View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 camelot 
Group 1 winner

Post camelot
more impressive then st nic hope he goes beter at 3yo then him but what a performance love to see him at breeders cup but they wont risk it
potential superstar galileo is the daddy :lol:

Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:58 pm
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

He never came off the bridle, you could just tell he was a powerhouse looking at him going through the race and Obrien knew what he was sitting on.

Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:07 pm
Group 1 winner

He never came off the bridle, you could just tell he was a powerhouse looking at him going through the race and Obrien knew what he was sitting on.

i was down in tipperary couple weeks ago and its all they were talking about

he is very exciting

Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:10 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Post Re: camelot
pjrhodes1970 wrote:
more impressive then st nic hope he goes beter at 3yo then him but what a performance love to see him at breeders cup but they wont risk it

He's a Montjeu isn't he?

Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:26 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: camelot
bosra sham wrote:
pjrhodes1970 wrote:

He's a Montjeu isn't he?

oops yes hes a montjeu
2-y-o (05Mar09 b c)
Montjeu (IRE) (11.7f) — Tarfah (USA) (Kingmambo (USA) (9.9f)) :oops: :oops: :oops:

Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:43 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I agree that it was massively impressive but I'm still more impressed by Born To Sea, winning a listed race on debut in that fashion really took my eye and 7/2 against 16/1, I know who i'd be backing

Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:57 pm
Group 1 winner

I would have big reservations over Born To Sea for the Derby, because it's hard to see him getting that far. Invincible Spirit is just too much of a speed influence and I'm struggling to think of anything he has sired that has had much joy at a good level beyond a mile, let alone up into twelve furlong range. Lawman maybe, he won the Prix de Jockey Club, but Dettori made a point of keeping the emphasis away from stamina that day and connections duly came back to a mile after. Chalk and cheese compared to Cape Cross, and his progeny record, so I think Born To Sea is a Guineas horse and will be kept to a mile and not much more next season.
Not that I'd be rushing to take 7/2 either, about a horse that has been visually impressive, but has no form or figures supporting him yet, for a race a million miles away. At this point last season, how many people had actually heard of Pour Moi??

Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:32 pm
Group 3 winner

Whatever that means!

Obrien is due a another Derby and I will be amazed if someone has a colt with anywhere near the ability of Camelot.

6/4 on the day, mobile phone, sunglasses, 5 lengths.

"listen rishi, weve always liked him, listen, the data he was giving us was out of the ordinary, hes a big cruiser, hes all class, you can do anyting wit im you know, Joseph gave im a great ride, listen, its great for the whole team rishi"

"irish derby next?"

"listen rishi, well get him home, see how he is and well have a sit down with the boys and decide where we go from here you know, but listen, were delighted with him rishi"

"i better let you go your mobile is ringing, well done aiden"

"thanks rishi"

Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:14 pm
Group 1 winner

Camelot was impressive but I thought St Nic was far more so. St Nic was spectacular in the RP Trophy.

However a one off spectacular is not good enough to rely on, Camelot seems straightforward and his turn of foot looked comfortable if not electric. He looks like he'll have consistency which is something that the Ballydoyle runners often don't.

However any racing fan must have steamed into him, evens was free money. All of the Coolmore crew over, Ladbrokes 8/11 for the entire week beforehand...

Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:46 pm
Group 1 winner

camelots winning time 1 sec faster then st nic

Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:27 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

camelots winning time 1 sec faster then st nic

Times aren't everything but Camelot is very impressive agree with rich though SNA was the most impressive winner of this race for a long time but just didn't follow up next year and it would be foolish to jump to conclusion without seeing the fields shaping up at the start of next season. But at this moment in time camelot seems to be the one the rest have to beat.

Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:33 pm
Group 1 winner

7 seconds faster than 5 times G1 winner and super sire High Chaparral.

1.5 seconds slower than subsequent Group 3 winning Casamento.

Comparing times on turf from different years is not a profitable train of thought.

Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:34 pm
Group 3 winner

St Nicholas Abbey was impressive when he won but he was ridden for a furlong and half.

Camelot is the real deal. His data is exceptional, out of the ordinary some say. If he was ridden for a furlong and a half he would have won by 10 lengths. This horse hasnt even stretched his legs yet, you wont see it fully asked to go until the Derby and what a sight it will be.

Touch wood he has a trouble free winter and gets there 100% on the day.

Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:49 pm
Handicapper

St Nicholas Abbey was impressive when he won but he was ridden for a furlong and half.

Camelot is the real deal. His data is exceptional, out of the ordinary some say. If he was ridden for a furlong and a half he would have won by 10 lengths. This horse hasnt even stretched his legs yet, you wont see it fully asked to go until the Derby and what a sight it will be.

Touch wood he has a trouble free winter and gets there 100% on the day.

I don't get how you can say this when we've seen a horse twice surely we should wait to at least see if the form stacks up before proclaiming the next Sea Bird , Galileo whatever you want to call him we've been here so many times before with Goldophin Coolmoore and horses can have so much go wrong for them in such a short space of time. Lets just see what comes into The Derby you never no there might be a Lamterra horse(1 run in a madien wins the derby) or a french horse that comes to take this horse on or maybe this horse is the real deal you just can't be sure at this point. Very Impressive but don't over sell him before he's proven

Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:26 am
Group 1 winner

I prefer to see them ridden out because until they come off the bridle you don't know what they have in the engine. It would have been disappointing had he come off the bridle in such a weak G1.

I'd be extremely cautious about the data stuff that AOB goes on about. There have been many who set the sectionals alight and produced nothing on the racecourse.

Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next