, 4 or 5 in their with a chance. However I don't think Cue Card stays 3m. soft ground expected for this weekend too. Would have a great chance but at this trip, I cannot have him.

Which one do you like for the Betfair Chase then Frankel? I think with David Pipe's horses doing well lately I would take a plunge on Dynaste

Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:20 pm
Handicapper

I like Silviniaco Conti. Reasons being that I think Nicholls will have him primed for this, he loves it around haydock and he won it 12 months ago and is said to have improved physically and has become more of the finished article now he has got stronger, expect nothing less than a big performance.

Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:37 pm
Group 3 winner

i was surprised to see S.C. hes won this in 2012 i had forgotten, looks like great race i havent decided yet!

Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:10 am
Group 1 winner

I will be putting a few quid on the Nicholls horse and Pipe's horse as well watch Bob's Worth go and win it lol. :roll:

Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:43 am
Group 1 winner

I'm so excited to see Bob's Worth (though I'm working, hopefully they'll play it in the weighing room today!). He is so tenacious and gutsy. I think Henderson will have him fit first time to defend his record.

I can't really see Long Run getting into it, I suspect he'll be making it a fair pace for everyone and may stick on if SWC can sit on him!

I'm just not sure about Sliviniaco, the only time he came up against a real battle was in the Gold Cup where he fell... If he is on his own over the last two then he will probably win it.

Dynaste, I love him but I don't know what to make of him as Pipe's second season chasers haven't fared all that well recently.

Tidal Bay has to prove he is well after injury, but no doubt he'll be flying at the finish after flattening when they quicken. (I'm sure he's Inglis Drever in disguise!)

I'm sure The Giant Bolster will be there somewhere trying to steal some prize money if he jumps well enough.

I'm also really excited to see Captain Chris today, he's one of my favourites and if Al Ferof isn't 100% ready to run the Captain Chris will be there to take the spoils. Scratch that, Captain Chris is probably a non runner, gutting!

Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:24 am
Group 1 winner

Im all over Silviano Conte today

I think Bobs Worth is a superstar but he is an out and out stayer think this will be on the sharp side for him

Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:13 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

West Wizard could be out Monday

12:30 (Four Day) at Kempton, Openwork Foundation British Stallion Studs EBF "National Hunt" Novices' Hurdle (Qualifier)

Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:39 pm
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

what happened Homerun? zzzzzz was up late...top secret mission strictly confadential! ;)

shame t only see 2 runners! im on French Opera if only for the odds+chance :)

Al ferof won easy nice grey he seems to turn twist bit before and during jumps, even did a bit of a kauto skip there over couple fences lol

looks to me that nicholls has not realy settled on a no.1 jockey even though he said its daryl jacob his selections recently say otherwise

looking cross the water ruby is on fire for mullins purple patch i dont think nichols will ever replace ruby adequately

Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next